Thread: Bulking

Wannabebig Member

Bulking

I'm currently trying to bulk and I was just wondering how much I should eat on resting days...

Another thing I was wondering though, is can you bulk on a speccific day to see increases in those workouts but cut the rest of the week? Or rather than CAN you... Is it a good idea?

if you bulk, u bulk. if u cut, u cut. you cant do them both at the same time. you should be eating around the same on off days at workout days
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

once a marine always a marine

eat everything in site!!

seriously just eat and eat everyday and night!
    Stan: Here we go -- mac and cheese. (Reads box) "Boil water." What am I, a chemist?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by teck
    eat everything in site!!

seriously just eat and eat everyday and night!
    I would love to eat everything in site... But I'm afraid of getting fat... It took me a looong 2 years to get to where I am now, I do miss the food but... I'm just afraid of a full fledged bulk.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rbns
    I'm currently trying to bulk and I was just wondering how much I should eat on resting days...

Another thing I was wondering though, is can you bulk on a speccific day to see increases in those workouts but cut the rest of the week? Or rather than CAN you... Is it a good idea?
    To gain 1 pound of bodyweight you need atleast 3500calories I think it is.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    To gain 1 pound of bodyweight you need atleast 3500calories I think it is.
    scarecrow mate you cant say that unless you know his stats (height weight waist etc) for me its around 2700.

Jason mate to get big you ARE gonna put on fat mate! but dont worry its all part of the fun! as long as you eat clean as you can then you will be ok! once you bulk for a couple months then cut! it will show how much your in control, you put on weight and then lose some its a good feeling!

Dont be afraid to put on some fat! to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs you know?
    Stan: Here we go -- mac and cheese. (Reads box) "Boil water." What am I, a chemist?

Banned
    scarecrow mate you cant say that unless you know his stats (height weight waist etc) for me its around 2700.

Jason mate to get big you ARE gonna put on fat mate! but dont worry its all part of the fun! as long as you eat clean as you can then you will be ok! once you bulk for a couple months then cut! it will show how much your in control, you put on weight and then lose some its a good feeling!

Dont be afraid to put on some fat! to make an omelette you gotta break some eggs you know?
    Yeah that's true, sorry.

Wannabebig Member

Well in a couple of months how much fat will I gain over a bulk???

My stats:
    height: 5' 11.5"
    weight: 155
    BF %: I'm not real sure on this... In november or so I had this taken with the pinch things and it said at 157 lbs I'd be 7% but the digital things say i'm currently at 17%, soooo...

I used to weigh 240.. Dropped down to 145.. At 6'2". I was completely afraid of gaining any fat and basically wasted the last year with crappy attempts at gaining muscle... Now I'm up to 180 and I'm finally putting on some muscle and having great lifts and workouts.. I'm eating like 4000-5000 calories a day. Sure I'm gaining a little fat.. Sometimes you just gotta quit being a pussy and look at the bigger picture(No offense mate).
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

145 lbs @ 6'2 I can't imagine that.

Use fitday, figure out your maintenance. Then you can add 500-1000 cals per day to gain between 1-2 lbs per week.

I think he meant 3500 extra cals per week will yield a 1 lb increase in weight.
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 04-28-2006 at 01:52 PM.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Wannabebig Member
    OK, so another quick question... I've been eating enough Peanut Butter to feed a third world country lately, and I just a little while ago realized what the percentage of your daily fat it fills up... On my Jiff PB jar it says 25% of fat needs in 2 Tbl spoons, and I've easily downed 10 or so just this morning... So I gotta ask... Are those nutrition labels way off or am I just eating wayyy too much... And also, would it be OK to still eat PB during a cut?(I love the stuff)

I'm bringin sexy back lifter4life's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Jason Rbns

You can carb cycle; which is where you reduce the amount of carbohydrates on off days because when you aren't working out your body doesn't need as many carbs; this concept reduces the amount of fat you put on. It depends how active you are on your off days though. I wouldn't try bulking and cutting on different days of the week though because it will reduce your results greatly and screw with your metabolism.

Wannabebig Member
    OK, I just logged in today's foods... This is what I've got... So could you guys let me know what numbers are high or which are low.. thanks

Calories: 4086
    Fat: 242
    Carbs: 282
    Protein: 222

lol I mentioned my love of PB earlier... Here's what's from PB:

Calories: 1328
    Fat: 114
    Carbs: 43
    Protein:56

Wow...