The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Journey to 180

Threaded View

Journey to 180

Third time's a charm - I believe this is my third attempt at a journal. I hadn't kept up with my old journal the past couple months because i didn't believe i was worthy of a journal with my slacking and undedicated diet. I kept working out, but my diet wasn't on track, and my weights weren't going anywhere considering i was on a small cut. I planned to get my abs for the summer, since i've never had them before. I got down to 154lbs, with my abs more visible than ever. I then realized i was an idiot and remembered how i never cared about abs anyways. That was a waste of time, though i only lost around 4 lbs of fat, so i guess it didn't really hurt me.

Right now i'm at 5'9 157lbs (naked - as of yesterday). I've been lifting for just over a year - started at 130lbs. My bodyfat is fairly low. I'm not an expert but i would guess around 10%. When flexed, my top two abs are fairly visible. A bulk is definitely in order. I honestly feel more dedicated than i've ever felt before. My workouts are intense, and my diet is completely on track. I'm taking in 4,000 calories a day and loving every bit of it. My goal is to bulk up to around 180, depending on how fast i gain the weight and how much fat i put on in the process.

The bodybuilding routine that i'm starting is a variation of a routine that Canadian Crippler made -

Upper
    Flat BB Bench - 5x5
    Chinups - 3x6
    Tbars - 2x8
    CGBP - 2x8
    DB Flies - 2 x 10

Lower + Delts
    Deads - Work up to one or two real heavy sets
    Leg Press - 3x8
    Leg Curls - 2x8
    Calves - 3x10
    Seated DB Press - 2x8

Upper
    BB Rows - 5x5
    Incline DB Bench - 3x6
    Chinups - 2x8
    Skulls - 2x8
    DB Flies - 2x10

Lower + Delts
    ATF Squat - 5x5
    SLDL - 2x6
    Lunges - 3x8
    Calves - 3x10
    Arnolds - 2x8

I'll likely switch exercises up when i feel like it.

Time to post my workout from today...
    Last edited by pinky8713; 04-30-2006 at 05:20 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!