Thread: Cooking eggs + preserving their wonderful protein?

Cooking eggs + preserving their wonderful protein?

Ive heard that scrambling eggs denatures a lot of the protein in them and I'm tired of slamming my eggs back raw (actually it doesnt really taste all that bad, but I just want to switch things up a bit). How do you eat your eggs?

boil them
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Sunny side up, boiled, scrambled. I don't think that you can remove protein from food while cooking, as a general statement.

salmonila poisoning is going to do a lot more damage to your endeavors than a little protein loss will.

You're supposed to denature the avidin in eggs by cooking them. This makes the protein more bioavailable.

Quote Originally Posted by IHaveToCrushYou
    Ive heard that scrambling eggs denatures a lot of the protein in them and I'm tired of slamming my eggs back raw (actually it doesnt really taste all that bad, but I just want to switch things up a bit). How do you eat your eggs?
    Denaturing is not the same a degrading them. When you denature a protein it no longer has a 3-D structure but it is still in tact as "string" of amino acids. It is the denaturing of the the protein in the egg white that turns the whites of the eggs white. Boiling would also denature the protein. Either way the protein will be there regardless of how you cook it.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

Read the Stickies! whiteman90909's Avatar
    So did it turn out that my little gatoraide- egg whites cocktail is a good idea?
    (pasturized, in-the-carton whites)

The pasteurization process involves heating the eggs to approximately 120C, enough to denature the avidin, so yeah that works out fine.

Quote Originally Posted by whiteman90909
    So did it turn out that my little gatoraide- egg whites cocktail is a good idea?
    (pasturized, in-the-carton whites)
    sorry, that really sounds gross
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by douglasmolina
    Denaturing is not the same a degrading them. When you denature a protein it no longer has a 3-D structure but it is still in tact as "string" of amino acids. It is the denaturing of the the protein in the egg white that turns the whites of the eggs white. Boiling would also denature the protein. Either way the protein will be there regardless of how you cook it.
    This is correct, and a good answer.

Proteins have primary, secondary, tertiary, and quaternary strucures. To, the original poster, you are not going to be denaturing the primary structure (as douglasmolina metioned) by standard cooking or heating.