The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Bench Advice

Threaded View

Gamer/Lifter

Bench Advice

IDK if I'm doing my bench wrong, or if my gym has a heavier bar (don't feel heavier then 45 LBs) but today I was bench 145 my goal was 5x5. I was able to do the first two sets at 5, then it slowly decline... I had a hard time getting my 2nd rep on my 5th rep. My grip is I use my thumbs as a measurement tool I put it to the edge of the grip normally inside of the sliver line and I was wondering if changed grip might help me more? My ORM is 165 actually I was able to do that 2x, and um so I guess my true ORM max is 175 even though i've never actually tested. I figured 145 Lbs would be do able at 5 x 5. Any advice is greating appreaticated. I even had a left off on my last set and was only able to attain 2 reps, I really pushed for a 3rd but couldn't get it.

I was wondering if I should lower my weight? I mean maybe 145 is too much to complete... Should I take it down ot 140 or somthing. Or should I continue on working till failure and or 5 reps until I get it down.
    Last edited by Nik00117; 05-01-2006 at 10:30 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!