The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Ice or Heat??

Wannabebig Member

Ice or Heat??

I strained the hell out of my right front delt on thursday. Of course, it didn't hurt 'til Saturday night. I think the bursis is involved too.

I iced it all day Sunday. Numbed the hell out of the whole shoulder. So. today it doesn't hurt. Shoulder pops when I do non weighted "side" raises, (This tells me there still must be some swelling becuase the popping comes from around the bursis) and I have NO strength in front raises. No PAIN. I notice the lack of strength in raising a glass of water to my lips.

Should I apply heat now to stimulate blood flow for healing (the lack of strength), or keep up the ice to reduce the swelling (that's why it's popping)?

Don't let anyone tell you form isn't important.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Ice is most affective the first 3 days or so. It still may help a bit if you havent compressed it or anything. If you feel it has started to heal a bit heat and stretching and massage will definetly help.

after you iced it for a couple days just give it time to heal. See how you feel after a week.
    Never Giving In.

The ice is there to primarily prevent/or bring down any swelling. Is they area inflamed or swollen? If so keep the ice on. 3-4 days of ice is usually a good rule. After you can cycle between heat and ice. Just make sure it doesn't swell up again when you add heat.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.