The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

help: I think my chicken thigh calorie count is WAY off!

ok, I'e been eating 10 chicken thighs (skin removed) a day for the past two weeks and have gained about 8lbs in the process.

fitday says that 10 thighs is 1450 calories (145 per thigh). this just seems low because 1 kfc or popeyes thigh is 400 calories. now I know those are fried and have the skin but am I miscalculating?

I need to know. I measured skinless thighs today and it came out to 700g raw. how many calories does this equate to?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Are you weighing just the meat or the meat and bone?

Banned
    meat and bone. but the bone does not weigh that much

A boneless skinless chicken thigh from Costco, Fosters Farm I believe, is 100 calories. So that sounds about right.
    Last edited by DoUgL@S; 05-02-2006 at 11:57 AM.
    Move heavy weight, eat, sleep, repeat.
    Geniuses make complicated scenarios simple, morons take simple concepts and complicate them.

remember, deep fried chicken with the skin still on it has a SIGNIFICANTLY higher fat count.
    100g of protein = 400 calories
    45g of fat = 400 calories

and to take a skinless, baked thigh from 150cals to 400cals, we barely need 30g of added fat, and breading holds a fair amount of oil.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by malkore
    remember, deep fried chicken with the skin still on it has a SIGNIFICANTLY higher fat count.
    100g of protein = 400 calories
    45g of fat = 400 calories

and to take a skinless, baked thigh from 150cals to 400cals, we barely need 30g of added fat, and breading holds a fair amount of oil.
    thanks man, that makes a lot of sense. is that 100g cooked or 100g raw because I just weighed 6 skinless chicken thighs at 760g which would be over 3k cals for 6 thighs

edit: oops. never mind. I just realized that fitday has an option to enter by the raw ounce with the bone on but the skin removed. duh. I'll just measure before I cook
    Last edited by WildCard; 05-03-2006 at 09:52 PM.

I dislike dark meat, but when I weigh my chicken and input into fitday, I just use the chicken, breast meat, skinless, boneless, yield after cooking.

I'm not too worried if I'm off by a couple grams of protein.
    But yeah, when yer used to your homemade chicken having X calories, and then find out that fast food chicken has X times 2 calories from deep frying, its not hard to realize why american's are so fat.