Thread: Who's danced with Linda?

Who's danced with Linda?

At 205 DL / 155 Bench / 90 Clean, that was the toughest 50 minutes of my life. For me, the problem was doing so many f'n deadlifts - After the 9 reps of DL, it was tough to hold onto the bar for bench. Cleans were a fun, dynamic period for me, which probably means I need to increase the weight. I tore two callouses clean off my hand from all the DLs.

After doing 8 reps of DL, pushing on was damn near impossible to convince myself to do. Because 7-6-5 seems like an eternity - you just want to get to the 3-2-1 section as fast as possible.

Anybody else with personal experience?

Don't ask for a lighter load. Ask for a stronger back.

It was one of the first workouts I tried when I started and it was 1-2 days after a max effort deadlift day ... it did not go well. Took me about 52 minutes.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Is this 1.5xBW dead, 1xBW bench, 0.5xBW clean, round of 21-15-9-5 (or something)? I remember I semi-tried this and it was actually one of the CF workouts I liked. Might (might) give it a go some time again.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

It's 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (55 total reps per move)

And yeah, it's supposed to be 1.5 BW DL, BW Bench, 3/4 BW Clean. 1.5 BW dead is pretty close to my 1RM, so I wussified it a little. It's a great workout - I'm definitely giving it another go in a month or so. It's a great combination of high reps and heavy weight... I guarantee no matter what weight you choose, you get worked by this thing. 55 deads of any weight for time will beat you up.

I did it last week. It was hard. I posed this in the other thread.

Body weight = 165
    Dead lift = 250
    Bench Press = 165
    Clean = 125

Time = 41 min 25 seconds

For me the deads were the easy part. Even when i felt totally burned out the bar just flew up and i didn't have to break the sets up at all from memory. Although i did tend to take longish breaks before starting the sets. I found benching the most difficult. I even got pinned once on the 7 rep set and i had to break the sets up a lot after about the 2nd round.
    I accidentally did power cleans rather than squat cleans making it a little easier. They still killed me though.
    Last edited by Stackattack; 04-28-2006 at 02:32 PM.

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    The bench would really kill me, I can barely do my BW for a set of 10, let alone period down to 1.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by Skinny Fat
    It's 10-9-8-7-6-5-4-3-2-1 (55 total reps per move)
    1.5 BW dead is pretty close to my 1RM, so I wussified it a little.
    Doing a set of 10 DL's, IMHO, can easily lead to injury via form breakdown. Especially when you are working with weights in the upper range of a person's 1 RM.
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    Doing a set of 10 DL's, IMHO, can easily lead to injury via form breakdown. Especially when you are working with weights in the upper range of a person's 1 RM.
    Hence, I wussified it. I did 225x21, 15, 9 when I did Diana, so I think I'm doing OK. 205 was a great weight for me.

Sounds like a fun one actually! I might give it a go when my hammy is up to snuff!
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Ive danced with linda, i stepped on her toes then she smacked me down and kicked me in my balls.

My spinal erectors were sore for about 5 days!
    Current Stats --------------- Training Goals: Improve athletic conditioning.
    Squat - 305lbs - 1/23/06 ----- 335
    Deadlift - 415lbs - 2/4/06 ---- 435
    Bench - 90s*7 ----------------- 100s*5
    Weight - 208 ------------------ 190
    Height - 5'10"

My Journal|My Routine|My FitDay
    WBBB|"Many of life's failures are people who did not realize how close they were to success when they gave up" - Thomas Edison

Two words..

**** that

That would be like bitch-weight for you Kev.

****ing midgit.
    Height: 5'10
    Weight: 205