The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    L.A.X

help w/ female advice.

lets say there is this girl who I met.
    She and me have a spare/ study period second period. So, one day she started talking to me. And after that we always sit together in the library, since there is no where else to 'study' in my school. We have different classes, so I hardly see her. However, I enjoy having this study period thing with her, we usually end up talking. Unfortunately, she is very active with school and always does something after this period. And I dont see her after school, during which time I have to go pick up my lil sister and bring her home.
    I'm going nuts about this female. I like a lot of things about her, but I never told her that. (Such as... her inthusiasm *sp?* or dedication.) Past week she was asked to do something else during the study hall period, and thus I hardly see her. On friday, I decided to go and talk to her before she had to go for a meeting.

I was woundering, should I go up to her and tell her straigh up that I am crazy about her and I like her; and if she would invite me more to her meetings or whatever she is doing, I would like to get to know her better and be around her more? (Would this look too intense of an approach?)

Me and her both 18 btw. I'm just soo crazy about her, yet I know so little about her.
    I have no desire to be average any longer.
    J: Apr. 14, 09 Last update
    Currently: Training core and Staying in Shape... until further notice

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

No guts no glory.

Next time you see her, ask her for coffee or something.

get her number and ask her out for dinner and something fun that you might think she'll like. don't go to a movie on the first date, you won't have time to talk to her during a movie, save movies for making out later down the road. don't tell her anything crazy like you're in love with her or something. I'd hold out on the going to her meetings kinda thing because that might be intrusive since you barely know her

Give it up. She hates you, and will only laugh at you if you ask her out.
    Vin Diesel has a fever.. and the only prescription is more cowbell.

Budiak: That girl I maced
    Budiak: macked
    Budiak: heh maced
    Budiak: I wish

ShmrckPmp5: a good thing people can't fire guns through the computer...your ass would have been shot years ago

Y2A 47: youre smooth as hell
    Y2A 47: thats why you get outta tickets, and into panties

galileo: you're a fucking beast and I hate you
    galileo: hate

assgrabbers are never subtile, they will grabb ass whereever they go,public or not, I know the type, because I am one. - Rock

I'm in the same situation you are in. I would ask the girl I like, but we work together. Other than that, dude, just go up and casually say "I'm not busy this "whatever weekday you are available" and I was wondering if you would like to go to "some restaurant" and then go bowling afterwards?"
    5'11.75
    249lbs cutting to 220lbs
    Bench: 250
    Deadlift: 435
    Squat: 350
    OHP: 190

Like they said up above brother, if you dont have the courage to ask then theres an astounding chance nothing will ever happen between you and her. Also that if you end up waiting too long, you might see her in the arms of another guy and then you'd kick yourself everyday and think that could have been me.

No pain no gain, no guts no glory ... pick your posion. Bottom line is you need to show her some signs you are interested in her, be subtle at first... and if she keeps missing the hints (possible on purpose) then become more and more aggressive and then just get to the point. But dont go to extreme either... you dont wana seem like you've got some werid obsession with her or get the kinda "creepy guy" vibe going out.

Or you can just never talk to her and keep doin the 5 finger shuffle.

tell her your crazy about her, and you'll most likely scare her off. Ask her to lunch or dinner.
    My Journal
    http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=119765

I think this is possibly the all-time best response on WBB. - Jorge Sanchez

"you're an animal eat like one damn it!" - Wikked1

"Now we're finally getting to the chicken or the egg question," I grinned. "Did I eat all that food because my size gives me more of an appetite, or did I get to be this big because I've been forcing myself to eat like this for years?"

From A Body Builder is Born

i knew you were a beast but not that kinda of a beast that eats grown men and children.. lilmase

Yes, do not go up and profess your love for her. Just ask her out on a date.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

I wouldn't even be so forward. Just say something to the effect of "So, it's really nice talking to you every day, do you think we could go do something after school sometime? I'd like to get to know you better."

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:520 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Dude you're in high school, right? Find out about some parties coming up next weekend and after talking to her for a while, ask her what she's doing that weekend. Regardless of what she says, say that you know of a few parties (remember to do your research and find this **** out or just have people over at a friend's house if they're okay with it) and tell her to give you her number and you'll give her a call.
    No offense but I think the "confessing your love" idea isn't the best way to go. It'll probs scare her off.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    No offense but I think the "confessing your love" idea isn't the best way to go. It'll probs scare her off.
    more likely than not, yes it will scare her off...so thats a big negatory on this approach...

Dude you're in high school, right? Find out about some parties coming up next weekend and after talking to her for a while, ask her what she's doing that weekend. Regardless of what she says, say that you know of a few parties (remember to do your research and find this **** out or just have people over at a friend's house if they're okay with it) and tell her to give you her number and you'll give her a call.
    but this is a great idea...fatrb=teh man...
    Last edited by Optimum08; 04-09-2006 at 12:17 PM.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

I swear to god Fatrb38 has to have gotten laid like 6000 times.

lick your thumb and press it to her shirt ... then tell her you would like to help her out of her wet clothes.
    Wovon man nicht sprechen kann, darüber muß man Schweigen.

~L. Wittgenstein

ask if she wants to join you to get coffee during your spare.
    -Matt
    gym lifts: squat: 341lbs, deadlift: 374lbs, bench: 275lbs
    My journal: http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85034
    "F—k you and the Prowler you rode in on"

Haha. Yea, it definitely will. I had to learn that the hard way. But don't be gay about it, just be to the point with her. Tell her you want to meet her somewhere for a drink or whatever. Don't ask her. Tell her.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by DarrenEff
    Next time you see her, ask her for coffee or something.
    [nitpick]...ask her out for a coffee or something.[/nitpick] She isn't your maid!
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by cphafner
    tell her your crazy about her, and you'll most likely scare her off. Ask her to lunch or dinner.
    ++ Be casual about it.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    I swear to god Fatrb38 has to have gotten laid like 6000 times.
    As flattering as this is, just so there aren't any false pretenses, no I haven't gotten laid an insane amount of times like some of you might think.
    I'm not huge on excuses but the fact of the matter is that only within the last ~6 months have I really become knowledgable regarding the "man-woman dynamic" (as I like to call it). I'm 19 and sophomore in college but I was a bit of a goofy kid in high school. Not that I wasn't popular and didn't have friends but I was a bit of the class-clown type of guy.
    Anyway about 6 months ago I decided to read a couple books on the subject of the "man-woman dynamic" and I found it very enlightening and easy to put into practice. One of the books (which I recommended a few months ago on here) I can actually say entirely proved my quality of life, especially with regards to my self-esteem. Up until 6 months ago I also had living conditions, among other things (no fake ID, more damaging than you would think), that really prevented me from being able to get exposure to new people (read "new girls") and have privacy back at my apartment. Within the last few months I got those things fixed...
    And within the last few months yes I've hooked up with more high-quality girls than I would have previously thought possible. No I haven't gotten laid like 6,000 times but I'm really starting to get a good rate going. Check back in a few years and I'm sure I'll have a pretty decent/ridiculous number.

The bottom line is that for those who have the will to streamline this area of their life, their is info and the resources to help them do it.
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Or you can just never talk to her and keep doin the 5 finger shuffle.
    AAahhhh the classic 5 finger shuffle. I always use that one. (i hope were talking about the same thing... the wave?)

Be funny man, make her feel comfortable. Talk to her about the weekend.. When you get to the right time, ask her to out for a drink.. wait your not old enough, damn. Do what the rest of them said above then. Show her something about you that she wont be able to get out of her mind.. Then maybe she will be the one coming after you...?
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Waiting for weight! Powdered_Power's Avatar
    Whatever you do, do not go overboard in showering her with compliments, telling her your crazy about her or in love with her..stuff like that should only be said if it gets pretty serious and even then use it in moderation... like a secret weapon. You see if they get to hear this all the time it wont mean that much to them anymore, so if ye **** up really badly and come out with an "i love you so much honey" and give her the look shell forgive you!

So just ask her out for something small.. like going to see a movie or whatever so you can both talk and get to know each other a bit better etc. If that goes to plan you can invite her over to your house sometime etc (DONT go diving for the hidden treasure the first chance you get though..its best to try this when you notice shes comfortable enough being aruond you etc)

Good luck bro!

Just be yourself. Invite her to something that you like to do outside of school...Get her to hang out with you at your house... Insert Teh Pen43 in to mouth. The end.

Quote Originally Posted by DarrenEff
    No guts no glory.
    x2
    I shoved my current GF up against my car and kissed her the second time I ever saw her... Asked her out a few days later, she was already mine. It's been six and a half months!
    When you walk through the fire,
    you will not be burned;
    the flames will not set you ablaze.

I demand an update!
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I demand an update!
    lol ME TOO! we need to know these things man
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics