Thread: Wuet AP Grades!!!

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar

Wuet AP Grades!!!

4'd Comp Sci
    3'd Physics

Should've studied more but I'm still really happy right now. I did absolutely nothing for the second semester of both classes and was able to pass both tests.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Congratulations.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

Damn I don't know how some people don't do anything and still pass the tests including final exam.

Do you guys pay attention in class? I must be in bottom percentile in terms of average brain power then.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by SkinnySadMan
    Damn I don't know how some people don't do anything and still pass the tests including final exam.

Do you guys pay attention in class? I must be in bottom percentile in terms of average brain power then.
    They just say that because they didn't get fives.

First semester I worked hard in both classes. But as you guys know, I got addicted to WoW the second semester. If you've ever played WoW (or Everquest), you'd know what my life became like. Studied pretty hard the last couple of weeks.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 07-04-2006 at 12:54 AM.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Big congrats, Fix. That should at least get you out of intro Comp Sci courses at whatever school you end up at, right? Hell yeah man, more time to lift frosh year of college
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Congrats Fix
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Thanks everyone. I was jumping up and down when I got my grades. Had to share my happiness.
    Lifting Journal

Toughest Man in the World Bruise Brubaker's Avatar
    I have no idea what these grades "4'd" and "3'd" mean. You still should have studied more

What undergrad courses does the CompSci AP exam exempt you from?

At my university it would exempt you from COMP 1010 and most likely COMP 1020 also. I had never taken any computer science courses until university where I was forced to because I'm a math major. It's actually pretty interesting stuff.

But yeah, I would take the courses anyways, because you'll most likely ace them and that'll give you a nice start to your cumulative GPA.

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    At my university it would exempt you from COMP 1010 and most likely COMP 1020 also.
    Are those language-specific?

My confusion lies with the fact that back when I was in undergrad, our CS classes were Intro C++, Advanced C++, Java, COBOL, assembly, etc.

I'm sure the curriculum has changed for most schools, I'm just curious as to what the 1000 level classes are.

I have no idea about being exempt from courses, but it was the Comp Sci AB (the harder of AB and A) exam so does that make it worth anything more?

And if I'm not exempt from any courses I don't really care. It was a great experience and I learned a lot. I plan to study some C++ soon (the Comp Sci exam was in Java) and being that I already have the concepts down I'll just need to learn some new syntax.

Btw Bruise, the grades you can score on AP Exam are 1,2,3,4,5.

1 = You probably took the wrong test lol.
    2 = Didn't pass.
    3 = Passed
    4 = Better.
    5 = Best.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 07-05-2006 at 02:53 PM.
    Lifting Journal

I got a 5 on my English and 4 on my Physics. That was 20 years ago. Don't rememebr a thing...
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Haha. Well I probably will major in some type of Engineering. Not sure which yet. Probably both hardware and software Computer Engineering, so I plan not to forget what I learned in Comp Sci.
    Last edited by fixationdarknes; 07-05-2006 at 03:37 PM.
    Lifting Journal

Quote Originally Posted by shootermcgavin7
    Are those language-specific?

My confusion lies with the fact that back when I was in undergrad, our CS classes were Intro C++, Advanced C++, Java, COBOL, assembly, etc.

I'm sure the curriculum has changed for most schools, I'm just curious as to what the 1000 level classes are.
    As far as 1000 level courses go for Computer Science at my school, I think only COMP 1010 is language-specific (Java). My instructor told us that when he did his undergraduate degree the courses were all language specific, and the first language they started off with was C++. That wasn't too long ago, since he's now a PhD student in his 20's, so I guess they must have completely changed the curriculum here in recent years.

good work, if i knew what was up i would have taken so many more AP classes than i did, free credits, you could probably get a years worth of credits from AP classes if you took enough

Quote Originally Posted by Tofer
    As far as 1000 level courses go for Computer Science at my school, I think only COMP 1010 is language-specific (Java). My instructor told us that when he did his undergraduate degree the courses were all language specific, and the first language they started off with was C++. That wasn't too long ago, since he's now a PhD student in his 20's, so I guess they must have completely changed the curriculum here in recent years.

Makes sense. As my younger siblings have gone through Georgia Tech, I know they're now no longer language specific - they just try to teach concepts, i.e. OOP, etc regardless of language.

Teaching Intro Java in someone's junior year after (as my undergrad program was doing just 5 years ago) they had three C++ classes was a little ridiculous.

I'm torn on AP exams, I did pretty well on them but you have to remember that your knowledge of the subject will be the basis for your undergrad degree (assuming you're majoring in the field) so you'll still want to make very sure that you know your stuff.
    If you go to a big university, I'm not sure that you'd even WANT to skip some of the entry-level classes... you'll end up jumping right into the more difficult classes when, to be honest, your free time might be more useful (socializing/networking, *cough* picking up on freshman girls *cough*). Also, as was said before, taking basic classes can raise your cumulative GPA which has its benefits (financial aid/scholarships, and GPA for professional school).
    Of course skipping classes can save money if it works into your schedule correctly.
    No reason not to study for them and take them as long as you're not neglecting your high school social life...

BTW you NEED to BURN those WoW and EQ CDs. EQ sucked away a year or two of my prime teenage years and I wish I could punch the developers in the face not just for me but for all of the other people out there neglecting their social life due to some game like that.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

i took AP physics in highschool got an A in the class but failed the test. but thats probley because i played basketball in highschool and never went to class
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Quote Originally Posted by d'Anconia
    I'm torn on AP exams, I did pretty well on them but you have to remember that your knowledge of the subject will be the basis for your undergrad degree (assuming you're majoring in the field) so you'll still want to make very sure that you know your stuff.
    If you go to a big university, I'm not sure that you'd even WANT to skip some of the entry-level classes... you'll end up jumping right into the more difficult classes when, to be honest, your free time might be more useful (socializing/networking, *cough* picking up on freshman girls *cough*). Also, as was said before, taking basic classes can raise your cumulative GPA which has its benefits (financial aid/scholarships, and GPA for professional school).
    Of course skipping classes can save money if it works into your schedule correctly.
    No reason not to study for them and take them as long as you're not neglecting your high school social life...
    You bring up some good points.. heh, or you could do what I did and come in with AP credits and just take 12 credits a semester and still be on track to graduate on time. That way, you get to have a fun 4 years (full of picking up chicks and drinking) and not worry as much about classes.
    Chicken, Cows, Eggs, and Milk: Eating Big, Lifting Heavy
    My Fitday

Height: 5'8"
    5/07 Weight: 168 lbs, 9% BF using calipers
    Goal: Start lifting again in January and hopefully get rid of this tendinitis.
    "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    I only took one AP class, English, and got a 4 on the exam. A 3 is usually not accepted for credit by colleges, though. Congrants on passing.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by offhegoes03
    You bring up some good points.. heh, or you could do what I did and come in with AP credits and just take 12 credits a semester and still be on track to graduate on time. That way, you get to have a fun 4 years (full of picking up chicks and drinking) and not worry as much about classes.
    Hahhahaha hey that works too.
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 07-06-2006 at 11:29 AM.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me