Thread: Gymnast Skills + Oly Lifts Setup

Gymnast Skills + Oly Lifts Setup

I'm looking to do something completely different in my routine in about 5 weeks or so. I've just received my Elite Rings, so I'd like to throw in a little gymnastics into the routine. However, I also want to get better at OL, so I was thinking about the following "split":

Monday - Gymnastics
    Tuesday - Oly Lifting / Sprints
    Wednesday - Gymnastics
    Thursday - Oly Lifting / Sprints
    Friday - Gymnastics
    Saturday - Rest
    Sunday - Rest

A couple of skills I'd like to work on are the Front Lever, Handstand, Planche, and Muscle-up to begin with. Should I split that up and do those on three separate days with supplemental exercises for them thrown in, or should I just work on them all on each of the three days a week? I'll be working these skills along with dips, pull-ups, and other types of basic movements on the rings.

I want to work on my C&J and learn proper technique on the snatch. I planned on doing the following routine from Dan John's "From The Ground Up":

Clean and Jerk: 8 Sets of Singles
    Front Squat: 5 Sets of 5
    Press : 5 Sets of 3
    Snatch : 8 Sets of Doubles

The sprints will probably be basic sprint X distance, walk back, sprint again, for about 15 minutes.

I'm looking for some suggestions on this. I'd also like to do some benching on the weekends if my energy permits, but that won't be as big of a priority as working on the Oly lifts.

Thoughts? Comments? Suggestions? Any advice appreciated!
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

Looks good to me, except I would change the exercises or intensity for the lifting part of the routine on the second lifting day to prevent over doing it... something like Push presses, back squats, and overhead squats instead.
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

Don't have a rack, so I can't really do back squats. Should I just continue doing Front Squats + OHS Thursday? Would shrugs or hang cleans be of any benefit these days?
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.