The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Can you have too many protein shakes in a day?

Curious.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Not neccessarily as long as it fits your caloric needs.
    ďIím not like everyone. I donít live like they live. I donít eat what they eat. No donuts. No coffee with cream & two sugars. No morning papers. Itís 6:52am & Iím on my second meal. While everyone else is hitting the snooze, Iím hitting my stride.Ē Frank Mcgrath

On days when I don't get much to eat would it be safe to have 4 a day?\

Morning, pre-workout, post-workout, bed

I dont understand how it could be unsafe, or what you mean by shake. If your talking about just protein in water or milk, then that's a bad idea unless your dieting as it most likely wouldnt be very many cals. If you mean a shake with other ghit mixed in, I have 8 of those a day.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Banned
    Well its pointless to drink to many shakes in a day, the body can only digest so much and when it reaches its protein limit for the day the rest you just poop out!
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-28-2006 at 12:28 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Scarecrow
    Well its pointless to drink to many shakes in a day, the body can only digest so much and when it reaches its protein limit for the day the rest you just poop out!

That is ******ed and completely incorrect. Please dont post garbage unless you partially know what your talking about. Thanks.

--Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    30th U.S. President

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by smalls
    That is ******ed and completely incorrect. Please dont post garbage unless you partially know what your talking about. Thanks.
    Okay buddy whatever you say - You wanna be getting 0.8 g of protein per kg body weight per day. Anything above that is pretty much a waste as protein cannot be stored in the body and the excess protein like I stated you're gonna poop/piss it out. Also too much protein can become stressfull for the kidneys!

Ask any god damn doctor, scientist or nutrionist in the world.
    Last edited by getfit; 04-28-2006 at 02:35 AM.

[QUOTE=Scarecrow]Okay buddy whatever you say - You wanna be getting 0.8 g of protein per kg body weight per day. Anything above that is pretty much a waste as protein cannot be stored in the body and the excess protein like I stated you're gonna poop/piss it out. Also too much protein can become stressfull for the kidneys!

Ask any god damn doctor, scientist or nutrionist in the worldQUOTE]

Wow, obviously you are a new member and are unaware at how accurate smalls is. You should also consider he is one of the more respected members on this site especially considering nutrition and to call him a moron not only makes you come across as an *******, but shows how little knowledge you really have. I hope you get banned...and soon.
    Last edited by getfit; 04-28-2006 at 02:36 AM.
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sidior
    You should also consider he is one of the more respected members on this site especially considering nutrition
    Yet he doesn't even know the basics?

lol you are missing the point.... do some learning and come back

Poo is also LBM - The Built

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Okay buddy whatever you say - You wanna be getting 0.8 g of protein per kg body weight per day. Anything above that is pretty much a waste as protein cannot be stored in the body and the excess protein like I stated you're gonna poop/piss it out. Also too much protein can become stressfull for the kidneys!

Ask any god damn doctor, scientist or nutrionist in the world!

1. Name calling is not usually approved on this site and can lead to banning. And should be reserved for when I really AM a dick. So save it up.

2. Please explain how protein is pooped out, and please get as specific as necassary.

I agree that most studies show .8 g/kg is more than sufficient, for the average adult. Athletes have been shown to benefit from higher intakes. I would rather overindulge than under.

In a normal healthy adult the body wastes almost nothing, I'm sure all the obese people around wish it would. It either utilizes it for building and repair, energy, or stores it. The body can't store protein but it sure can convert it and store it as fat. Any macronutrient can be stored as fat.
    Please read a little before coming here and spouting off "shape magazine BS".

The people here are smart enough to educate themselves instead of believing infomercials. Join us.
    Last edited by getfit; 04-28-2006 at 02:37 AM.

--Abraham Lincoln

30th U.S. President

And thanks sidior and others. Sometimes it doesnt even seem worth it. We should just leave people to their ignorance and move on.
    Last edited by smalls; 04-28-2006 at 01:23 AM.

--Abraham Lincoln

30th U.S. President

Come on guys hes more than welcome to argue his point. Scarecrow if you are correct why dont you post up some research and facts to prove your point. One only needs to search to find facts and research on this site(possibly posted by smalls) to prove what smalls is saying. we like discussions around here but only factual ones were people will back up their statements with facts and research not some **** you read in a magazine
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Banned
    1. Name calling is not usually approved on this site and can lead to banning. And should be reserved for when I really AM a dick. So save it up.

2. Please explain how protein is pooped out, and please get as specific as necassary.

I agree that most studies show .8 g/kg is more than sufficient, for the average adult. Athletes have been shown to benefit from higher intakes. I would rather overindulge than under.

In a normal healthy adult the body wastes almost nothing, I'm sure all the obese people around wish it would. It either utilizes it for building and repair, energy, or stores it. The body can't store protein but it sure can convert it and store it as fat. Any macronutrient can be stored as fat.
    Please read a little before coming here and spouting off "shape magazine BS".

The people here are smart enough to educate themselves instead of believing infomercials. Join us.
    It's pretty sad people look upto you for nutrition advice when you ask such ridicilous questions. Take a guy that weighs 200lbs for instance, you put him on diet where he is consuming lets say 350+g of protein a day. Now to your knowledge you see nothing wrong in this? - Well wrong! - Your body can only do so much and giving it such a huge supply of protein in such a short period of time it doesnt give the body enough time to process it all into "Amino Acids". So that extra protein you consumed didn't help at all, yeah it gets stored as fat and gets pooped out aswell. So in the end it didnt do you any good and you wasted protein and at the same time really put a strain on your kidneys and liver no doubt. You keep doing this, and years down the line you're gonna regret it.

Yeah it's 0.8g-1.2 something like that.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by HILL
    we like discussions around here but only factual ones were people will back up their statements with facts and research not some **** you read in a magazine
    Where i'm from we learnt about the basic functions of the human body in school.

Where i'm from we learnt about the basic functions of the human body in school.
    You learned wrong bud. Don't you wonder why everyone else seems to disagree with you?

to be honest this being my first post and all may be disregarded but what ever. For one "smalls" (not that i know you) but you dont get a senior member for nothing so new people understand that he/she must know alot!! and dont you think this has drifted OT a bit?

To answer the question, thats about how many shakes i have even tho i try not to have a lot of shakes as there is all the stuff you need in food.

Just to chuck my '2cents' in i personally think that is absolutly cra*p! if you read any half decent forum (this forum for a good example!) normal intake is around 1-1.2 just to maintain (even tho you could bulk on this amount) i intake around 2 when bulking. but that is just my opinion

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by teck
    to be honest this being my first post and all may be disregarded but what ever. For one "smalls" (not that i know you) but you dont get a senior member for nothing so new people understand that he/she must know alot!! and dont you think this has drifted OT a bit?

To answer the question, thats about how many shakes i have even tho i try not to have a lot of shakes as there is all the stuff you need in food.

Just to chuck my '2cents' in i personally think that is absolutly cra*p! if you read any half decent forum (this forum for a good example!) normal intake is around 1-1.2 just to maintain (even tho you could bulk on this amount) i intake around 2 when bulking. but that is just my opinion
    Yeah I said anything between 0.8-1.2g

You just don't crap out extra macros. Your body uses them. While the extra protein may not be used for tissue repair/building, it doesn't just go out the poop chute.

Also, if excess protein was so bad for your liver/body, then 90% of the people here would be dead, and there would be no one to argue with.
    Nick V

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Unreal
    You just don't crap out extra macros. Your body uses them. While the extra protein may not be used for tissue repair/building, it doesn't just go out the poop chute.

Also, if excess protein was so bad for your liver/body, then 90% of the people here would be dead, and there would be no one to argue with.
    Yes it gets stored as fat and who wants that?
    Yeah "excess" and "long term" are they key words here.

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    Yes it gets stored as fat and who wants that?
    Yeah "excess" and "long term" are they key words here.
    Funny, your opinion seems to have drastically changed.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by JustinASU
    Funny, your opinion seems to have drastically changed.
    Yeah you poop it out + stores as fat, you think you're poop doesnt have any protein in it?

How has my opinion drastically changed, sparky?
    Last edited by Scarecrow; 04-28-2006 at 10:18 AM.

Funny I take in 250g+ of protein a day, yet I'm getting leaner and leaner.

It only gets stored as fat if you are in a caloric excess.
    Nick V