The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Hybrid View

What meat is this? How to tell?

How do you guys tell what type of meat you eat from nutritiondata.com? I just bought "Beef chuck shoulder steak boneless" And all these results come out and I have no idea what the heck it is or the diff???

Beef, chuck, blade roast, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, all grades, cooked, braised [Top Blade Steak]
    Beef, chuck, clod roast, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA choice, raw [Shoulder Pot Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder tender, medallion, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, cooked, grilled [Tender Medallions, Teres Major]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder tender, medallion, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, raw [Tender Medallions, Teres Major]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder tender, medallion, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, select, cooked, grilled [Tender Medallions, Teres Major]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder tender, medallion, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, select, raw [Tender Medallions, Teres Major]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder top and center steaks, steak, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, cooked, grilled [Center Cut Steak, Ranch Cut Steak, Triceps Brachii]
    Beef, chuck, shoulder clod, shoulder top and center steaks, steak, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, choice, steak [Center Cut Steak, Ranch Cut Steak, Triceps Brachii]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, all grades, cooked, broiled [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, USDA choice, cooked, broiled [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 0" fat, USDA select, cooked, broiled [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, raw [Top Blade Roast. Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA choice, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA select, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, all grades, cooked, broiled [Top Blase Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, USDA choice, cooked, broiled [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 0" fat, USDA select, cooked, broiled [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA choice, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean only, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA select, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

I usually just select one that looks the most basic and look at the meat to determine the fat content. Most of the time I just go with 1/4" for the benefit of the doubt, unless I cook it and it turns out really lean - 0".

I'd probably go with:

Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, all grades, raw [Top Blade Roast. Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA choice, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]
    Beef, chuck, top blade, separable lean and fat, trimmed to 1/4" fat, USDA select, raw [Top Blade Roast, Boneless]

It did say shoulder though, and they trim all the fat off, so shouldn't it be one of the shoulder with 0" fat?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Well, then use 0". Remember that I can't see what the product you have is. The difference is pretty small on the larger scale of dietary concern, so you should just pick one that seems accurate.

Top blade is top of the shoulder blade. That is shoulder area.

Check what the difference is between the shoulder clod calories and the top blade calories. If the difference is only <50 calories per 3 oz, then pick one or the other. A choice, shoulder clod medallion would probably be a more expensive cut, so take that into consideration too.

Oh okay, thanks, I really wish they'd just put it on the package lol, thanks for the help!
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"