The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

View Poll Results: Would you have a gf/wife who didn't go to college?

Voters
38. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

18 47.37%
  • No

20 52.63%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Where the grass is green and the girls are pretty

Thinking of getting a dog.

I just started living alone and it's boring as hell. Family and friends live far away and I need a companion. I was thinking of getting a girlfriend but the girls I met so far are only after money (wanting me to fill up their gas tank? wtf?).

So I've decided to get a dog. I was thinking of getting a small or medium sized dog, about 30 pounds or so because there is no room for a bigger dog in the condo. Plus I could meet lots of girls walking the dog.

I need some name of breeds that don't shed.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I was thinking of getting a girlfriend but the girls I met so far are only after money (wanting me to fill up their gas tank? wtf?).
    You sure this wasn't just dirty talk?
    I'm not moaning, i'm having an opinion.

Italian Greyhounds are hypoallergenic. They're a bit smaller (<20lbs), but they're very good companions. No grooming, aside from nail trimming and teeth brushing, required.

Negative.

She actually wanted me to fill up her tank.

Thanks Xian I'll look into it.

I like that dog in the Little Rascals.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Poodle mixed breeds typically don't shed much.

Keep in mind that getting a dog is saddling yourself with a daily schedule of obligations. I love dogs but won't get one for a while because it will severely cramp my partying style.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    I've always been around standard poodles my whole life. Since I'm allergic to all dogs with fur, that's what my parents have had.

When I get a dog I think I'd get a Portuguese water dog. I've heard they're great, don't shed, but are slightly rare.

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    My parents' friends got a Portuguese water dog and they love her- she's extremely rambunctious, though.
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

As a new dog owner, let me say that a puppy is a hell of a lot of work, even for two humans. And let me recommend a older shelter dog that is already house broken for your purposes. And confirm that dogs totally get chicks.

What about cats?

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Dont buy a cat, hehe my cat is like a terrorist.

A staffordshire bull terrier is the perfect dog for you, it is a charm bomb...a little staffie will charm the hell out of any fur saving girl.

http://www.irishfieldsports.com/terr...ire%20bull.jpg
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

There may be hope yet. JustinASU's Avatar
    Silently Slipping into the dark abyss of Insanity
    I stayed the weekend at a friend's house and got to play with her minature daschund. Sweet dog, less than 15 lbs, VERY short hair, and incredibly loving too. My wife wants a small dog--I'm considering this breed.
    Credulous at best
    Your desire to believe in
    Angels in the hearts of men.
    But pull your head on out of your hippie haze
    And give a listen
    Shouldn't have to say it all again

I almost got a mini-daschund, but there were a few things that kept me from it. One, they tend to pee when they get excited. Two, they're too small to get on and off of the bed by themselves (could be a positive). Three, some of them tend to have a poor demeanor.

If you want a 10-15lb creature, why not get a cat? They're smarter than similarly sized dogs and mostly take care of themselves.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    If you want a 10-15lb creature, why not get a cat? They're smarter than similarly sized dogs and mostly take care of themselves.
    Unless it's a hairless cat, then bad advice.

i know you said u want a medium sized dog, but i would consider a doberman.. thats what i got, they are very protective, they love attention, and they can help you get mad girls, ive talked to countless women while walking my dog, they bring alot of attention to people
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

once a marine always a marine

I'm with Rock. I think some kind of Bull terrier is your best bet. They're cool as ****, not pussies like Poodles, and not so energetic that they get annoying.

Also, I recommend getting a female.
    Last edited by KingJustin; 05-08-2006 at 01:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by David
    I like that dog in the Little Rascals.
    Then Rock's suggestion wasn't far off. Get you a little APBT.

I went the other route and got a big ass shed-tastic Rottie (mix?).
    He's sweet but he's also a giant clumsy spaz who has probably done hundreds of dollars of damage to the house I live in.
    I would also suggest really giving this some thought... I got a dog for many of the same reasons you're thinking of, and as much as I love the bastard I do regret it sometimes... he's stuck in the crate if I'm not home, and can't be in the house unsupervised.

This means when the coworkers go out after work, I have to go home and let the dog out... or if I'm out partying, I have to go home and let the dog out instead of staying out or sleeping away from home... perhaps you've got this figured out already, but these are things that I wish I had considered more thoroughly ahead of time.
    530S/320B/475D
    With strength I burn

DD, come on..its not that bad..what better..making him happy or some stupid party
    A big thanks to all my friends in the USA, I am deeply grateful for your hospitality and kindness.

Wannabebig Member

I've got some APBTs too and they're real good dogs. As mentioned earlier, you're adding a big load to your list of priorities, especially if you choose a puppy. Puppies are a lot of work and expect that they might mess up: piss at the wrong time and place, chew things, and need lots of attention (socializing and watching them so they do the correct things). Don't forget the expenses. Other than that, if you really want a dog and can handle it, go for it.

Women and college education / Getting a dog

Ok, I haven't seen a poll on here in a while and I've like to see some numbers on what is a very important topic.

It has to do with this really beautiful girl I think I'm in love with. Thing is, she doesn't have a college education and I dont think she will ever go back to college. She looks like a model and says she wants to be the next cover girl, I have no idea what her backup plan is if that fails, except for maybe work as a nursing assistant like she is doing right now. She is 8 years older than me so I don't think she has much time left to accomplish that.

Ok so my question is: How important is it for you to have a girlfriend/wife that graduated from college and has a good job?

I know a lot of guys have wifes that are stay at home moms, but that's only by choice. I'm sure they had real jobs before having a baby.

Are we not supposed to vote if we don't have a significant other?
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I'm bringin sexy back lifter4life's Avatar
    It says would you, so no.

Well, I'll like to know if you would even get involved with a woman that is 32 years old and doesn't have a college education.

Thing is, she did go to college but got pregnant and dropped out. Now she has an 8 year old daughter. I don't think she's going to go back to school.

I guess what I'm asking is would you chose love over money?

Would you rather date a woman who makes like 20 grand a year or a woman who makes 60 grand a year? But what if you loved the woman who makes less money per year?
    Last edited by David; 05-08-2006 at 08:44 PM.

I *would* but I'd strongly prefer one who has a college education so I went with "no".
    Last edited by d'Anconia; 05-08-2006 at 08:48 PM.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

I personally don't care if she's highly educated, as long as a girl has work ethic and isn't a mooch.
    I only hold an associate's from a technical college, so who am I to judge? I have a good job--one that could take care of a family if I want, but I plan to go back to school. Picking a girl based on her education isn't a big priority, though. Smarts? Yes. Looks? lol..Yes. Heart? DEFINITELY. You want to think long-term, here.

And, honestly, if this girl hasn't been the cover girl by 32 it's never gonna happen. At 25, she'd missed the boat.
    Last edited by Patz; 05-09-2006 at 10:01 PM.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083