The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

xbox 360 v ps3................

after all th hype about the xbox 360 i went and checked one out and was amazed at some of the quality of the games, ive only ever owned a ps2 and the difference was remarkable!

I've also recently read that sony have delayed the release of their ps3.

Has anyone any knowledge of how good the ps3 will be, and which would be the better buy?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

PS3 will be better.

It's all about the blue-ray man.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

Until we see efficent games for both systems it will be hard to say. Until both consoles in question are released its purely speculation at this point.

Tech spec wize the PS3 will be superior to the 360 (something the xbox was to the ps2 and look where that got em).

Sony will use Blu-Ray which is 25GB per layer.

M$ chose to launch on DVD9 limiting them to 8.5GB total.

Sony has 50GB to work with in all (25GB is a single layer).

M$ also announced a HD-DVD add on which will boost them to 15GB per layer for a total of 30GB. Who knows when we will see this "add-on" and how much it will cost. Who wants to buy their games over again in HD-DVD??? If they do re-release old games from DVD9 onto HD-DVD people wont be happy.

I personally think the PS3 will prevail, but its all about games. I dont care which machine was out first, which was the cheapest, or which one was most powerfull. Its all about games... Only one time in history did being cheaper win out over better games. And that was years back in the handheld department. The battle was between the Nintendo Gameboy and the Atari Lynx. The Lynx was superior in many aspects... full color, better games, and a backlight!!!!!!!!! But the gameboy outsold it, and laster futher then any atari handeld.

We will have to wait for this november to find out

You can't forget about Nintendo Revolution.

$150 for their new console, I'm sure they well do fairly well in the market.
    "It is often said, mainly by the "no-contests", that although there is no positive evidence for the existence of God, nor is there evidence against his existence. So it is best to keep an open mind and be agnostic. At first sight that seems an unassailable position, at least in the weak sense of Pascal's wager. But on second thought it seems a cop-out, because the same could be said of Father Christmas and tooth fairies. There may be fairies at the bottom of the garden. There is no evidence for it, but you can't prove that there aren't any, so shouldn't we be agnostic with respect to fairies?"

Richard Dawkins

"Out of all of the sects in the world, we notice an uncanny coincidence: the overwhelming majority just happen to choose the one that their parents belong to. Not the sect that has the best evidence in its favour, the best miracles, the best moral code, the best cathedral, the best stained glass, the best music: when it comes to choosing from the smorgasbord of available religions, their potential virtues seem to count for nothing, compared to the matter of heredity. This is an unmistakable fact; nobody could seriously deny it. Yet people with full knowledge of the arbitrary nature of this heredity, somehow manage to go on believing in their religion, often with such fanaticism that they are prepared to murder people who follow a different one."

Richard Dawkins

"Bah. You know I hate poor people."

Paul Stagg

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    It doesn't really matter which one everyone says is better. Buy whichever makes you the happiest. That's all that freaking matters.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

who the hell needs 50 gigabytes for a damn game?

look at morrowind on the xbox. i played that game probably 2-300 hours and never saw the same thing twice. what microsoft has is waaaaaay plenty. the new elder scrolls game that is almost out for the 360/pc is almost 2x as big as well.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Quote Originally Posted by Manveet
    You can't forget about Nintendo Revolution.

$150 for their new console, I'm sure they well do fairly well in the market.
    :withstupi

The revolution looks like it will be fun to play, regardless of specs. The controller is brilliant.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    I'll likely pick up one. I'm not the type of guy who likes to sit down and play some incredibly long, fancy RPG for 500 hours. Simple NHL games + Mario Kart leave me happy.
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Quote Originally Posted by biggimp
    who the hell needs 50 gigabytes for a damn game?

look at morrowind on the xbox. i played that game probably 2-300 hours and never saw the same thing twice. what microsoft has is waaaaaay plenty. the new elder scrolls game that is almost out for the 360/pc is almost 2x as big as well.
    Most of the first games won't even use nearly that much. The biggest reason for it is faster data transfer speeds. The data rates are considerably higher than DVD.

http://www.blu-ray.com/faq/

I will more than likely buy both. Hopefully.

Plasma and LCD tv's are dropping in price so damn fast I think I'll wait until the PS3 is launched before I pick one up. Gotta have HD.

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    The revolution looks like it will be fun to play, regardless of specs. The controller is brilliant.
    +1

Just for nostalgia's sake (the downloadable classics), and the next iteration of Mario Kart and Mario 128, I'd have to give it a whirl. I'm ready to go nation-wide with Mario Kart, for certain.

The graphics will STILL be a small step up, BTW. The processing speed is rumored to be roughly 2-3 times the Gamecube, plus Nintendo just landed a whole bunch of patents covering Displacement Mapping, which should allow them to accomplish a whole lot, with very little. Not that I care to see the boogers stuck in Mario's mustache, or anything.

It'll be what it's intended to be....I very useful appliance/toy that people of all ages will be able to pick up right away.

It's going to be a hard unit for developers to ignore once they see the sales....and I predict they'll be very good, plus the low budget required to make a game. There's already familiarity with the Gamecube processor, obviously, save for the Displacement Mapping.

There's no doubt that it will be a totally different, and unrealistic gaming experience compared to the big boys, which is fine with me. I'll wait to see what happens between 360 and Sony before I drop $500 on either of them. $425 for the entry-level PS3 is kinda.....eh.....not a priority before some new guitar pickups and a refretting job. And maybe a new amp. Damn, the list just keeps getting longer........
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

the kid from oz
    Pc Ftw!!!!!!!111
    Last edited by bigedge; 03-19-2006 at 04:25 AM.

Pc gaming is long dead.

I concur, I plan to game heavily on the PC in the next few years. While yes its more expensive, the fact you need to upgrade and that the upgrades are expensive and the fact that your TV is probably alot nicer then your monitor mean nothing to me.

The computer can do SO much more then a game console can, so much more.

And heres the dealio with Blu-Ray. Blu-Ray video will be much higher def then regular dvd (i think 1920x1080p). So while your gaining "some" extra space, alot of it is being takeing up by the much higher res video. Its like the difference from .avi to mpeg 2... anyone whos ever transcoded something will know what I speak of.

Revolution will do well, because it caters to the sub casual gamer. The person who likes mario kart and the occasional sports game (crippy). It wont dent your wallet and you'll get your moneys worth here and there. No one caters to the sub casual gamer (atleast in the console front), so its nintendos show to steal.

Grasshoppa
    Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    Pc gaming is long dead.
    Coulda fooled me.
    Shao-LiN
    "I tried so hard and got so far, but in the end, it doesn't even matter." - Linkin Park

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    The graphics will STILL be a small step up, BTW. The processing speed is rumored to be roughly 2-3 times the Gamecube, plus Nintendo just landed a whole bunch of patents covering Displacement Mapping, which should allow them to accomplish a whole lot, with very little.
    They will be a huge step up. I keep seeing this "2-3x" factor thrown around a lot and it may be technically true with regard to clockspeed for some part of the pipeline, but the revolution will be MUCH more powerful than the gamecube. It uses a slightly simplified version of the xbox360 chipset with fewer graphics pipelines.

The big difference is that revolution apparently won't support native HDTV resolutions.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Viva La Revolution!

Quote Originally Posted by WBBIRL
    Revolution will do well, because it caters to the sub casual gamer. No one caters to the sub casual gamer (atleast in the console front), so its nintendos show to steal.
    I agree with that. I hope you're right!

Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    They will be a huge step up. It uses a slightly simplified version of the xbox360 chipset with fewer graphics pipelines.
    I didn't know that. In fact, I thought it was just going to be a faster version of the Gamecube chip set. Maybe that's just the dev kits. Or maybe even the dev kits aren't that way. Maybe I'm on crack.

I like what you said, though, and I hope you're right. I'm fine with the cartoonish graphics, as long as they continue to look better & better. If it looks any *better* than Mario Kart GP in the arcades, then I'm going sh*t myself.
    "We could put his leg in a vice-grip, but you & I together couldn't twist his ankle enough to sprain it"
    - Jerry Glanville discussing Barry Sanders

does anyone know if game places are taking reservations yet?? Like electronics boutique and gamestop??? Cause this time I"m not getting screwed out of first shipment, like I did with Xbox 360.

Quote Originally Posted by Majestic
    I didn't know that. In fact, I thought it was just going to be a faster version of the Gamecube chip set. Maybe that's just the dev kits. Or maybe even the dev kits aren't that way. Maybe I'm on crack.

I like what you said, though, and I hope you're right. I'm fine with the cartoonish graphics, as long as they continue to look better & better. If it looks any *better* than Mario Kart GP in the arcades, then I'm going sh*t myself.
    Yes, apparently one of the dev kits is a hyped up version of gamecube, mainly intended for interface development, if I recall correctly.

The "cartoonish" graphics are an artistic choice and its says very little about the processing power of the GPU.

The economics of converting to HD are very interesting, as it seems to increase the cost of many components: GPU needs a lot more bandwidth or clock speed, which push the mfg. margins, there needs to be a more RAM for textures, and eventually HD media. Revolution won't have any of these costs.

Pc gaming is long dead.
    Is that because you can't afford a gaming PC?

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    Is that because you can't afford a gaming PC?
    No. I just don't like MMORPGS, and not a great deal of jaw dropping games have come out and impressed me.

Heh, I must a closet CS super geek or something, I speil of the same **** each time.

No. I just don't like MMORPGS, and not a great deal of jaw dropping games have come out and impressed me.

Heh, I must a closet CS super geek or something, I speil of the same **** each time.
    Half-Life 2
    Doom 3
    BattleField 2
    Wolfenstein
    "Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety." -- Benjamin Franklin

AOE3
    FEAR
    BF2
    HL2
    Elder Scrolls 4
    Fable
    Guild Wars
    WoW
    COD2
    Counter Strike
    GTA: SA

Not to mention a ton of older games that I still like to play... WC3 and D2 to name a few.

It's all up to the games. You can have the best system out there, but if the games aren't appealing, then the system will fail.

I'm rooting for PS3 because it will be compatable with 2 generations of games. Imagine how many games you have to choose from.

The revolution sounds VERY tempting with its price tag. I was too late on the Game Cube hype. I honestly should have bought that system instead of a PS2.
    I will choose to neglect all the thoughts of false communication

Articles on the Revolution says you'll be able to download and play games from NES, SNES, & N64 (this makes it more than worth it to me). Also, it will play Gamecube games right out of the box.