The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Recovering from bad sleep

This happens to everyone I know, but it really bothers me personally.

I'm in the middle of exams, I am forced to cram, write papers, etc, and last night I end up staying up to 5:30am, wake up at 8:30am to turn in my paper, then go back to sleep until like 2:00pm. My sleep is absolutely lousy. After I work on something for like 12 hours straight, I can't get the thought out of my head, and it is all I think about when I'm trying to sleep for some reason. I feel confident that I never reached deep sleep and such.

So, today I feel like crap. My metabolism is all slow, I have no energy, etc. I don't plan on going out this weekend because everyone is cramming for exams and not doing anything, and I have 2 more big ones on Monday and Tuesday. I want to get back into the pattern of going to sleep at 2:00am and waking up around 10:30pm. What is the best way to do this?

I would like to go to the gym later tonight, but I know if I take a nap and go later on, then I won't be able to sleep all night. Maybe I should take some nyquil?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

just rest if you have to, even if you don't train for a few days it won't affect your gains,do what you have to do, then get back into it once you're done
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    I want to get back into the pattern of going to sleep at 2:00am and waking up around 10:30pm. What is the best way to do this?
    Just to clarify, did you mean going to sleep at 2am and waking up at 10:30am?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

the only thing i can say is, try not to think about it when you are sleeping.. i know it can be hard but just when you think about it, just picture somethin else. the same thing happens to me when i do something like that, especially when i start a new job
    20 yrs old
    6'2" 210 lbs
    9% BF
    bench 330 x 2
    squat 415 x 8

once a marine always a marine

Tylenol pms help. Take them the first few nights to make yourself fall asleep early. Don't take them for more than 1 or 2 nights, though. I have a friend that did that and it's going on 3 years now.
    Last edited by HahnB; 05-05-2006 at 06:03 PM.
    My brother and I were brutal. I once chased him around the house with a spoon that I put on the burner. I burned that little pricks leg. -sharkall2003

Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke. he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today - Rock

General of Froot Soldiers TwiloMike's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Tylenol pms
    ROFL
    Homer Simpson - "The code of the schoolyard, Marge! The rules that teach a boy to be a man. Let's see. Don't tattle. Always make fun of those different from you. Never say anything, unless you're sure everyone feels exactly the same way you do."
    www.dictionary.com (for all your spell-checking needs)
    My picture thread- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=78235
    My journal- http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=77712
    Viking Warlord- "You can't motorboat a personality".
    Built- "See, truly artful copy-paste isn't random. You need to know WHAT to copy before you go pasting..."

Quote Originally Posted by HahnB
    Tylenol pms help. Take them the first few nights to make yourself fall asleep early. Don't take them for more than 1 or 2 nights, though. I have a friend that did that and it's going on 3 years now.
    I wouldn't get too worried about becoming dependent on Tylenol PM's. It's tylenol and benadryl.....that's it. Neither are addictive or habit-forming.
    Last edited by razorcut; 05-07-2006 at 06:34 AM.

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science.” --- Charles Darwin

Try meditating before sleep. I've found that it works wonders and I get really sound sleep. If it helps, plan out in your head what you need to get done the next day and visualize how easy it will be to knock it all out.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

im taking finals week off, gunna let my body rest while im cramming. I havent taken a week off training for a year or two so I think it will good for my body to rest a little.
    "Everybody wants to be a bodybuilder, but nobody wants to lift no heavy ass weight!" - Ronnie Coleman

"You've got to love what you're doing. If you love it, you can overcome any handicap or the soreness or all the aches and pains, and continue to play for a long, long time." -Gordie Howe

Hint...don't cram. When I got to grad school cramming became impossible. You had to stay on top of things continuously and study every day or fall behind. On the upside if you're on top of things you don't need to cram and you're not disrupting your sleep pattern, and you ultimately get to party more, LOL.
    ecDoesIt

"You're such a girl carbon. You're strong as hell, making wicked progress, and I post in your journal. WTF more could you want?"
    Anthony

"When fascism comes to America, it will be wrapped in the flag and carrying the cross."
    - Sinclair Lewis

My latest (and only) WBB article.

Quote Originally Posted by ectx
    Hint...don't cram.
    :withstupi
    I couldn't agree more. I learned the hard way....but I finally learned. It's so much easier to just study and keep up along the way.