The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    I keep holding most of my fat in my waist and chest areas which is very frustrating. Ahhh well see what happens when I get much lower bf.

just keep going at the cut, that'll be the last bit of fat to go. you've made some good progress so far.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Looks like you've definitely leaned out a little - IMO I would go another 5-10 lbs down, then start a smart(er) bulk for the next go-round. You can definitely note some progress, though, so congrats!
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

do you do any calf work at all? they seem to be lacking.....along with your traps...apart from that youre lookin good

I don't do much calf work but that is definitely the toughest area for me to put on mass. My traps are a definite weak spot. I'm deadlifting about 345 lbs at my weight for a few reps but I guess I should try to mix it up and add shrugs.

I can see progress...keep it up!

August 7 2006

Started May 9th at 200 lbs and now (August 7) at 181.5 lbs. I have 34 more days to go. Legs, lats and traps seriously lagging.
    Attached Images Attached Images

One more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

ya i would stick to bulking, but looking good

I went from 180lbs to 206lbs and by the looks of these pics it seems like I only gained about 5lbs of lean body mass. ahhhhhhh oh well. I guess that's the challenge we all love.

Quote Originally Posted by McIrish
    Looks like you've definitely leaned out a little - IMO I would go another 5-10 lbs down, then start a smart(er) bulk for the next go-round. You can definitely note some progress, though, so congrats!

I'll agree with this man.

you look about 13-15%. your gains are going to be much more noticable at the 10% mark. Plus there are health benefits.
    Max Lifts:------------------ Goals
    Bench Press: 215lbs------- 250lbs
    Squat:300lbs------------ 300 lbs
    Deadlift: 335------------ 350 lbs
    ----------------------
    Total: 850lbs ---------- 900 lbs

you definitely look a hundred times better than the first set of pics... i agree that you should cut down to within a percent or two of the 10% bf mark and then do a clean bulk up to about 200 lbs again...

That tan + shaving worked miracles for you. You look amazing compared to your first set of pictures. That being said, you're still slim but I would finish your cut and see what your strengths/weaknesses are so you can adjust according during your next bulk.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Banned
    i can see the progression...eventhough you have a terrible haircut..who cut ur hair ur mother?

you're closer to 10-11%, but not quite there. when the abs are a solid 4 pack, you're about 10%.

i could be wrong here, but i think the chest fat is gyno. the leaner you get, the better that's gonna look, though.

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

Looking great man, the difference between the first pics is very noticeable.

I agree with nosaj, just finish off your cut another couple of %, then do a bulk, you'll look great and your body should start piling on the muscle.

Keep on bulking, that should be your main goal.
    Last edited by Iron Bull; 08-12-2006 at 05:42 AM.

Thanks for the kind words guys. If i've learned anything through this process it's that dieting (although annoying) is much easier than putting on quality muscle. I will be going on a much more controlled bulk using Maki's "improve big three periodization program after I accomplish this.

Biggie Smalls
    It's great to see you slimming up, sorry to say though, doesn't look like there's a whole lot under there. :P I say, like a few others, you wanna be bulking. What are your squats at now? I did 50 reps of 225.

Jon 'Cra-Z' Mahoney
    ----------------------
    Current stats: | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 183.1lbs. | Left bicep: 13.9" | Right bicep: 14.2" | Right forearm: 12.8" | Left forearm: 12" | Left quad: 23" | Right quad: 23" | Hips: 40" | Waist: 32.5" | Left calf: 14.1" | Right calf: 15" | Chest: 40" | Shoulders: 48.3"
    (All as of October 4th, 2006, except weight is as of November 13th, 2006.)
    Recovering from a broken leg, just getting back to legs.

Personal bests:
    Bench: 230 lbs. (10/20/06) | Squat: 405 lbs. | Deadlift: 405 lbs. (10/23/06)

I'm gonna post some pics as of tonight. I was 206 lbs with like 155-160 lbm and then dropped weight here and there. Never got to my goal of 5%. I'm getter closer than ever now though but with probably less lbm. I wasted a lot of time gaining mass, then not working out and losing it over and over again. So this is a message to the newbies here. BE CONSISTENT and your hardwork will payoff. Don't be a shoeshine like me and piss hardwork down the drain.

My pics are of a higlhy depleted me at 170lbs. There is no doubt in my mind that I could get to 180 lbs in two days of eating carbs and water. And you know what if my lbm is like 160lbs I shouldn't be complaining. The last pudge I have is staying around my love handles and is tough to get rid of. People will tell me to bulk up for sure but when I was at 206 lbs I looked extra bad. I have a bad case of gyno I think and the more bodyfat I had the worse it got. Right now at my lower bf it's the best it's ever been.

My goal is to cut to 5% and then slowly gain weight without ever going over 12% bodyfat.

You're looking nice and lean now!

What are you doing for your cut - sorry, lazy, it's late, the dog ate that page ...

When I was at 200 lbs + all I had to do was cut out all breads, pastas, milk, rice and potatoes and avoid sugar while eating plenty of fibrous veggies to get slimmer. This time around it was much harder. I was doing my best at a psmf but I would often snap and have carbups too much. Sometimes I'd eat carbs but only eat 1200-1500 calories. We'll see what happens. If I can get to 170lbs completely ripped I'll be very happy man because my strength in upper body hasn't gone down too much and I know my big lifts will skyrocket once i'm in a surplus.

Hmmm. I meant more along the lines of "how are you training" - your diet is clearly working for you. You're leaning out.

Are you doing HIIT? That seems to hit the subcutaneous fat better than anything (provided lifting and diet are on track, of course!).

I'm smoking a lot and not doing any cardio. Pathetic. I'm doing full body workouts and keeping the weights as high as possible and minimal sets. I really think that wasting my time for liek 5 years has mentally helped me. Like I can sense that I'm going to make huge progress this upcoming year. Built do you think I should add in some HIIT? My PSMF are somewhat disciplined so maybe I do have enough glycogen to make it productive.