The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    You're still doing PSMF? Really, there's no need. You're already lean - methinks it's time to slow down the cut and toss in some strategic sprints.

Is cutting down to 9% Jordanbcool's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Built View Post
    You're still doing PSMF? Really, there's no need. You're already lean - methinks it's time to slow down the cut and toss in some strategic sprints.
    I agree.

First off. HUGE improvement. You look much bigger and better then your starting pictures.

Anyways. I would check out the UD2 diet. I'm not sure of your bodyfat but you're lean enough to start that sort of diet. I think it'll work very well for you. It does for most lean bodybuilders/athletes if done right.
    Getting back in the groove
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    Bench- Two 100lbs DB's four times
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

I'd like to finish the next month with a bang. I just don't have time to order the UD2. Well see what happens. I think I might finish with a loose psmf with some HIIT and add in a huge carbup at the end.

A couple things...

1) Not trying to change your goals. They are yours and you should be the only one concerned with achieving them. But, 5% bodyfat is extremely low and is difficult to maintain. Usually, the only people that cut down that low are competing bodybuilders. I also think that there isn't much of a difference from 7% to 5%. If anything I think most people look better at 7-8% then they would at 5%. But this is just my opinion and you can still shoot for that goal if you like.

2) I have the UD2 book on PDF. If you have an e-mail address I can give it to you. I know his books can be costly. Also keep in mind that the UD2 is more complicated then a PSMF and if you're not consistant with it you can ruin your efforts easier.

Get at me if you want that PDF. Take it easy.
    "I'll tell you a secret. Something they don't teach you in your temple. The Gods envy us. They envy us because we're mortal, because any moment might be our last. Everything is more beautiful because we're doomed. You will never be lovelier than you are now. We will never be here again." - Achilles, (Troy 2004)
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Biggie Smalls
    Those pictures were looking pretty good man. Get huge.

Jon 'Cra-Z' Mahoney
    ----------------------
    Current stats: | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 183.1lbs. | Left bicep: 13.9" | Right bicep: 14.2" | Right forearm: 12.8" | Left forearm: 12" | Left quad: 23" | Right quad: 23" | Hips: 40" | Waist: 32.5" | Left calf: 14.1" | Right calf: 15" | Chest: 40" | Shoulders: 48.3"
    (All as of October 4th, 2006, except weight is as of November 13th, 2006.)
    Recovering from a broken leg, just getting back to legs.

Personal bests:
    Bench: 230 lbs. (10/20/06) | Squat: 405 lbs. | Deadlift: 405 lbs. (10/23/06)

Good job on the cut, there's a huge improvement showing, and once you pack a little more muscle it'll look amazing. Keep it up.
    6'2 - 194lbs @ 10.4%BF (August 08, 2007)

Goal: 205lbs @ 11%BF (December 21, 2007)

These are the most recent pics relaxed. I haven't had time to get pics that are flexing. Jordan can you please give me an estimate?

Getting leaner than this is such a hassle but I really want to do it. I've found my strength hasn't decreased much at all and has improved on a lot of things. I feel a heck of a lot healthier too than I did at 206 lbs.

Thanks Jordan for the help.
    Attached Images Attached Images

~11% is my guess.

You are looking great now. Remarkable difference from previous pics. Congrats on your hard work.

See if I'm at 11% bf I'm so envious of people that are naturally lean cause I know if I don't watch myself I can blow up like Stay Puft. Thanks for the kind words btw Mr. D

Looking lean, whats your long term goal, physique wise?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Chronological Picture Thread 2005-Current
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

At Large Nutrition, Optimize YOUR body!

Right now it's to get as lean as possible and see where my strength is at. After that I want a real v-taper..lol

I've been doing some mma so I like being a lot lighter and stronger per lbs of bodyweight.

But yes I do plan to get bigger but just in a more controlled way.

Wow. Congrats on all the hard work man. Night and day from beginning pics to most recent.

Hit them shoulders and chest hard
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    S/D/B PR's 445x1, 495x5, 335x1......Looking to get stronger and do a PL Meet this summer!
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Got any poses where you are flexing rather then the underwear model look?
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

2 weeks i'll get em! I want to be friggin shredded.

cool
    5'11" 185lbs 9% BF
    Pro Status or Bust..2011

Sorry darcy. I missed this thread for some reason.

Yes. I agree with the previous estimate of 11%. Looking fantastic I must say. Much leaner and better overall.
    Stats
    ATF squat- 275 RAW
    Deadlift- 415
    190lbs 15% BF (Estimate)

Quote Originally Posted by Unholy View Post
    Got any poses where you are flexing rather then the underwear model look?
    No doubt, that looks so underwear model. Awesome progress. Did you ever stop smoking?

DJ

I'm currently trying to cut bodyfat. These were taken like a month ago and I'm slowly starting to intensify eating habits. These are taken at 190 lbs I believe. I tried hard to gain muscle in my lats. I should have tried harder to gain some traps but oh well. My lat size probably isn't noticible from my previous pics at 190lbs (if you care to check) but my strength with chins has skyrocketed to at least 4x better than what it used to be. Overall I think this time at 190 lbs I'm carying more lbm as opposed to last year at 190 lbs.

One more.
    Attached Images Attached Images

Biggie Smalls
    You're looking pretty solid. Around the same frame as mine. You look like you're probably fairly tall huh? 6'?

Jon 'Cra-Z' Mahoney
    ----------------------
    Current stats: | Height: 5'10" | Weight: 183.1lbs. | Left bicep: 13.9" | Right bicep: 14.2" | Right forearm: 12.8" | Left forearm: 12" | Left quad: 23" | Right quad: 23" | Hips: 40" | Waist: 32.5" | Left calf: 14.1" | Right calf: 15" | Chest: 40" | Shoulders: 48.3"
    (All as of October 4th, 2006, except weight is as of November 13th, 2006.)
    Recovering from a broken leg, just getting back to legs.

Personal bests:
    Bench: 230 lbs. (10/20/06) | Squat: 405 lbs. | Deadlift: 405 lbs. (10/23/06)

Nice progress! I hope to be around 10% bf someday.

Learning as I progress
    What did you do in terms of diet and training?

Looking better. Congartz on the progress.
    Complication breeds desperation.