The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Kaz is a beast

Mint

Kaz is a beast

"To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

holy traps, i enjoyed that!
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Banned
    ronnie could seriously compete in strongman competitions, and i bet with minimal training he would be a major contender

Nice video. Great clips of Kaz.
    Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    ronnie could seriously compete in strongman competitions, and i bet with minimal training he would be a major contender
    I'm sure he could compete, but being a major contender would be another thing entirely...

These conversations about Ronnie taking up powerlifting, strongman, and even OL come up frequently - I think most people agree that Ronnie is damn strong, but he's doing what he was meant to do and there's no way he would jeopardize his health or career by dipping his feet into strongman.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    Nice video. Great clips of Kaz.
    I'm sure he could compete, but being a major contender would be another thing entirely...

These conversations about Ronnie taking up powerlifting, strongman, and even OL come up frequently - I think most people agree that Ronnie is damn strong, but he's doing what he was meant to do and there's no way he would jeopardize his health or career by dipping his feet into strongman.
    in what area of strength is ronnie lacking? he can rep 800lb deadlift, weve all seen the picture of him dumbbell benching 225lbs each side, the only training part he would need (as im not sure if he does any olys now) would be to make his body one functional unit instead of having individually strong muscles. maybe his current routine allows him to do that, and being a former powerlifter doesnt hurt either

that was an amazing clip! kaz is a beast i wouldnt wrestle him, and paul anderson is that a STRICT 380 military press? dear GOD!
    2000 or bust

in what area of strength is ronnie lacking? he can rep 800lb deadlift, weve all seen the picture of him dumbbell benching 225lbs each side, the only training part he would need (as im not sure if he does any olys now) would be to make his body one functional unit instead of having individually strong muscles. maybe his current routine allows him to do that, and being a former powerlifter doesnt hurt either
    If you really believe that he could be any good at OL, you're dreaming.

As far as strongman - agility and speed. I don't know what his grip or overhead strength is like, but you can't go far in strongman without them. I would imagine his arm and chest size would be a hindrance to some events like the stones.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook

Banned
    i never said olympic lifting, maybe with several years practice, i said strongman

i said im not sure what oly lifts he is doing now which would help him in full body functioning

and i would say even speed isnt NECESSARY for strongmen, as a majority of the lifts dont require it, just to finish the event will put you near first place, (overhead lift, deadlift, squat, any non moving event)

however he may have some trouble with stones (atlas) or carrying a large item up and down a 50m track (whatever they use) due to his size, but thats not for sure.

id like to see him try it, though he never will

The guy pulled 800lbs , his grip is superb. I dont know if that was with or without straps though.

A guy from the USA, Kevin Knee, competed strongman at the age of 20 in the 2005 WSM qualifiers. He squatted 705lbs, got 50 seconds on the hercules hold, got 3 fingers I thing and I fell asleep before he did the stones.

Coleman could do all of those events, im not sure he would win aginst some of those guys but he would be a contender. The guy who won the 2005 WSM in china (or 06??) that marius person wasnt much stronger then coleman in the gym and he was leg pressing like just over 1000lbs i think... hasnt coleman done over 2000lbs leg press???

he used straps on that 800lb deadlift, suit, wraps and everything.

with training he could be a pretty good PLer, but i dont know about strongman.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

and i would say even speed isnt NECESSARY for strongmen, as a majority of the lifts dont require it, just to finish the event will put you near first place, (overhead lift, deadlift, squat, any non moving event)
    Farmers walk, yoke, carry & drag, fingal fingers, loading events, power stairs, and atlas stones are all timed and most of the finalists finish within the time alloted. They haven't done throwing events for a while, but they have in the past and they definately require speed/power.

id like to see him try it, though he never will
    Yes, it really is a moot discussion.

Coleman's conditioning is crap compared to all those other guys. If you get a chance, read some of the Europeans training logs. Their warm ups make Coleman's (hell even USA's strongmen) workouts look like middle school recess.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Coleman is also too short for strongman... what is he.. 5'10"? Most of the top strongman competitors at least 6'2".

Like sensei said.... strongman competitors are more agile than Ronnie. I'm sure it wouldn't take too long for Ronnie to develop the necessary traits to become competitive.

Impressive ****e there.

On that same page i found this video of a guy daedlifting 515lbs , and he dont look rele that big

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tsl7KEEp98s

But i spose his tshirt is rather baggy.
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 05-11-2006 at 02:07 PM.
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Mint
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    If you really believe that he could be any good at OL, you're dreaming.
    Hey man, you never know. Look at Shane Hammond. That guy came real late into the game and yet he is the greatest SHW in modern American weightlifting history.

Though on second thought you're probably right. Ronnie is pretty old to be competive in the sport... I guess there's always masters!
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

Awesome video! That got me unbelievably pumped. Too bad deads arent until tomorrow. I know what ill be watching before then. :evillaugh

Could Ronnie do well in strongman?

First off, why would he do it? He's making a ton more doing bodybuilding than strongman.

If he really did try though, he'd be a mediocre competitor at best. His overhead strength is not too bad but to compare him against say Savickas, Savickas dominates him entirely in that. Ronnie's done most of his presses seated from where I've seen him, so he'd not only have to learn how to do a lot of it standing but also cleans, push presses, and the like. His grip will be a big limiting factor too. Axles and farmer's walking he'd need to build up, and it would be a while before he'd be able to hang even with the ams, much less the pros. When you have top amateurs doing 400+ per hand in training, it's gonna be tough to compare. His core strength may need work too, I've never seen him do good mornings or anything like that and he'll definitely need it in such events as Atlas stones.

Just some of the things I see as a problem for him. In all actuality, he's making a ton of money doing bodybuilding so why would he change? Especially when while he may be strong to normal standards, in strongman he'd be a mediocre contender.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Dinosaur
    Could Ronnie do well in strongman?

First off, why would he do it? He's making a ton more doing bodybuilding than strongman.

If he really did try though, he'd be a mediocre competitor at best. His overhead strength is not too bad but to compare him against say Savickas, Savickas dominates him entirely in that. Ronnie's done most of his presses seated from where I've seen him, so he'd not only have to learn how to do a lot of it standing but also cleans, push presses, and the like. His grip will be a big limiting factor too. Axles and farmer's walking he'd need to build up, and it would be a while before he'd be able to hang even with the ams, much less the pros. When you have top amateurs doing 400+ per hand in training, it's gonna be tough to compare. His core strength may need work too, I've never seen him do good mornings or anything like that and he'll definitely need it in such events as Atlas stones.

Just some of the things I see as a problem for him. In all actuality, he's making a ton of money doing bodybuilding so why would he change? Especially when while he may be strong to normal standards, in strongman he'd be a mediocre contender.
    youve never seen this man lift in your life, and have no idea what he can do, so speaking of moot points, what youve seen him lift is right up there.

based on sheer size, i guarantee if its a muscle on his body, hes worked it. and based on every strength picture and video ive ever seen (not every lift but quite a few) he is VERY impressive. he would need training of course, but it is doable.

i almost want to email him and ask him