The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

all i got is a barbell + weights

no bench no nothing. home for a few days and this is what i got to work with

barbell + 250 lbs of weights

what do i work out?

are upright rows good? hear they are bad on your cuffs.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

military press, deadlift, clean, front quat, overhead squat, hacksquat, one legged squat, floor bench, highpull, snatch, jerk, GoodMorning, bent over row, curls, triceps extension, skull crusher, shrug, ....

clean and press (and variations), deadlift (and variations), barbell row, front raise, standing tricep extensions, clean and squat (and variations), zercher squat, shrugs (and variations), curls (and variations), "t-bar" rows, landmines, clean and good mornings, bent/side press, wrist work, steinborn lift, jefferson lift, etc, etc, etc, ... Use your imagination.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Wannabebig Member
    For legs-hack squats, lunges
    For chest-military press, dips(if you find something to do dips off with), weighted pushups (put your weights in a backpacks and strap it to your back)...i recommend doing them off boxes or books for proper Range of motion), Handstand pushups against a wall
    various Bicep curls, Stiff-leg deadlifts, Bent over rows, Chinups (find something)
    I was in same position you are in 2 years ago...its enough equipment to make you grow if you are creative
    Try ONE HAND deadlifts...you'll hold the bar to the side of you and grasp the entire barbell with ONE HAND and lift it up as you would in a dumbbell deadlift...lots of fun stabilizing the bar

Banned
    A barbell and weights is all you need. Check out www.exrx.net for a whole bunch of exercises.

Quote Originally Posted by Banjalien
    For chest-military press
    Ummmm thats a shoulder exercise...