Thread: Peanut Butter layer cake with chocolate frosting

Peanut Butter layer cake with chocolate frosting

this sounds delicious

Peanut butter and chocolate make a delightful match! But the delectable duo can be sweetened up even more with this scrumptious recipe.

Ingredients

Cake:

1-1/2 cups (375 mL) cake and pastry flour

2 tsp (10mL) baking powder

1/2 tsp (2mL) salt

1/2 cup (125 mL) smooth peanut butter

1/2 cup (125 mL) salted butter, softened

1 cup (250 mL) granulated sugar

2 Large eggs

1 tsp (5 mL) vanilla

2/3 cup (150 mL) milk

Frosting:

2 oz (60 g) semisweet or bittersweet chocolate

1/2 cup (125 mL) salted butter, softened

1/2 tsp (2 mL) vanilla

2 cup (500 mL) icing sugar

4 tsp (20 mL) smooth peanut butter

Preparation

Preheat oven to 350F (180C). Butter two 8-inch (1.2L) round cake pans.

Cake:
    In bowl, sift together flour, baking powder and salt.

In another large bowl and using an electric mixer, beat together peanut butter, butter and sugar on medium speed for 4 minutes or until creamy and pale in colour. Beat in eggs, one at a time. Beat in vanilla. On low speed, alternately beat in flour mixture and milk, making three additions of dry and two of wet. Divide evenly between prepared pans, spreading batter evenly in each pan. Bake on middle rack of oven for 25 minutes or until centre springs back when lightly touched with finger and cake tester inserted 1-inch (2.5 cm) from centre comes out clean. Cool in pans on rack for 10 minutes. Turn out onto wire rack to cool completely before icing.

Frosting:
    In microwave-safe bowl, heat chocolate in microwave on medium (50 per cent0 power for 2-1/2 minutes or until melted; stir until smooth. Set aside to cool. In bowl and using electric mixer, beat butter with vanilla until creamy. One-half cup at a time, beat in icing, beat in cooled chocolate. Using clean beaters, beat peanut butter into smaller amount of icing.

Assembly:
    Place one cake layer on cake platter. Spread peanut butter icing over the top. Centre remaining cake layer on top of bottom layer. Spread top and sides evenly with chocolate frosting.

This cake is best served the day it is made.

More Information

Tip: For a decorative touch and added peanut flavour, finely chop 1 cup (250 mL) unsalted blanched peanuts. Press onto side of cake immediately after icing.

Nutritional information

Approximate nutritional information per serving:
    475 cal; protein 6.6 g; fat 25 g (of which 8.7 g is monounsaturated)/ carbohydrates 56 g.

Calories : 475
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Why do you do this? This makes me want cake so bad. Which is bad because I'm on a slow cut. I'm going to go eat a can of tuna right now to shut my stomach up and pretend I didn't read this.
    I'd cheat and eat some right now, but I already did that at Buffalo Wild wings on Tuesday.
    Last edited by Mercuryblade; 05-11-2006 at 05:41 PM.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

sorry, i couldn't resist
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Dear god this sounds good.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

I'm glad I'm bulking right now.

Hey Built, you are the one that posted that one cake recipe a while ago, that literally i could have killed for. aka the "Crack Cocaine Cake"

http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=73717
    Last edited by Optimum08; 05-11-2006 at 07:31 PM.

"Squats make the ghetto booty"-Me
    "No matter how much you lift, just remember that on the other side of the world, a little chinese girl is warming up with your max"-bIgHwN86
    "Reach for some self discipline."-Holto

i'll bake this for mommy's day

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I think I jizzed in my pants and I didnt even need a picture of it