The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: Cheat meals!

Hybrid View

Cheat meals!

Okay, I read alot that you should have a cheat meal once a week, well I guess I had one now, and I hate that I did it, and it was a big cheat meal...I had 4 pizzas from pizza hut and 4 cina sticks and it made me go: 1065.5 calories over what I usually have each day. Is that okay for a cheat meal? Too much or what? Should I take less calories tommarow and day after and mayb run 2 HIITs tommarow? I hate the fact that I did this, I've been doing so good from 178 to 161 in about a month and I feel like I just did alot of harm to myself, how bad did I harm myself? I'm kinda freaking!
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

1065 over your maintenance calories or cut calories? (it sounds as if you are cutting)
    If its just 1065 over your cut calories, that should (generally speaking) only put you about 500 over your maintenance calories. There is nothing to worry about. One day isn't going to throw your entire body into chaos.

Yeah thats my cutting, I regret doing it and now I'm so full too. I'm glad it isn't too bad then. So do you think I should do double HIITs tommarow? Like twice tommarow, and cut another 500 cals from tommarow?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Another 500 on top of what you are already cutting? No way.

Just go back to what you normally do tomorrow. You don't have to do double anything, or starve yourself to nonexistence. You had a cheat day, its not the end of your body. Honestly, going over by 500 (generally speaking) isn't even much of a cheat day.

You enjoyed yourself today, now just enjoy getting back into routine tomorrow.

lol I'm just so scared of stepping on the scale and seeing it go over 161 O_O ...okay I'll go back into my routine, and when I have a cheat meal/day...I have to make it less than that cuz this made me feel like crap...thanks for the help! And if anyone else wants to make any sugestions as well please do so, thanks!
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by crazyskater52
    I have to make it less than that cuz this made me feel like crap
    I'm convinced thats half of the reason for cheat meals. You feel so gross after it, you'll never do it again!

Don't beat yourself up. If you messed up, forget it and move on. Just tighten it up on the next one.

DJ

Okay, I read alot that you should have a cheat meal once a week, well I guess I had one now, and I hate that I did it, and it was a big cheat meal...I had 4 pizzas from pizza hut and 4 cina sticks and it made me go: 1065.5 calories over what I usually have each day. Is that okay for a cheat meal? Too much or what? Should I take less calories tommarow and day after and mayb run 2 HIITs tommarow? I hate the fact that I did this, I've been doing so good from 178 to 161 in about a month and I feel like I just did alot of harm to myself, how bad did I harm myself? I'm kinda freaking!

Haha, Im not laughing at you I'm laughing cause my gf and I order domino's two nights ago. Calculated the cals on their website, i ate 2400 cals total. Put me way over my cals for the day and the next day. Remember what you shootin for is 3500 net calories per week for ~1lb weight loss. Yeah you way over shot you cals for one day, just add some more activity for the rest of the week. Also cut the cals down a little bit for the next few days.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Put me way over my cals for the day and the next day.
    LMAO

It was good right? Wish it didn't have so many cals :-( ...yeah gonna run a few more hiits this week and cut mayb 200-300 cals a day for a week, i think lol
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

LMAO

It was good right? Wish it didn't have so many cals :-( ...yeah gonna run a few more hiits this week and cut mayb 200-300 cals a day for a week, i think lol
    Well it was some what cold, got it free though. i think it was the first time i've ever got my pizza for free. It was still really good.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Combat Infantryman
    Two sundays ago my cheat meal was dinner at Applebee's...had 2 servings of mozzarella sticks for an appetizer, a burger/fries for entree and a sizzling apple pie for dessert along with 3 Mt. Dews, came out to $30 just for me...this past sunday it was a small meat lovers Papa John's with a side of chicken strips and a 2 liter of coke

If you're gonna cheat, cheat all the way I say!
    U.S. Army Infantry
    Eastern Michigan University Eagle

lol holy crap man...how much over did u go? Doesnt that mess up like a weeks worth? Thats like...I'd kill myself I did that lol, wow, musta been good mmmm
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"