Thread: Having rapid weight loss (help)

Hybrid View

Having rapid weight loss (help)

As some of yall know I recently tore a muscle in my back so Im unable to lift for the next month or so. I was worried that because i was eating 6,000 calories a day mateniance i would put on alot of fat without being able to work out; in the end i decided a diet change similar to a cutting plan would be best. Its been close to two weeks and ive dropped around 7 pounds, im really worried that some of it is muscle and not just fat. What im most afraid of is being at 16 percent bodyfat now and then droppin 20 pounds and still being 16 percent bodyfat; what if all my weightloss is being muscle from not being able to workout and not fueling my body.

I also quit taking creatine and my other supplements figuring its pointless without squatting in my workout. Am I overthinking this or is it possible im losing more muscle then bodyfat

Hmmm, if you stopped taking creatine, at least *some* of the short-term weight-loss would be do to less water retention, right?
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Quote Originally Posted by Jinkies
    I also quit taking creatine and my other supplements figuring its pointless without squatting in my workout. Am I overthinking this or is it possible im losing more muscle then bodyfat
    So are you not doing any lifting at all, or are you just not doing squats?
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

I dont think hes just talking about no squats, its not like you 'absolutely' need them to maintain or for that matter gain muscle.

it's entirely possible you'll be losing more muscle then fat in that month and two weeks or w/e you take off, but, in two weeks you're not going to lose that much of either, and it's pretty much a mental thing.

I tihnk I posted in you other thread, but i'm 15 also, tore a muscle in back/ribcage - except mines a bit more severe, have been out for months now, i was pretty much on my way, but now I can't lift weights until this finishes healing, i've learned alot from about 6 doctor's i've been too because they weren't sure what it was - and still arent for that matter, so i have some experience on the topic, if you have any other questions can message me for aim s/n or somethin

good luck on it healing though, hope you have better luck than I.