The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 2 of 22 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Training

Dayam, expensive ****, i'll buy the lady though.

oooh hell yeah baby. I'll take her.

You look old as **** for a 18 year old man. And not only big, but you look strong too. Great job man, keep it up and good luck!

Gym PRs: 365/240/440=1045

People need to quit ****ing asking what they need to do, exercise wise, until they reinforce their technique - Dave Tate

The never-ending pursuit of becoming Strong(er) - My Westside journal

Yeah I went straight to the pics, cause it's getting late,and my eyes are tired... so I appologize for not being able to talk about your plan..
    But your pics are awesome buddy. You have a great physique to work with, especially being your age. Keep it up.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

Eh, you look like a little pussy whip mama's boy... JUST KIDDING dude. You look strong man.
    If I had had your mindset at your age who knows where I would be now. Keep lifting hard bro.

I have no doubt in my mind that you won't modify this workout in some way, shape, or form so let the re-adjusting begin On the other hand I have complete faith that whatever you do, you will make it work and really hit hte next level you beast.
    Don't asker for a light load, but a strong back.

JOURNAL

Best Meet Lifts @ 220 Raw:
    Squat - 475
    Bench - 355
    Dead - 500
    Total: 1330

Heavybomber - haha yeeeeeeah booooooy. Haha thanks man, I only look big cause im wee tall.

Keith - Thanks man!

World - Thanks man, its all about the strength though

DGabe - Yah, i have trouble sticking to a set routine, but my methods have been working for me thus far.

Quote Originally Posted by drew
    It's like $500 with shipping, but I want one bad: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=257&pid=1006
    Didn't Tate only JUST review this? You fanboy

I'm a total fanboy, but I still want one!

Kev, Burlington meet has been cancelled. Not sure what happend, but Brent is no longer the VT chair. He musta done something to piss Scott off. Anyway, they're planning to do a VT meet this summer still, just not scheduled yet. Sucks.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Good luck kev!! im sure youll be putting some super effort in this summer! as will I
    My Journal

Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

Drew - Laaaaame, what about the Walingford meet? Any interest?

Goodwinner - Hell yah

I'm a total fanboy, but I still want one!
    These are out of stock right now, but get one of these before you get the prowler - it will only set you back about 1/5 the $$ (I realize it's not the same, but unless you are going to be loading 100s of lbs on it, it will probably do the job): http://www.power-systems.com/nav/clo...&Power/Sled%99
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Kev, it hasn't been posted, but I'm totally down for it.

Sensei, I could just weld some handles onto my sled and get the same effect.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Senior Member Canadian Crippler's Avatar
    Does that fit bitty come with it?
    "I added some db curls with the pink weights for a bit of a burn." - Rookiebldr

"im assuming the holy (big) 3 are: curls, bench, legs?" - Saggas

"had a huge ass burn on my triceps while I was doing those kickbacks, so they'll likely be staying with my exercise program." - Zearoth

"most of my burned calories coming from something called Basal. Wtf does a leaf have to do with any of it?" - Votorx

"We have a lot of people like that on our campus, all hippies and things, that go around preaching against corporations, jocks, preps, accountants, and anyone else that feels the need to shower more than occasionally." - Shankerr

"Damn man why are some women just so demonic and evil.. its like you wanna get a stake and mallet and an erection at the same time." - WBBIRL

Banned
    40 posts in the journal and not one workout

hope the injury heals up. maybe try some bw work this week and hit it hard next?

Oh im feelin fine f=ma (knock on wood). Its just on a deload week man Just taking a break before I jump in to heavy shirt and lockout work. Workouts will be flowing in here come next monday when I hope to do some shirt work, see if I can get the hang of it. Funny you should say do BW stuff today because I did so some for fun since I was bored and hate not workout out.

Random Workout:

*Tons of Rotator Stuff*

Pullups (Full Extentions Nice and Slow) -

Pushups -

Bodyweight Squats -
    x Lots

*Some other light shoulder stuff with dumbells*

*Stretching*

Did a bunch of yardwork today too since its nice out. I feel pretty good my shoulders feelin better but still feels a little funny and my back is little tight/uncomfortable when I squat down deep. Deload weeks are boringgggg but i'm sure it'll be worth it, cant wait to get up to Newtown since theres NO ****ING FOOD HERE I've barely eaten anything the past few days and my mom refuses to go grocery shopping. My whey should be here sometime next week and i'm gonna order an Inzer Hardcore squat suit this weekend but am more excited to use it for sumo deads. Gonna go rip some 2x8's to slim em down a bit and make a 3-board.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 05-17-2006 at 01:21 PM.

I've been thinking lately... my right side always seems to be the side that gets the injuries, pulls, strains, aches, etc... I've also always deadlifted left hand over rigth hand under. I definitelly feel more of a flex in my right pec and right shoulder while having my right hand under and i'm just wondering if that just might be a reason as to why my right side seems to be more suseptable to injury. Anyone have any opinions on that?

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke
    I've been thinking lately... my right side always seems to be the side that gets the injuries, pulls, strains, aches, etc... I've also always deadlifted left hand over rigth hand under. I definitelly feel more of a flex in my right pec and right shoulder while having my right hand under and i'm just wondering if that just might be a reason as to why my right side seems to be more suseptable to injury. Anyone have any opinions on that?
    Odd.. My right side is my stronger side. Always feels like it takes more brunt, flexes more, has more mass, get's more strain per work out.

ANd i always get injured on the opposite.

Chalk it up to bad luck?

It's common sense that the body likes some level of symetry when lifting. I would put some consideration into that. Might be your answer.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 05-17-2006 at 02:52 PM.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3

Sensei, I could just weld some handles onto my sled and get the same effect.
    Cripes! If you can weld, I don't know why you'd buy half the products they sell for inflated $$ at elite... Don't get me wrong, I've never regretted a cent that I've spent there, but you definately pay a premium for their stuff...
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

Eszekial - Oh no no, my right side is definitelly sllightly bigger, slightly stronger and pumps quicker than my left, i just feel like that might have something to do with it somehow, maybe im just ******ed though.

Banned
    maybe its a masturbation side effect haha

Thats just it, I use me left hand to masturbate (gotta use the right one to work the mouse!) but maybe thats just made my left side superhuman or something?

Too much info there bro, lol...funny how you mainly get injuries on your right side.

Hey he brought it up. Its probably all in my head but meh, maybe one day I'll start deadlifting for a while with left under right under, see how it goes.

kev, i tryed some Pullthroughs? ive been seeing you powerlifting cats doing them and i wondered wtf is that? it kicks the lower backs ass pretty nice!
    2000 or bust