The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Training for Lacrosse

I figured that I'd start one of these journal to help keep me on track and get advice from others. Here's an introduction... I should have started lifting years ago but never really got into it. I finally got a wake-up call when I was only recruited by two D1 schools for lacrosse, and I didn't have the grades to get into those schools. So now I'm going D3 and have finally committed myself to getting bigger and stronger. I started Chris Mason's mass gaining program 1.5 weeks ago @ 6'tall 150 lbs. So far I've gained 5.5 lbs in about 10 days... but I think alot of that is water weight (because of the creatine?) I've been eating alot at least 3500 calories a day usually more than 4000.

So far my maxes for my workouts are

Stiff-leg deadlift - ? haven't payed attention to what I'm putting up on there for this one... i don't really like sldl's,
    Squat- 205 8x with thighs parallel
    Calf raises - 90lbs 20x, 20x on a sled

military press - 95 lbs 4 x
    Bench - 125 8 x I think it was sort of assisted, the bar was self spotting and had cords attatched to it so if i let go the bar stopped.
    chin ups - less than body weight

deadlift - 205 3x I LOVE deadlifts, lol i would do deadlifts every day if it was possible.
    leg press - 200 something 10x

My goal is to reach at least 180-185 pounds bodyweight by March 2007. A question about squats, is it okay if I'm kind of duckfooted when I squat, I try to keep them straight but they always go out.
    Last edited by stevec087; 07-26-2006 at 02:48 PM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!