Page 1 of 22 12311 ... LastLast

Thread: Summer Training

Hybrid View

Summer Training

Well my "wandering" is done for now since i'll be in a set place with a set gym for the entire summer. Gonna focus on getting as strong as I can for some competitions comming up.

My deload week has just started so i'm just chilling for all of next week till I head up to Newtown, CT and start my summer training at the Gym of Newtown. Its a sweet gym and has everything I need so im pretty pumped to start training. I recently got a Rage X bench shirt and am gonna start training in it once I get my routine flowing so hopefully i'll be able to put up some good numbers in it. I'd like to buy some briefs too and/or a squat or deadlift suit, have my eyes on a few pieces. Also have a 10 lb bag of whey on the way and plan to keep my diet down pat the whole summer which will hopefully yield some good results.

My new routine isnt THAT much different from my current one but I do plan to try and have it a little more structured. Not quite positive what the days will be yet but I plan to have a 4 day split, possibly 5 if I do grip work during the week. The 4 days will consist of...

- Heavy Lower Day
    - Heavy Upper Day
    - Light Lower Day
    - Light Upper Day
    - Grip Day

Heavy Lower Day: Will mainly consist of 3 lifts; Squats, Goodmornings, Deadlifts. The way I will rotate each is each heavy lower day I will do one of the lifts heavy first and then do the other 2 lifts after with medium weights. For example say I do heavy squats first, then i'd do medium goodmornings and medium deadlifts after, then next week start with heavy goodmornings followed by medium deadlifts and then medium squats, then heavy deadlifts, medium squats, medium goodmornings, etc.. etc.. you get the point. Every 2-3 weeks I will also be taking a week off from deadlifting since due to past injuries my lower back needs lots of rest. I'll also be doing 2-3 accessory exercises on Heavy Lower Day as well.

Heavy Upper Day: Will always start off with some variation of heavy bench pressing. I'll most likelly cycle through heavy RAW full presses, heavy close grips, heavy 2-boards, heavy 3-boards, heavy dumbells, and heavy full press shirt work. Might start her off with heavy dips every now and then too since I love doin em. After the heavy benching I'll move on to another pressing movement like incline dumbells, dumbell floor presses, or dips. I also plan to incorporate plenty of upper back work in to this workout like heavy - max effort pullups, rows (barbell or dumbell), and other back exerices along with plenty of tricep work and a wee bit of bicep work.

Light Lower day: Is just what it says, a light lower body workout. I plan to focus on box squats, pullthroughs, and speed pulls in this workout with other light lower body accessory work. Will either do some plymometrics on this day or at some point during the weekend or another off day.

Light Lower Day: Same concept as above only with upper body. Speed bench, dumbell bench, light back work, BW pullups, BW dips, and other light upper body accessory movements.

Grip Day: Grip Day will involve lots of CoC Gripper work along with levering, card tearing, pinch work and other such things.

I also plan to do a fair ammount of swimming this summer since i'm living at a house with a really nice inground pool and lots of land. With all the land im hoping to do something in an exercise sense, not too sure yet though, but definitelly plyometrics and sprints will be included this summer.

I'm definitelly going to at least 1 powerlifting meet at the end of the summer with Drew if not 1 or 2 more depending on my schedule so i'm hoping to get some good strength going this summer so I do well in the competitions since most are full meets, others push pull. My squat stance has changed so my max has gone down a bit but its slowly climbing back up. My current maxes are as follows...

Squat: 415
    Bench: 320
    Deadlift: 445

The squat was done with a wide stance and in a monolift. The monolift is definitelly nifty but I really hated the wide stance, was strong but just wasnt comfortable and I could feel an injury comming on if I kept squatting like that. My new stance is much closer, shoulder stance but might move it out an inch or two more, pushin around 375/385 with my new stance but plan to push it up especially if I can purchase some breifs and a suit. My bench has been moving verrrrry slowly but If i can learn this shirt I expect it to really shoot up. I've finally found my niche in deadlifting which happens to be sumo stance so i'm expecting these numbers to move as well. I usually hate setting expectations since not meeting them blows but fully equipped in a suit, briefs, wraps, and a shirt I would like to hit at least these numbers by the end of the summer, early fall...

Squat: 440+
    Bench: 365+
    Deadlift: 475+

If I can get my lifts up to at least those numbers i'll be extremelly happy, if I can get more then hell yah I get more. Anyway I know that was a long read but thats basically my routine setup and expectations for this summer. I also took my measurements for fun just to see if I improve any size wise in my quest for more strength. I'll also post a few pics that were taken a couple months ago so I can see if there is any improvement as well. I no longer have a camera but hopefully my girlfriends brother will be able to tape any big lifts I go for this summer. Here are my stats and current pics...

Kevin Majoros
    18 years old
    5'3.5"
    162 lbs

Measurements:
    Shoulders - 48.5"
    Chest - 40.25"
    Waist - 31"
    Biceps/Triceps - 15.5
    Forearms - 13"
    Ass - 41"
    Quadriceps - 24.25"
    Calves - 16"

Pictures 5/14/06:

I know that was a reallllll long read so to those who actually read it I salute you to those who didn't, **** you guys! Anyway i'm really pumped to start training and hope everything goes well and my shoulder heals up asap. Hope everyone else also does some great training this summer.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 05-14-2006 at 07:58 PM.

sounds sweet my nig! looking huge in the pics, and somewhat confused? hahah.
    2000 or bust

I didn't read it all, but you look like a cute litte monkey. Greasy, and strange, but still cute.

So, that's enough gay out of me. Looks like a solid plan. We's gon' tear shizz up agin this summuhtyme BOYEEEE!

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

Looks like a very very solid rotation split, kind of like the one I'm doing looking forward to seeing you break some PRs again Kevy.

Do that voodoo that he do
    Looks like a good time, man. Have a good summer and enjoy the land. Get outside and mess around. Build some cheap-ass strongman **** and have some fun.
    Be a man. Be awesome at it. Be proud of it. Beyond the Barbell

"Borris is correct. That sounds logical if you ask me."
    -galileo

I read the whole thing, lol...plan looks ace as does them pics.

Quote Originally Posted by Borris
    Looks like a good time, man. Have a good summer and enjoy the land. Get outside and mess around. Build some cheap-ass strongman **** and have some fun.
    yea dude, make a sled and do some sled pulling too.

You look like you're ready to get shot into space. Space Monkey!

Sorry. Fight Club reference.

Traps are Hyuuge.

Oh yeah, those equipped numbers are conservative bro. Especially on bench/squat. With your raw numbers, I'd say 500 squat, 405 bench are realistic goals.
    5'9" 195 lbs
    DL 600x1
    SQ 490x1 (raw)
    BP 430x1 (shirted), 320x1 (raw)
    SN 209x1 C+J 250x1

My Training Journal
    www.illinipowerlifting.org

"Most people don't want to learn new things. They only want to hear about things that validate crap they're already doing." - Mike Boyle

Looking solid in those photos Kevin. It's hard to believe you're only 18. Meant in a good way of course.
    Best way to cheat on deadlifts...

Stand there for a few minutes, then pace back and forth a lot, huff and puff, wait until everybody's looking. Approach the bar. Back off. Approach it again. Back off. Get some water. Chalk up. Approach the bar again. Then spray some more chalk around. Wait until people start losing interest. When nobody's looking, pick it a little off the floor, and slam it down. Jump up and yell "LIGHT WEIGHT BABY". Then give high fives all around. - Belial

Stump - haha yah my girlfriend always tells me i look confused in pictures.

Drew - awwww yah son awwww yaaaaaah

Risk - Thanks man

Borris - haha hell yah thanks man

Coke - Thanks Coke!

Guido - Yah? I just didnt wanna set huge goals and then dissapoint myself, im gonna go for it though man thanks.

TIM - I get it all the time man, thanks

good luck with everything kevin, looking awesome
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

new split looks good, gl with the summer training and the new gear
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Bulk about 20 more lbs, grow a beard, and when the film the Hobbit, you can be one of the burly dwarves.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

man if you are pressing 320 right now, you can easily set 405 shirted as a target for the end of the summer. most people gain at least 80lbs or so with a shirt, and with you doing lockout work and board presses, i bet you can squeeze at least 100 out of one. good luck man.
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Getfit - Thanks, you too

Sidior - Thanks man!

Nash - My ticket to stardom! **** powerlifting!

biggimp - Your gettin me all giddy man haha, thanks. I'm definitelly gonna shoot for as heavy as I can go, just gotta learn the shirt and the groove.

looks like you've got a solid plan for the summer.. good luck with everything
    Chicken, Cows, Eggs, and Milk: Eating Big, Lifting Heavy
    My Fitday

Height: 5'8"
    5/07 Weight: 168 lbs, 9% BF using calipers
    Goal: Start lifting again in January and hopefully get rid of this tendinitis.
    "Nothing in this world that's worth having comes easy"

hell yeah Kev, those numbers are goign to fly up. I hear that Special K is good to throw back before a powerlifting meet.
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Banned
    Best of luck big guy. I'm pullin for ya.

offhegoes - Thanks man, knowing me i'll probably alter the **** out of it though.

McIrish - Oh I make sure to get in some special k my friend

Gutz - haha thanks man.

So far no luck on finding a job, my next purchase is gonna be a dead suit since alot of the meets I go to are Push/Pull. Hopefully i'll be able to find some funds to get a squat suit sometime durign the summer as well.

Looks like you have a solid plan bro. You're gonna tear it up this summer.. no doubt.

HeavyBomber - yah I definitelly wanna do some sleg dragging for recovery work.

pinky - word

Quote Originally Posted by KevinStarke
    HeavyBomber - yah I definitelly wanna do some sleg dragging for recovery work.

pinky - word
    Dude, if I suck up and buy a prowler, I'll give you my sled.

Split is good Kev - I like the rotation every week for the heavy lower workout. Awesome back shot, nice lat spread. I envy you for having a pool dude! I'll have to drive some 1.5 hours to get to the ocean, but plan is to do so every week, I freaking love swimming. Good luck bro.
    Training Journal
    3/27/06 - 150lb, 17.8% BF
    8/23/06 - 153lb, N/A BF

Lifts and PRs
    Dead 215x4 (4/24/06), 255x1 (5/22/06), 295x1 (8/23/06), 315x1 (11/24/06)
    Squat 185x4 (4/19/06), 235x3 (5/31/06), 275x1 (8/21/06), 315x1 (10/25/06)
    Bench 135x5 (4/24/06), 160x3 (5/22/06), 145x3 (8/23/06)

"Deadlift is like my girlfriend. She pisses me off at times, but i still love her." - DNL

BSG Season 3 - 10/6/06

Sounds good to me man, wtf is a prowler? Want my blast? haha

It's like $500 with shipping, but I want one bad: http://www.flexcart.com/members/elit...d=257&pid=1006

I already got a Blast, thanks. I actually cut the back on it and I can put it on pretty easily now. Don't know if I'll ever use it though.