Thread: best & worst times of the day to do weights?

Wannabebig Member

best & worst times of the day to do weights?

what are the best and worst times in the day to do your weight training.. i kinda wana get it done early in the day.. is after your 2nd meal too early?

I do it after meal #1...some do it after meal #5..don't worry about it.

Most people like having some food in them befor they lift. After your second meal should be fine. Just lift whenever you can or whenever you feel most energetic
    Best Meet @ Lifts@181:...............Best gym lifts
    Squat...- 403..........................Squat....- 395 w/belt
    Bench...- 303..........................Bench....- 300....Paused in meet - 281
    Deadlift.- 503.....Unofficial 513...Deadlift..- 490
    Total....- 1,203...IPF Class II......All done raw, Touch'n go bench

"Only those who dare to fail greatly can ever achieve greatly" Robert F. Kennedy

"A man can fail many times, but he isn't a failure until he gives up"

"However beautiful the strategy you should occasionally look at the results" John Berardi

Powerlifting Westside Style

I hit the gym at 8pm. I haven't had any ill effects. When I train with gyno on the weekends sometimes, I suffer through the workout b/c the workout is in the day and i'm not used to day lifting.

I think whatever time you workout your body will adapt quickly and it wouldn't make too much difference.

I've also read an article that stated the best time to lift is earlier in the day. That way you have all day to feed your muscles.

I've also read an article that stated the best time to lift is earlier in the day. That way you have all day to feed your muscles.
    I've wondered about that before. If working out in the day would be better cause all day your recovery and constantly feeding your muscles. Makes sense. I'd like to experiment with it.

I work out after waking up.....then eat all day. Ever since I've done it this way I haven't been real sore the day after. Takes some time to get used to lifting with minimal carbs though.

Ya, I've tried working out shortly after waking up and I feel so much weaker. Being half a sleep and lifting doesn't work for me.

well there is one excepton....when I'm cutting and taking ECA...I'm wired then

Whatever time you will consistantly go to the gym.

Most of us have work/school schedules to deal with. Just go when you can.

I train after work 3 nights a week and on sunday afternoon (usually). For some, getting up early will work better. For others, lunchtime is the best time to go.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I dont think that the time of the day matters too much but I feel like first thing in the morning, and in the afternoon or evening I get the best workouts.