The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Anyone try Westside for skinny bastards?

I want to start it monday. Has anyone tried this with good results in strength and size?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Thousands on t-mag.com have used it with success, its a great program. Good luck!
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

I don't know about thousands, but it's a pretty popular Westside variant.

I've tried a 3x/week WS split before and the problem that I had was that I needed more frequent work for my BP/Upper Back work than I did for my SQ/DL work. I think having a "repetition method" day for the third session makes a lot of sense for that reason.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I use it to a degree, I cycle my main exercises by month and my accessories every fortnight, and supports I alternate by week.

Powerlifting is about getting your body to recruit more muscle fibres, no mainly packing on size. Size will come from your diet.

Quote Originally Posted by Risk10k
    I use it to a degree, I cycle my main exercises by month and my accessories every fortnight, and supports I alternate by week.
    What's the difference between accessories and supports? I've only ever done accessory work. By which I mean stuff like bb curls, skulls, pushdowns, hammers. What would be support lifts?
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

What is Westside for skinny bastards?
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Quote Originally Posted by capn crunch
    What is Westside for skinny bastards?
    I too would like to know.
    Max Lifts:------------------ Goals
    Bench Press: 215lbs------- 250lbs
    Squat:300lbs------------ 300 lbs
    Deadlift: 335------------ 350 lbs
    ----------------------
    Total: 850lbs ---------- 900 lbs

Mint
    You know what's even better for skinny bastards?

Food.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

So food + westside = westside for skinny bastards? Damn had it wrong all the time

Banned
    Here's the link to "Westside for skinny bastards":http://www.t-nation.com/readTopic.do?id=459321

Ive talked to ppl on diff boards and they said its the best program for stength and size gains. If u follow it as outlined u cant fail. i cant wait to get started monday.

Quote Originally Posted by xMeat_Headx
    So food + westside = westside for skinny bastards? Damn had it wrong all the time
    The difference between westide training and westide for skinny bastards are wsfsb has repetition days mainly for hypertophy. In regular westide they have dynamic lifting days mainly for explosivness and not size gains.

Quote Originally Posted by BG5150
    What's the difference between accessories and supports? I've only ever done accessory work. By which I mean stuff like bb curls, skulls, pushdowns, hammers. What would be support lifts?
    Dynamic Lifts. Box sqauts, close grips, wide grips, stances, bands, chains.

To be honest I think the dynamic days combined with the max effort days provide an enormous hypertrophy stimulus... not much else is needed. Ah well it'll work either way.

Of the Hill People
    Quote Originally Posted by Sensei
    I don't know about thousands, but it's a pretty popular Westside variant.

I've tried a 3x/week WS split before and the problem that I had was that I needed more frequent work for my BP/Upper Back work than I did for my SQ/DL work. I think having a "repetition method" day for the third session makes a lot of sense for that reason.

Could be millions. I use my own skinny bastard westsidian variant, and it seems to work well.

i started my first workout today of westide for skinny bastards. Wow what a feeling. Best feeling ive ever felt since i started lifting. I have always used HIT 1 set training. Let me tell u this westide traing is way better and i know i will get great results. I think ppl should try this program i loev ti soo farr.