Hey, thanks for reading this. I'm a 16 year old male, and I've been working out for about 2 years or so. I can Clean & Jerk my own weight (~132 pounds), Snatch 110 pounds, do 49 push-ups in a minute, and do 60 push-ups in one set (with 2 or 3 lapses in form). Even though I've been working out for about 2 years, I did my first Bench Press today. I'm too cheap to buy a bench, so I've been doing Floor Presses for the past 2 years or so. I've worked up to the point where I can do 10 132.5 pound Floor Presses in a single set (with difficulty). Today I finally figured out how to do Bench Presses without coughing up ~$100 for a bench...think sturdy wooden furniture. Even though I can do 132.5 pounds in a Floor Press as I've stated above, I only managed 115 pounds on the Bench Press today.

My question is this: does anyone have any insight into why I find the Bench Press so much harder than the Floor Press? Will I make more neural connections in the next month or so and start to get a Bench Press on par with my Floor Press? Do I need to learn the intracacies of the motion before I can bench heavy weights? Or will I just have to get stronger? One more thing that might change things a little: I recently sustained a mild injury to a muscle in my left upper back (I think it was my left lats). It wasn't too bad, but it was bad enough so that at one point I couldn't bend my back or perform deadlift-like motions without serious pain. I've read that lats have a lot to do with getting the bar off of the chest, and getting the bar of my chest is my sticking point. After I get the weight ~1-2 inches off of my chest, the rest of the motion is very easy. Should I wait until my back is fully healed before trying Bench Presses?

Thanks a lot! Sorry if I seemed like a total noob or an idiot.