Thread: Being lactose intolerant.

Being lactose intolerant.

As long as I get my calcium from pill form or fortified orange juice I should really have to worry about getting anything 'special' out of dairy will I?

Also, is it bad if I'm trying to get really ripped looking with my abs and to get rid of my love handles, is it bad for me to be consuming a lot of fruit based products to get my potassium instead of out of vegetables and so forth? It won't slow the process or anything will it eating a lot of carbs?

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    If you're getting plenty of calcium, you don't need milk. I love milk and I'm lactose intolerant, but I just take the enzyme and I'm fine.

It's better to get your nutrients from real food like vegetables. Not only that, but vegetables contain fiber, which is good for your digestive system.

Carbs won't make you fat. Fat won't make you fat. Protein won't make you fat. Eating excess calories will make you fat. As long as you're burning more than you're taking in, you'll lose weight. And it's always best to get fruit from the fruit itself. Solid fruit > fruit juice.

What's your diet like? What's your training routine look like? You're not going to get rid of your love handles and reveal your abs by not eating carbs. That is strictly a result of caloric deficit. Are you tracking your calories? If you're not, you need to start doing that. Go to www.fitday.com and sign up for a free account and start tracking your calories (if you aren't already, that is).
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 05-23-2006 at 05:00 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."