Thread: Body fat % and HIIT calorie loss question!?

Body fat % and HIIT calorie loss question!?

Hey everyone, I was just wondering, how can I find out my body fat %? And also does anyone know how many calories burn while HIIT sessions? And if my body could take it, can I run like 3 HIIT sessions a day, and still burn calories?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

good question

BF test at any gym, some charge others don't ask around.

Not sure exactly how many calories HIIT burns, but if your doing it correctly one session twice a week should be all you need. IF you were to do it three times a day it would still burn calories each time (all activity burns cals).
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle

Yeah but if you're doing full HIIT sessions, then 3x a day would be absolute overload. Stick with 2-3x a week, not a day.
    Naturally it will burn calories (you're moving around, ain't ya?) BUT there is kinda a gray area in HIIT research I think because it's hard to calculate how many calories are burned AND even if they calculate that, from what I understand most of the fat that is burned gets burned over the course of the next 12-18 hours.

I've wondered this question for several months and it's ridiculously difficult to get a good answer.
    ...........||High School||.....||July '05||.......||January '09||
    Bench.........225x1...............275x1.................?
    Squat...........?.......................?....................365x5
    Deadlift........?.....................315x5...............435x5
    Weight........180...................192...................185
    BF%.............?......................12.....................12
    Time to Get Ripped
    Pictures of Me

It gets burned after? Are you sure? How wierd... No I'm not going to do it 2-3 times a day, I was just wondering, I want to do it once a week and maybe osmetimes two times in a day, but it kills me so idk lol
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

if you got a good strict diet and say twice a week at the most then you should be fine, and lifting consistingly then you will be fine.

When you do your session you have about a 50min window where you burn fat at the highest rate and then it slows down through the next 12 hours. Just like your window of oppertunity when you work out it is the same for cardio, correct me if i am wrong that is
    Stan: Here we go -- mac and cheese. (Reads box) "Boil water." What am I, a chemist?

Quote Originally Posted by crazyskater52
    It gets burned after? Are you sure? How wierd... No I'm not going to do it 2-3 times a day, I was just wondering, I want to do it once a week and maybe osmetimes two times in a day, but it kills me so idk lol
    HIIT training oxidises fat molecules to burned later on after exercise (i believe). I'm sure a good search will answer that question.
    Make Shift IF diet
    My Training Experience
    GET BODY SMART
    Goals:
    CF WOD and Recomp...
    "My fault. I was fiddling with the Gravitational Constant of the Universe again.
    I've set it back - you might need to reboot, though..." -Built

"Nothing can stop the man with the right mental attitude from achieving his goal--
    nothing on earth can help the man with the wrong attitude" - Thomas J

"Obsessed is what the lazy call the dedicated" - Slim Schaedle