Thread: How many days rest time?

Wannabebig Member

How many days rest time?

Right now i am lifting biceps on tuesday and then having 7 days rest until i lift them again, but im not seeing the results i want so i was wondering if i could lift them twice a week, would a 3-4 day rest be enough? And how many days would be a good rest for chest?

Oh, no.

DJ

maybe you're not eating enough
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

3-4 days before repeating a session should generally be enough, but how much rest and recovery you need will depend on how hard you hit it in the session, what kind of shape you're in, and what you do to help your recovery (watch diet, adequate rest, active recovery, etc). Some muscle groups will probably recover more quickly than others too.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

You have to learn to listen to your muscles when you are training. Some days you might work them harder than other days so you may need more time to recover. There are many determining factors as Sensei has mentioned above. If you are eating properly and getting enough rest, 2-3 days should be sufficient time for recovery.

Your also hitting biceps on back day, so dont forget that too.

Quote Originally Posted by gator
    Your also hitting biceps on back day, so dont forget that too.

... is there a back day?

The answer to your question is 'it depends'.

It depends on rest, your recovery, your entire program, how hard you train, your age, etc, etc, etc.

A good general rule of thumb: 72 to 96 hours you should be good to go.

I'd rather you evaluate your routine as a whole, not how often you can train your biceps. If you aren't seeing the results you want, for example, one of the first questions I ask is how your squatting is going.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Wannabebig Member
    i don't squat..i havent been to the gym cuz the person i usually go with has baseball but now that that is done i should be going back...i usually jus lift in my basement