Thread: Can't get big, so I'll get Strong

Can't get big, so I'll get Strong

I figured I am stuck with my dad's genetics of being a skinny bastard. But this doesn't mean I can't get stronger. I'm still fairly new(only been lifting for 1 month) but I want to try the http://www.ruggedmag.com/index.php?type=Article&i=3&a=8 RIpped RUgged and Dense routine by Joel Marion. Or should I just continue my WBB1 routine?
    I'm 5'9", 140lbs

Haha that's funny, I don't want to try and gain weight anymore either. But it's not because that I'm blaming genetics. It's just really difficulty for me to constantly stuff myself for months... or perhaps the rest of my life. It is sickening.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

If you put enough things into a blender, then blend, then consume, you will eventually become larger. There is nothing easier then making a blended meal of 1500 calories. You can do it, you just need to be focused and plan ahead.

Skinnysad: You are 17. You will need to finish your major growth spurts before you need less food. A teenage ectomorph can and should eat all the food they possibly can, bar junk food. I don't care what your goals are, you shoot your foot off eating trash.
    Last edited by betastas; 05-26-2006 at 11:31 PM.

lol I had my growth spurt at the age of 13... (finished grade 7, and during the summer I grew 5 or so inches in height.) When the kids saw me in grade 8.. their like.. HOLY ****ING ***T !!!!

haven't grown since then....Maybe another 1-2 inches, cause I was 5'5 in grade 8.
    Last edited by SkinnySadMan; 05-27-2006 at 06:09 AM.
    5'7 425 lbs. 85% bodyfat Need to gain 20-40 lbs.

New journal - http://wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=86957 Boring I know, but whatever.

Mint
    Quote Originally Posted by HighSchoolGuy
    I figured I am stuck with my dad's genetics of being a skinny bastard. But this doesn't mean I can't get stronger.
    And it doesn't mean you can't get bigger either.

If you want to get bigger you need to eat every three hours. You might be full, but you got to eat anyway. When you put on 20 pounds in two months you won't mind having to force yourself to eat.
    "To make a big training like Dimas, you can not be a pussy." - Christos Iakovou

prepare yourself, because it's a big training

Turnin nothin into somethin, is God work
    And you get nothin without struggle and hard work

Think like a man of action, act like a man of thought. - Henri Bergson.

Banned
    Every two hours big guy. Eat every 2. And thats one hell of a way to puss out. "I can't get big cuz I got bad genetics" Suck it up and do it anyway.

Edit: Just noticed you haven't even been at it a month and your pussin out man. I'm not knockin powerlifting here I really respect most powerlifters esp the ones that frequent this site. However I got bad genetics so I won't even try is a statement that describes yourself man. Sorry but I'm being honest. Just suck it up and do it.
    Last edited by Gutz981; 05-27-2006 at 09:02 AM.

:withstupi gutz has some good advice there
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat

We (AtLarge Nutrition) will be publishing our Maximum Mass guide very soon. You can only get it by purchasing our stack by the same name and when you do you get it for FREE. It WILL tell you how to gain both weight and strength in the shortest time possible. It is NOT for the timid!

You have to suck it up at the end, you can get bigger... some on this site (Narc, LittleJake) were realtively small people in their teens and now are both monsters. They didnt get their by sitting in a corner crying and holding themselves. Its hard, its damn hard... but anything with rewards that valuable should be. Nothing worth doing is easy.

If you want some food that is calorie dense, peanut butter is your friend, eat some Peanut butter with every meal, it's good for you and it packs in the calories.

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    I thought I was stuck with crappy genetics, and I am. But I started this weightlifting thing at 108 lbs same height I am now I was benching 50 pounds. I'm now 150 and bench 220 and still gaining, its been a long and slow process, but its possible. Will I ever be big? Probably not, but I can still grow. I have the wrists the size of girls, its been proven. I have a terrible frame for putting on weight, and when I do gain weight I look awful, see the members pics section, and look at what I look like in my winter bulk.
    Eat sleep lift hard, eat, sleep, eat eat eat. Eat. An easy way for calories is to add canola oil to your protein shakes, easy 1200 calories right there.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

I told myself the same thing with weight loss, your not special and neither am I. While neither of us may have it in our genes to be extraordinary, we can still be far above the average popluation and that alone should be motivation.

People blame genetics too much, and those are the people that dont stick to their diet or dont go to the gym if they are feeling lazy. I would love to be a hardgainer and be able to eat anything in site.

Wannabebig Member
    This post reminds me of this:
    "The more I eat and the heavier I train, the better my genetics get"
    - Dave Draper

there is nothing you can do about genetics. you get what you're given.
    now do what YOU can and be the best YOU can. this means training just as hard and eating just as much/well as the guys with 'good genetics'

Brookes Kubik says the average guy or even a guy with 'below average genetics' can attain a 300lb bench, 400lb squat, and a 500lb deadlift given enough time, a decent diet, and alot of heavy ass training. The average guy is something like 5'8 140lbs with a max bench of like 115lbs... I believe him
    Squat...Eat...Sleep...Grow...Repeat