The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Say what...?

Say what...?

To anyone who's gotten a squat suit... how the **** am I supposed to this thing on... I got the size 31 Hardcore which is for people between 158-170, im like 162-165 so obviously this seems like the correct size no? Well I cant even pull thing up past my ass and I was struggin with it for some time. Is there some special way of putting this thing on that im not doing?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Get someone to help you put it on.

It took me more than 30 minutes to get my suit on (not straps up) the first time I tried.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

I did, I had one of the guys i live with yanking it up (or trying to) with me squatting down and what not and it just wouldnt even begin to slide up past my butt. I have a fairly large ass especially for a guy my height, is this thing supposed to fit me regardless?

Alright, after another go at it we managed to get it far enough up that the crotch of the suit is now just at/above my knee caps. The circumfrence of my ass just doenst seem to want to let it go any further though..

Yanking on the straps won't do much when it's stuck at the buttom. Find where it's stuck and pull it up inch by inch. It hurts, it's tight, and you'll probably lose the skin off your fingers and knuckles. The gloves they sell to protect your hands are pretty much **** when the suit is really tight, because you can never seem to get enough grip/leverage on the suit to pull.

Hahaha, have fun!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

After another 20 minutes of struggling we managed to get it up a litttttttle bit more.. maybe an inch, if that. Once again the only problem seems to be getting the tight middle part beyond my ass which is causing all the problems. By now the suits probably to baby-powdered to even return it for another size. I was really hoping to use it tomorrow so i'll try again tonight to get it on.

Kevin, try getting the legs all the way up before you bring the torso up. Do you know what I mean? The main part of the suit can be turned inside out and hanging down as you work the legs up. Once those are in place, you might have an easier time getting it over your ass.

Anthony's suggestion to start w. the suit inside-out and use work gloves are good ones.

Use suit slippers or trash bags if you have them to get the leg openings far enough up your leg before working the suit over your arse.

There's no way I would've EVER been able to get my Hardcore much beyond my knees without suit-slippers. Even with them, it took over a half hour to get it on (straps down).
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook
    Lifting Clips: http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=johnnymnemonic2
    Blog: http://squatrx.blogspot.com/

I've actually helped a guy get his own and there were 3 of us pulling on it. Marc Bartley was one of those guys. The suit was tight as hell. As it should be to get anything out of it.

Might try just hanging out of it. I've seen guys set up the in the squat rack and put one of the straps up on the rack and just try to hang in it like a climbing harness. Its a tough go. Anthony and Sensei's suggestions are right on.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

Thanks a ton guys i'll definitelly try all those suggestions. I don thave suit slippers but when I tried to use trashbags to get my arms through the sleeves of my shirt on monday the bags just got stuck in there. I'm definitelly feelin good about gettin the legs up first but im a little confused as to how best to get the legs up with an inside out suit. I've been contemplating sending it back for a bigger size but i've decided to stop being a pussy and just MAKE this one fit eventually. I know guys my same size who use 30's so theres no way i cant fit in this 31 eventually. If someone wants to be a sweetheart and give me a brief explanation as to how best to get this sucker up i'd really appreciate it.
    Last edited by KevinStarke; 05-25-2006 at 03:30 PM.

At the risk of ridicule and public cyber-humiliation, I will try to make a video in the next few days. I don't have internet access at home these days and I might not be able to upload it at work - I'll see what I can do.
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-25-2006 at 04:02 PM.
    A child does not learn to squat from the top down. In other words, he does not suddenly make a conscious decision one day to squat. Actually, he is squatting one day and make the conscious decision to stand. Squatting precedes standing in the developmental sequence. This is the way a child's brain learns to use the body as the child develops movement patterns. Therefore, a child is probably crawling, rocks back into a squatting position with the back completely relaxed and the hips completely flexed, and stands when he has enough hip strength. This approach makes a lot of sense and can be applied to relearning the deep squat movement if it is lost. -Gray Cook

Dude, I would REALLY appreciate a video. If you dont wanna post it just PM it to me or something. Im just a ****** when it comes to gettin this damn suit on.

I'll see what I can do.

Thanks man

I didn't mean the whole suit inside out, I just meant after you step in it and get it up as high as it will go, fold the straps down around your waist (so the top half is inside out), and then work on getting the legs up before you worry about the torso or straps. The first time I put mine on, I spent about 30-40 minutes getting the legs up all the way and THEN got it past my ass, and THEN the torso, and THEN worked on the straps. The legs and straps were the worst for me.

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    I didn't mean the whole suit inside out, I just meant after you step in it and get it up as high as it will go, fold the straps down around your waist (so the top half is inside out), and then work on getting the legs up before you worry about the torso or straps. The first time I put mine on, I spent about 30-40 minutes getting the legs up all the way and THEN got it past my ass, and THEN the torso, and THEN worked on the straps. The legs and straps were the worst for me.

This works the best you can also hang on a dip stand by the straps a settle into the suit
    pain is inevitable suffering is optional

www.ryanopower.com

http://www.prowriststraps.com

All right Kevin... you owe me.

Here I am in all my underweared glory! http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wOKYo219t58

Sorry the picture quality is crap. Mind you, I did the whole freakin' thing twice because the first time the camera wasn't rolling!!!!!
    Last edited by Sensei; 05-25-2006 at 07:43 PM.

HAH! Your the ****in man Sensei im gonna to try right now.

alright ive tried senseis napproach and i have indeed gotten it up the furthesy yet. ill definitelly invest in some suit slippers haha. still isnt all the waqy up but its making slow... slow... progress...

Best Fight Scene

Sensei VS Target Bags

jk, gg with the video
    5'10", 170lbs, 10% bf

Bench:255 Squat:295 Dead:400
    Snatch:145 C&J: 205
    Chin-Up: +135 Dip: +100
    Max Pull-Ups: 44

CrossFit Lv. 1, ACE-CPT

You want our weapons!? Come and get them!

22 minutes between posts.... Maaaan, you're not trying HARD ENOUGH!!!

I remember the first time trying on a squat suit - my wife bought it for me for our anniversary (what a woman, eh?). It literally took me the better part of an hour to get the bottoms on. When I finally finished, I was sweating like a pig, wheezing, and ended up lying on the living room floor for another half hour trying to recover.

I never, ever thought I'd be able to get a suit on and still have any energy left to recover, but you DO get used to it - the suit will break in a little and you'll get more efficient about putting it on.

Quote Originally Posted by KingWilder
    Best Fight Scene

Sensei VS Target Bags

jk, gg with the video
    LOL!

I got it up pretty far compared to my previous attempts. I go the bottems of the legs up to about 4-5" passed my knees which happy about. I guess I'll just dead raw tomorrow and work on getting the suit the ready to squat in for next week. Try as I might I wasnt able to shimmy the legs up any further than I just go them up but as soon as I can come accross 26$ i'll get me a pair of suit slippers and hopefully have better luck with those. After my dead session tomorrow i'll work the suit again.

Kevin,
    The suit slippers are nice, but they really don't help you get the suit any further up your body than using bags will. Keep trying.

Built,
    THANKS! That's high-praise coming from someone like you!