The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Summer Workout Plan~

OKAY I WANT MY BODY SORTA LIKE THIS

http://www.wannabebig.com/images/adv...fatlosspic.jpg

IM 19/135lbs/5'5

WELL I KNOW IT WONT COME SO QUICKLY

BUT KIND OF A THICK BUILD + BEING LEAN.

IS CREATINE + CARDIO + HEAVY SETS AND LOW REPS A GOOD IDEA FOR ME + MULTI-VITAMIN.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Eat and lift heavy.

first off you need to stop typing in caps

second, that good of a build is extremely hard to obtain without years of training, I think with goals that high you're setting yourself up for failure

third, get your diet straight

and lastly, low reps are more for strength than hypertrophy, and it seems like you are training for hypertrophy. Try moderate reps (8-12).
    6'1 - 195
    Crossfit Total: Press: 135 - Squat: 315 - Deadlift: 365
    Competition Lifts: Clean: 205 - Bench: 205

Quote Originally Posted by D Breyer
    first off you need to stop typing in caps

second, that good of a build is extremely hard to obtain without years of training, I think with goals that high you're setting yourself up for failure

third, get your diet straight

and lastly, low reps are more for strength than hypertrophy, and it seems like you are training for hypertrophy. Try moderate reps (8-12).
    if you read my post i didnt say i wanted it over the summer.

i said i want that in the long-term.

Trust me thats still a physique your not gonna get from taking some creatine and hitting the gym a few times a week. That guy has good genetics, alot of discipline, and uses steroids and it probably took him a very long time to get in that kind of shape. Set smaller goals and keep setting them as you go on to avoid dissapointment and stay on track.

Banned
    First off, for the routine - http://www.wannabebig.com/article.php?articleid=25

Next, check out this article at - http://www.t-nation.com/portal_inclu...-061-diet.html
    for you diet info

Maybe wait on the creatine for a couple of months until your body gets used to the weightlifting. Just my opinion.

Get yourself a good protein powder like Nitrean or Optimum Nutrition Whey along with a good multi (Flintstones, seriously, yes seriously or if thats too kiddie GNC multi mega gold NO IRON).

Anyhow, just do alot of research around this board and ask away with questions.

-josh

I hate to bash the WBB routines, but they only work each muscle once a week. It's best to work your muscles 2-3x a week, if your going for size.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by gator
    I hate to bash the WBB routines, but they only work each muscle once a week. It's best to work your muscles 2-3x a week, if your going for size.

No, this is wrong. You can gain size from once a week. You can gain size from 2-3x a week. You can overtrain and lose size from once a week. And you can overtrain and lose size from training 2-3 x a week. There is no "best" number of times that equate to size (or strength for that matter). Some things work well for some people, some other things work better for other people.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 05-29-2006 at 05:43 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by ExtremeAnabolic
    No, this is wrong. You can gain size from once a week. You can gain size from 2-3x a week. You can overtrain and lose size from once a week. And you can overtrain and lose size from training 2-3 x a week. There is no "best" number of times that equate to size (or strength for that matter). Some things work well for some people, some other things work better for other people.
    True but from what i've read, protein sythesis lasts about 36-72 hours for the muscle after it's been worked, so why not work the muscle twice a week to keep this going. You may say that you should wait a week to let your muscle fully recover/repair, but from what I've seen this process can take up to a month.

Only happy when bulking radioheadhead's Avatar

good points. Learn to listen to your body.

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by gator
    True but from what i've read, protein sythesis lasts about 36-72 hours for the muscle after it's been worked, so why not work the muscle twice a week to keep this going. You may say that you should wait a week to let your muscle fully recover/repair, but from what I've seen this process can take up to a month.
    . It's not about how many TIMES you train a week, it's more about the VOLUME of work you can tolerate in said week. The amount of times you train is not important. Anyway I was commenting on your statement that said for size you have to train more often than 1x a week. This is not necessary.

. It's not about how many TIMES you train a week, it's more about the VOLUME of work you can tolerate in said week. The amount of times you train is not important.
    I think that is definitely at least debatable, if not wrong.
    I feel confident that at least some "senior members" would say there is a definite difference between these two workouts:
    Monday: Bench 225 x 10 x 8
    and
    Monday: Bench 225 x 10 x 4
    Th: Bench 225 x 10 x 4

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by Bizatch
    I think that is definitely at least debatable, if not wrong.
    I feel confident that at least some "senior members" would say there is a definite difference between these two workouts:
    Monday: Bench 225 x 10 x 8
    and
    Monday: Bench 225 x 10 x 4
    Th: Bench 225 x 10 x 4
    You're not reading my post correctly. tuttut

Volume is more important than how many times you train. As is weight. You can do DB flyes with five pound pink weights 7 days a week, but you will not grow from that. Again the AMOUNT OF TIMES (NOT VOLUME OR WEIGHT) IS NOT IMPORTANT.

Again to achieve size you do not ABSOLUTELY have to train more than once a week.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 05-31-2006 at 06:35 AM.