The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

It’s no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: protein

Wannabebig Member

protein

how many grams of protein would you say is to many in one meal sitting? i take in arond 200 gms in pre workout meal is this too much?

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

Getting un-streamlined Progress's Avatar
    How do the other macros break down in that meal and how soon after the meal do you work out?

I'm going to just make a blanket statement and say that yes, 200g Protein in one sitting is too much.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

I would spread it out more imo I would save the majority of your protein intake for post workout. But if you are seeing gains and taking in that much protein dosn't seem to be hurting you in the gym then I don't see why you should stop.

Spread it, 200 in one sitting, is pretty high IMO. But depends how many meals u eat a day. If u have 3 meals, and 1 meal is 200g's, and the other 2 is about 50, thats good. But 200 in one, is pretty high.
    Call me, Johnny. Thanks
    Check out my JOURNAL!

STATS as of: March, 2006

Current/Goal
    Weight: 240 +/-
    Height: 6'3.5
    Bench: 330bs touch and go / 360lbs paused
    Squat: 385lbs / 405lbs
    Clean: 255lbs / 285lbs
    40: 5.3 / 5.0
    Vert: 23 / 28

I am by no means a nutrition expert, but unless you don't have access to a more balanced diet I would spread your intake out. My dietary goals are to spread my intake fairly evenly across all meals so my body pretty much always has a constant state of macros to work with. I.e. 400~g protein/200~g fat/xxx~g carbs spread over 6 meals evenly. (for the most part, PWO shake is a bit more carb heavy)

Taking 200g protein in one sitting won't hurt you, but in my opinion, it's a bit overkill and from posts I've read in the past, the body will store what it doesn't need as fat, which probably isin't what you're trying to achieve.
    Scars are tatoos with better stories.

Wannabebig Member
    Im eating 6 meals a day most are evenly spread out. by the way i meant post workout not pre workout, sorry!!, so i take in 200gms of protein POST WORKOUT. i do this to make sure my body has more than enough protein after training. im bulking at moment so not really bothered about a bit of fat, but im bulking clean anyway so no saturated fats hardly. cheers

Quote Originally Posted by alfy
    Im eating 6 meals a day most are evenly spread out. by the way i meant post workout not pre workout, sorry!!, so i take in 200gms of protein POST WORKOUT. i do this to make sure my body has more than enough protein after training. im bulking at moment so not really bothered about a bit of fat, but im bulking clean anyway so no saturated fats hardly. cheers
    i think thats too much protien after a workout. will it hurt you probley not. but there is debate about how much protien the body can use in a short amount of time. and i think 200grams is way over that amount. so i would try to spread it out

i shoot for 50 to 75 post workout.and i usally get 300-350 plus in a day.

may i ask what do eat/drink for a meal of 200grams
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Wannabebig Member
    yeah after training i have 2 large chicken breasts 2 baked potatoes and a protein shake

im curious to this if would take 300 grams of protein per day and my bw was 185 and drank plenty of water would this be a safe thing to do?
    Stats

Current(May1st) (June8th) Goals(September 1st)
    Bench 245 -------255-----300(reached 225x6 june 14th)
    Squat 350 -------injured----450
    Deadlift 315 ------injured----370

height 5"11
    weight 185(stay at 185)
    40(tested 4/19/06)4.75

"Pain is weakness leaving the body."

Quote Originally Posted by Bam
    im curious to this if would take 300 grams of protein per day and my bw was 185 and drank plenty of water would this be a safe thing to do?
    yeah why not?
    6'6" 235
    Follow me on Twitter!
    My Artist page
    Creatine is Overrated Social Group
    supplements are used to supplement!!
    "why do i train so hard? so i can play harder!"
    -kobe bryant

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Bam
    Well, make sure your kidnies are okay before doing this. I recommend getting bloodwork before starting this kind of diet, and then doing the same after a few months of being on the diet. Better safe than sorry.

But more than likely you'll be fine.