The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
    Banned

A cut from above

Stats and Numbers:
    Weight: 193-195
    Bodyfat estimate: 15-18%
    Height:5'6"
    Lifts:
    Bench:285X1
    Squat:425X1
    Dead: Been untested for quite some time but 315 for reps
    Time lifting: 3 years
    History: I've been bulking up since dec. of 2005 until now. I've gained some quality muscle mass as well as some fat. I'm still a natty.

Cutting plans:
    My calorie intake will be 2350. I was thinking doing 40% protein 40% carb 20% fat. Making protein intake be 235g a day. Carbs will be 235g as well. fat being 53g.

Cutting goals:
    I don't need or desire a six pack I just want to get into the range of 10-12% bodyfat. With no strength or muscle loss.

I need to know what you people think. I am very open to suggestions as this is my first cut. PLEASE and thank you!

EDIT: Also I only have 6-8 weeks to cut then its bulking time. Which basically mean I would like to get as lean as possible given the set timeframe.
    Last edited by Gutz981; 05-29-2006 at 09:40 AM.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

i think personally you will struggle to drop from between 15-18 down to 10-12 in just 6-8 weeks without loosing any strength. however you do have very good genetics and are strong as hell for your age. if you 15% it could be possibly if you 18% i dnt think so. also those fats seem awfully low. i myself have tried at the start cutting with fats around the 50g mark believe me having them higher really helps control my apetite. i woul;d definaly substitute some of those carbs for fats. get them over 80g a day.
    my journal
    http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=68545

weight 202 - (bf around 14%)
    PR's
    Bench - 286
    deadlift - new pr on the 23/12/06 190 kilo (430 pound)
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

200 pound at 10% bf by next summer

Banned
    Understood and taken into plan: Hows this?

40% protein 30% carbs 30%fat ?

Making Carbs stand at 176g a day
    Making Fat stand at 79g a day
    Making protein stand at 235g a day.

Also to add my routine will look like this: Should I throw in a rest day between legs and shoulders?

Chest and bis
    Legs and calves
    shoulders and tris
    back and traps
    off
    repeat

yeh i would throw in a rest day between legs and shoulders definatly. will you be doing any cardio. i wouldnt do any for the first couple of weeks if at all. see how your weight loss is at those cals first i think you may loose enough weight just like that. Is their a reason why you are just wanting to cut down for 6-8 weeks. is it just for the sake and a test to see how you find it as its your first cut. seems like a sensible approach actually
    my journal

PR's
    Bench - 286
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

Banned
    Accually there is a reason. But that reason would be frowned upon. So I'll just leave it at that. It is partically just a test cut to see how I can do.

sounds like a good idea. ill be keeping an eye out on your journal to see how your progress goes mate good luck?
    my journal

PR's
    Bench - 286
    squat - 264 ATF

Goals

Banned
    Thanks alot man. My pain and hell starts tommorow. I figure starting with a nice 6-8 week cut will give me a taste of what it is like to cut for a competition. Which I plan on doing early next year.

Goodluck with the cut man i need to have me a cut myself soon, theres this girl and i really want her Make sure to post your results cause im definately going to interested on how it goes cause im concidering a no bs cut of atleast 7 percent bodyfat and i want to see how it goes for you. If your diet goes well i might just ask for some advice

good luck with your cut, gutz. you may strength may suffer a bit if you're trying to lose that much bf in such a short amount of time. shouldn't be too bad, though.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!