Thread: opinions please

Wannabebig Member

opinions please

ok i have decided to attempt to make up my own workout plan..here it goes..

monday
    -3 sets of different medicine ball ab work
    -bench-185x10,205x8,225x6
    -machine incline-dunno the weight yet but same reps as bench and sets
    -machine squat-400x8,425x6,440x4,455x2
    -Supplimentals-
    -tricept pulldown things on the machine, 4 sets of whatever weiwght, i dunno yet
    -bar curls 5x5 and standing bar military (if you dont undertstand that ill explain it) 5x5, skull crushers 5x5

Tuesday(Aerobic Day)
    bycle for 7 minutes, just a bunch of cardio stuff...
    eventually this summer on this day ill go to my school and start running 400's, sprinting full, and timed..ill gradually get lowwer times and more 400''s

Wed-Rest

Thursday
    Warmup ab work (same as monday)
    -Leg Press- dunno the weight yet but sets are 10,8,6,4
    -Calv machine- dunno the weight but same sets as leg press
    just legs mostly..i dunno the rest of the machines yet but ill be doing a total of 3 different machines for legs with the same sets as the leg press...

supplimentals
    same as monday, skull crushers, curls, and standing military, same sets, same weight

Friday-
    Cardio day, same as tuesay

My idea is that every time i lift, the following week i increase the weight ATLEAST 5 lbs..should i change the sets every week too, lower it maybe 2 reps every week wiwth like 20 more lbs?

weekend is my rest days..thats how it waws in football and we got a lot stronger..by the wayw my wowrkout is based on my football workout, withsome slight modifications..we wused to do superbench and supersquat the same days as we benched and squat.. (superbench is when they'd give us a wewight at the end of lifting and wed have to do it 15 times, same as supersquat only we had to do that weight 20 times and it was a lot heavier, odviouslly)

whwat do you guys think??

im guessing these are comfortable weights an your always keeping a few reps in you?

if they are anywhere close to hard it does not make sense to me as you work legs an then the next day are doing cardio using your legs, then you rest for only 1 day, an do legs again, then again only 1 day rest, an more cardio using your legs

if there easy weights for you an its basically for conditioning or gradual strength increases - no worries

Id never use machines for anything besides triceps

Wannabebig Member
    the bench is easy weight, but im going to increase the weight every week and lower the reps, so it gets harder and harder..same with squat..im trying to get stronger, but also get in better shape..so in a sense..attempting the impossible of cutting fat and getting stronger...but im one of those guys that doesnt reall gain muscle mass wwhen i get stronger..i dunno..cant explain it..im naturally strong, so when i left it just assists that..so my arms actually stay the same size most of the time..like lets put it this way..dont look as strong as i am..but u think i shouldnt be doing cardio stuff the day after lifting? do you guys have any better methods for improving upper body strength (for bench particularly) ?

Quote Originally Posted by bradleykavin
    the bench is easy weight, but im going to increase the weight every week and lower the reps, so it gets harder and harder..same with squat..im trying to get stronger, but also get in better shape..so in a sense..attempting the impossible of cutting fat and getting stronger…
    This is not impossible - I've done it; so have lots of folks here.

but im one of those guys that doesnt reall gain muscle mass wwhen i get stronger..i dunno..cant explain it..
    I can: you're not eating enough to gain.

im naturally strong, so when i left it just assists that..so my arms actually stay the same size most of the time..like lets put it this way..dont look as strong as i am..but u think i shouldnt be doing cardio stuff the day after lifting? do you guys have any better methods for improving upper body strength (for bench particularly) ?
    What's your diet like?

Wannabebig Member
    dont have a diet..i eat whatever..im going to cut out fast food though, starting tommorow, and no soda..just going to eat alright..i am overwewight, so i am in no need to gain weight, just turn what i have into muscle...as far as not gaining muscle, i duno i just cant explain it..its wewird lol..but does anyone have any good ideas as changing my workout plan? adding? modifying?

Track your diet for a week. You need to drop fat and keep/gain muscle? You're fairly new at lifting? You may be able to accomplish this.

Diet. Track it.

k?

Wannabebig Member
    im going to post my diet every day on this thread lol..easier for me..

woke up..wenwt to a birthday thing and had this like,noodle salad thing..a lot of it..a plate full..half of a small roast beef sandwhich..3 brownies..2 cookies..cake..and a coke and dr pepper...

dinner had rice, t bone steak, and spinach..and a glass of chocolate milk

thats today