The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Its no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Thread: I need a job =\

You stay classy San Diego. Ron Burgundy's Avatar

I need a job =\

Im 17 years old, and I can't find a job anywhere, where can I get one im totaly into weightlifting and the body , but no places will hire me because im not 18.

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

you want to work at a gym?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Unless you have a well-connected uncle or something, why not do what every 17 year old does... find a menial, worthless, part-time job at Starbucks or the local grocery mart or something. I worked @ a similar crap job for summers for 4 years (from the time I was 16 till the time I was in college and had sufficient experience on the resume through classes and whatnot to get a meaningful internship).
    25 years old, 5'10''

Back in the States to get hayooooge!

Health goals
    - Weigh a healthy and active 170-180, healthy mind and body
    - Dunk a basketball (hey a man can have big dreams huh)
    - Swim 2-3x/week and become a better swimmer

Gamer/Lifter
    I'm bartending this summer a bit, but thats only because i'm a lucky. I intend on working on the local golf course, or somthign as a sales clerk well I start off my business. You can't honsetly expect to be hired at a gym, you can apply but don't expect too much. And frankly you should be able to get a job as young as 14 if you seel yourself right. Talk to the person don't take no for an answer.
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

we have alot of 17yr old working at the Y in daycamp,if you search i'm sure you'll find a job
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

I think my YMCA has to many old stupid people. I couldn't get a job they said i had to be 18

lifeguard
    I know you're half-crazy, but I wish you'd go all the way.

"Razorcut, as usual, is 100% correct." --- ectx

"It is those who know little, and not those who know much, who so positively assert that this or that problem will never be solved by science. --- Charles Darwin

Iron4Life
    Farm work... nothing like a good GPP job..
    Shoveling cow manure is a good core builder...
    Picking veggies is great for low back endurance...

Quote Originally Posted by razorcut
    lifeguard
    Gotta pay for the certification, but it lasts three years and it's a skill that's transerable. Decent pay for a 17 year old, and it's pretty in demand with the summer. They encourage exercise and proper diet in the job description, and you might get to do some in-service workouts. It'll probably be all swimming, though.

In fact, it's what I'm doing now :P
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

I would be a lifegurad, but my mom is a health freak and thinks im ganna get skin cancer =\ I can't stand my quarky household

Quote Originally Posted by Ron Burgundy
    I would be a lifegurad, but my mom is a health freak and thinks im ganna get skin cancer =\ I can't stand my quarky household
    life guards are under umbrellas most of the time and with sunscreen
    Last edited by getfit; 06-02-2006 at 07:36 PM.

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Farm work was a good suggestion, but it depends where you live and who you know. Just look around, maybe ask your parents if they know anyone etc.
    Last edited by diesel_dan; 06-02-2006 at 07:42 PM.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

I dont live close to a farm =(

Confused
    I put up fences and decks from the time i was 15 till 18. Look into construction maybe?

mcdonalds
    Rock Quotes:
    -Girls like big strong men, all the other men has to find a niche or a thing they supposedly love, you know...like saving whales or reading books, to get laid.
    -Look..first I am scared little freezing virgin munk, but then I bare my self and I am nothing like a freezing virgin!
    -Then I saw a little african boy sleeping, and I thought...that is little Okeke, he is tired from herding all the goats and the big goat got away today.
    Quote Originally Posted by fixationdarknes
    And I'll clench my buttcheeks as hard as I can to keep free of intruders.

journal

Gamer/Lifter
    Farn work is hard work! I did it when I was 13 during the summer, you get up at 4:00 AM and your on the field by 5:00 and you work until like 3:00 or 4:00 PM that day. Its hard work
    "It is the soldier, not the reporter who has given us the freedom of the press.
    "It is the soldier, not the poet, who has given us the freedom of speech.
    "It is the soldier, not the campus organizer, who gives us the freedom to demonstrate.
    "It is the soldier who salutes the flag, who serves beneath the flag, and whose coffin is draped by the flag, who allows the protester to burn the flag."

Yes it is. Fun though in my opinion. Well, really depends on what kind of farm work your doing.
    Height: 6'
    Weight: 210

Quote Originally Posted by Nik00117
    Farn work is hard work! I did it when I was 13 during the summer, you get up at 4:00 AM and your on the field by 5:00 and you work until like 3:00 or 4:00 PM that day. Its hard work
    it's great , nothing wrong with hard work

gain 50lbs-Anthony

like someone said, it kinda depends where you live, who you know ect..
    lucky for me I got a paperround when i was 12 and did it till I was 15, and now I work part time in the shop.

I'm bringin sexy back lifter4life's Avatar
    Try some restaurants. Get some experience as a server/busser now and then move up later to a larger restaraunt and you will be making da ca$h flow.

Edit: you could also try delivering pizzas. Any job where you get tipped you can make good money if you have a good personality.

If all else fails goto a grocery store.

Edit again: if you want go here http://seattle.craigslist.org/ and on the right side click the area you live in and it will show you jobs around your area. Under JOBS click on retail / food / hosp. Employers use that place all the time.
    Last edited by lifter4life; 06-03-2006 at 12:46 PM.

my first job was at a car wash, back when minimum wage was 4.25/hr. however, I tripled my hourly wages per day in tips. plus lots of hot women would come through.

at 17 don't look for prestige in a job, just look for one that will hire you. although I don't blame you for staying away from fast food. try being a waiter somewhere.
    A patriot must always be ready to defend his country against his government. - Edward Abbey

There is a wide difference between speaking to deceive, and being silent to be impenetrable. - Voltaire

If it can be imagined, it can be done. - Me

6'2"
    273 lbs.