Thread: Bulking?

Wannabebig Member

Routine?

Good day. I've not posted for a while now, and I hope to get some help on my gym routine.

I'm currently 92kg, thats around 205 pounds i think. I'm hoping to maintain or put on more weight, say to 230 pounds.

here's my usual routine. (figure in pounds)

monday

chest - bench 4x4 (176), smith bench 4x4 (176), incline or dumbell chest press (is that right) 3x8 (50)

biceps - con curls 3-4 x 4-6(33), ez bar curls 3-4 x 4-6 (70), drag curls 4 x 10 (33)

* i don't really know what else to do for biceps...

wednesday

shoulders - military press (smith machine) 4x6 (90), side raises, 4 x 10 (27.5), cleans (varies the weight, usually light)

legs - squats 4x6 (160), leg press 4x 4-6 (200), calves raises 4x10 (550), lunges (usually light weights)

friday

back - deadlifts 4 x 4-6 (300), back extensions 4 x 4-6 (180), back raises 4 x 10 (50 plate clasped to chest)

triceps - skull crushers 4 x 8-10 (70), tricep pushdowns 4 x 4-6 (130) + overhead tricep extensions 4 x 1-3 (40) superset

this is my usual routine. i'm pleased to have raised my deadlifts since dec 05. i was lifting around 200 pounds then.

i started gymming since end of sept 2005. i was 165 then, and now i'm 205.

i'm looking to put on mass like bulking. i know dieting is essential but i'm on a tight budget (in college) but i do take protein shakes after workouts. i usually consume pasta and beef for dinner. lunches are rice or bread.

Appreciate everyone's advice.

cheers.

*edit, i understand that to gain size and strength, u have to go heavy and do low reps. thus the current routine. i'm playing rugby for my uni, so i'm looking to grow. thanks
    Last edited by sdre; 05-31-2006 at 12:31 AM.

Wannabebig Member
    Go to www.fitday.com and track your calories, figure out what you average per day, and bump it up a few hundred calories. If you don't gain, bump it up some more.

Being in college is no excuse, that is when you have access to a lot of food (dining halls for the win!)
    Last edited by Uncle Fester; 05-30-2006 at 09:44 AM.

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Being in college is no excuse, that is when you have access to a lot of food (dining halls for the win!)
    Sure...but most of the food is garbage food. And it costs quite a bit.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    Sure...but most of the food is garbage food. And it costs quite a bit.
    not to mention restrictive hours where food is actually served

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    Mini fridge. That is all.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

Banned
    Find yourself a nice girlfriend that works at a health food store, or at a healthy food joint. She can hook you up. Hot, healthy college girlfriend for the win!

Wannabebig Member
    ditto. food's a problem... as in i cook my own food. the hostel doens't provide meals. so yeah.

how does the routine look to u guys?

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Uncle Fester
    Go to www.fitday.com and track your calories, figure out what you average per day, and bump it up a few hundred calories. If you don't gain, bump it up some more.

btw i take museli bars.... would that help with the calorie intake? in between breaks and stuff

Wannabebig Member
    erm bump?