Thread: help with strength routine

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

help with strength routine

this summer i want to go on a strength based routine but i need help in developing one.. ive started the madcow 5x5 routine but realized i wont be able to stick with all of it because i work out at my friends house and his rents dont allow deadlifting because its too loud (we work out in the morning) and theyre afraid of damage to the weights and/or the floor

all he has is a squat rack and bench, so dips and dumbell excercises (as well as deadlifts) are out of the question.

ive read about the 10x3 and played around with numbers and this is what ive come up with so far

monday:

bench 10x3
    close grip bench 3x8
    lat pulldowns 3x8

wednesday:

squat 10x3
    military press 5x5
    upright row 3x8

friday:

barbell row 10x3
    lat pulldowns 3x8
    bb curls 3x8

are there anything that should be changed thatll make this routine as effective as possible? any suggestions/changes will be welcome

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    Quote Originally Posted by retsmit
    this summer i want to go on a strength based routine but i need help in developing one.. ive started the madcow 5x5 routine but realized i wont be able to stick with all of it because i work out at my friends house and his rents dont allow deadlifting because its too loud (we work out in the morning) and theyre afraid of damage to the weights and/or the floor

all he has is a squat rack and bench, so dips and dumbell excercises (as well as deadlifts) are out of the question.

ive read about the 10x3 and played around with numbers and this is what ive come up with so far

monday:

bench 10x3
    close grip bench 3x8
    lat pulldowns 3x8

wednesday:

squat 10x3
    military press 5x5
    upright row 3x8

friday:

barbell row 10x3
    lat pulldowns 3x8
    bb curls 3x8

are there anything that should be changed thatll make this routine as effective as possible? any suggestions/changes will be welcome

If all he has is a squat rack and bench, how are you able to do lat pulldowns?

If you want strength, I'd cut the reps down to no more than 3-5 by adding weight.

Wannabebig Member
    its no ordinary squat rack; theres some accessories attached to it that allows for some cable excercises

8 upper body exercises and 1 leg exercise? I think you need to reprioritize your training.

Lunges, Step ups, Good Mornings