Thread: chest dip and tricep dip

Wannabebig Member

chest dip and tricep dip

how do i make sure im doing chest as my primary muscle on a chest dip and tricep as my primary muscle when i do tricep dips so basically how do i make sure im doing them differently on a chest day to a tricep day to maximise that muscle.

tricep dips pretty much just keep your body as strait and vertical as you can when you do the dips. Ches you want to bend your knees so you tend to lean over more and try to lean forward as much as you can and try to get your chest parallel to the floor. also make sure you go down 90 degrees.
    Bench:225x5, 255x1
    Squat:350x5
    Dead:370x5, 415x1

Just do dips, fer crying out loud. You can worry about minor issues when you can dip 2x BW.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Banned
    mix you cant even do 2x bodyweight!

as far as i remember, only one person on this website posted a 2x bw dip...so maybe form should be a bit more important than that.

go slow, dont use momentum to go up and down use your muscles

Quote Originally Posted by greathuskie
    mix you cant even do 2x bodyweight!
    Absolutely right. That's why I don't worry about minor issues such as the amount of body lean. QED.

The journal / I live here.

If I were to start from scratch as a young 13 year old again, I would do every press, squat, and perhaps deadlifts, for my entire career with chains. -- Dan John

Dont do them twice a week unless your triceps and chest are completely healed. And yah, just do them! Dont worry about separating the chest and tricep, no matter what angle you give it, you will still hit both muscles well.
    "Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent. Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education alone will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination alone are omnipotent. The slogan "press on" has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race." - John Calvin Coolidge

9 months-20lb gains! (2005 Newbie gains)-A bit of motivation for beginners

August 2008 Progress Pics

I posted my 2x bodyweight dip a while back at 150 lbs. As far as focusing on what you hit... dont, either way your gonna have sore triceps and a sore chest after so just dip.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by MixmasterNash
    Absolutely right. That's why I don't worry about minor issues such as the amount of body lean. QED.
    im not saying eh should worry about that, but he should be conscious about what hes doing.

Do straight up and down dips for the tri's and decline bench for the chest. Then you don't have to worry....
    There are no stupid questions, just stupid people.
    Two wrongs don't make a right, but three rights make a left.
    Are you eating while you are reading this? You should be... --hrdgain81
    Remember, kids, if you type well the Grammar Fairy will leave a quarter under your pillow. The Blue Book of Grammar and Punctuation

Well, the Blog's (finally) back (again!): Love and Hope and Sex and Dreams Feel free to stop by and comment.
    Here is my newly-created World of Warcraft Blog: BG's WoW Blog. Once again, feel free to stop by and comment.

Banned
    straight up and down for tris. To focus on chest lean forward. Pretend like you are trying to do a pushup.

That could be crazy if someone could do a pushup on dip bars...just the balance would be awsome!

Banned
    people do similar stuff on the olympics, gymnasts are amazing

so are breakdancers, for that matter

I recently did 150lbs at 143lbs the other week. I always find that I do them better with my head up though then with it down. Just push in a way that you can do the most weight with. Hell, I don't even think about them, I just do them.