The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS

Deadlift pain..?

long time no post....anywho

I had stopped deadlfiting before after a good solid 6-8 months of it( with good gains might I add(str, wise)) because I felt all it ever did for me was make my deadlift stronger, and destroy my lower back for the next 5 days

ive taken a good 6 months off, and decided to get back into it, first week was ok, not too much pain, gon after about 2 days, 2nd time was worse, and this last time, it has been 4 days, and I got legs tmr(squats/sldl's) so I am going to be hurting still, at work today i had to take periodic breaks from work cuz my back would start hurting so bad, anywho, my forms is perfect

not some much like that of exrx.net, more like how ronnie does it in The Unbelievable(with slightly more knee bending, so yea I use a lot of back)

anywho, to my question...is it just me, or does everyone get tremendous lower back pain for 4-6 days after deads, could I be doing something wrong...or am I just worrying to much?, just want to make sure, cuz I am getting up there in weight, and would hate to hurt something bad
    Height: 6' 1/2" Age: 24

Current Status: The brace is off....
    Weight: 208 lbs.

Back in action...

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

It's normal to have low back pain for several days. Try only deadlifting evrey 2-3 weeks instead of every week.

Stats: Age: 34 Weight: 205 Height: 5'6"
    Gym PRs: Squat:635 Bench:560 Deadlift:495
    Meet PRs: Squat:575 Bench:525 Deadlift:510 Total: 1605@220

I actually only get pain for a day or two, even after maxing out and/or doing heavy back work. I also do a lot of back work in my routine, such as hyperextensions, GMs, DLs, rack pulls, RDLs. What sort of accessory work do you do?

by "Pain", we really mean "Soreness" right?

Smeagol on Steroids Mercuryblade's Avatar
    Pain and soreness are two different things... I used to get pain from deadlifts and then realized it was probably from my form (even though I was still making gains). Then the helpful posters on these boards helped me correct my form, now I just get sore.
    You're form might be incorrect or you might have some preexisting back problems. Try doing some excercises that just isolate your lower back, maybe adding a little strength my offset some of the strain your back is experiencing.
    http://www.senseaboutscience.org.uk/

Starting Current
    Bench: 45 lbs Bench: 235 lbs
    Squat: 95 lbs Squat: 285 lbs
    Deadlift: 100 lbs Deadlift: 330 lbs

i normal back day for me would be a bunch of sets of deads, this past week i did
    225x6,315x8,375x6,415x6,465x2 - then a set of hypers to cooldown
    4x4-8 lat pulldowns
    2x8x2 seated rows/some other lat exercise - then a set of chins to cooldown

and by pain, well lets put it this way, while and after doing deads for a few hours, my lower back has a tremendous pump, and has that "good" feeling

but then the days after it just hurts, its an area on me that I can not really distinguish between pain and soreness, alothugh the soreness does give me pain

its one of those things like I said, if I bend over, its a chore to bend back up, if I sit in a car to long it starts hurting like a bitch(which is a major pain in the ass), and like I said, moving some things at work, i had to take periodic breaks cuz my back was giving me so much trouble, this is day 4, and although it doesnt hurt, I can still feel something there, to where i can tell it is not competely back to normal

Back in action...

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by DNL
    by "Pain", we really mean "Soreness" right?
    hopefully!
    romaxe, Please contact Daniel Clough about advertising rates. Thank you.

No one has perfect form. Take a vid and let's review it.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

back day will prolly be thursday, so ill try and see if my gf will let me use her digi camera in the gym to record it

Back in action...