The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness
Latest Article

The Five Biggest Contradictions in Fitness

Itís no secret that when people contradict themselves, it has the effect of making the flaws in their actions or statements seem glaringly obvious. But what about when WE ourselves get caught contradicting ourselves by someone else?

By: Nick Tumminello Added: January 6th, 2014
More Recent Articles
Contrast Training for Size
By: Lee Boyce
An Interview with Marianne Kane of Girls Gone Strong
By: Jordan Syatt
What Supplements Should I be Taking? By: Jay Wainwright
Bench Like a Girl By: Julia Ladewski
Some Thoughts on Building a Big Pull By: Christopher Mason

Facebook Join Facebook Group       Twitter Follow on Twitter       rss Subscribe via RSS
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question about NHE book

For those who've read the Natural Hormonal Enhancement book by Rob Faigin, its nutritional guidelines seem targeted for those people who want to lose fat and gain lean mass at the same time, which make up a large percentage of those fitness-minded folks out there

Question is, is it suitable for naturally very lean individuals who wish to bulk up?

Here's the thing:

to put on weight, u need ingested cals > expended cals

so to put the NHE into practice, u'd have to restrict carbs, and hence make up for the lost cals from protein and fat.

So is this method suitable for people like me, or should I stick to the traditional 50/30/20 kind of bulking diet?

very confused

Don't eat the yellow snow

2.    Support Wannabebig and use AtLarge Nutrition Supplements!

More fat and besides you carb up every 3rd day and then every 4th. The book goes way into more detail then that so I suggest you buy it...you wont regret it.
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Qea-
    Whatsup bro? Yeah like Marcel said Rob goes into detail in the book. There is a Bodybuilders NHE Plan that specifically focuses on adding lean mass while staying lean rather than fat-loss. Definitely give the book a shot its well worth the $.

What is that website because I have the normal book, but I want to get the Bodybuilder's version.

Do you have that version Monstar?

Girlz Luv 2 Ride With Me
    dude i ordered it 3 weeks ago, got it 2 days ago......started reading, and im addicted to it....cant wait to finish it. I urge you to buy it; i posted on the board 3 weeks ago in my anticipation

aeckhardt-
    Bro its in the book hehe. I dont rememmber what page its on though. Maybe Ill check in out in a little bit Im too busy right now though. Its just more fat in the low-carb days and more carbs in the carb-up. Not too much different. Same basic philosophies. It just says NHE Bodybuilding Plan or something like that.

HighlyFanatic-
    Agreed. GREAT read. Great eating plan.. I have been following it and my bodyfat has been slowly dropping as my strength is increasing.

yes the bodybuilding version is in the book.. starts on page 131.

I suggest reading the book even if you don't think the diet will be for you. The book is a fountain of hormonal information and dietary knowledge.
    "They will spend their nights dreaming of six-pack
    abs and a rock hard physique, little do they realize eventually we will reach
    our goal and they will be dreaming of the body we walk around with every
    dayÖonly then will they understand." -- Severed Ties

"There are 6 billion people in this world, and I'm #1." -- me

Always in the Action Severed Ties's Avatar
    I'm not I big fan of the diet, but the book was definetly worth the read.

ST
    "Your bench makes Jesus cry." -Shark

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

Severed Ties-
    Your not a big fan of the diet? Why bro? In my opinion its basically optimizing your natural hormones.

Why don't you like the diet Severed Ties?
    "In the grand scheme of things, both things are quite superficial(obsessed with being muscular&ripped and incredibly strong). And yet lifting can teach you so much. My time at the gym--at least when I'm lifting--is invariably the high-point of my day. There aren't any questions; I almost don't even think. I go into an almost meditative trance-like state. Day-to-day worries become insignificant. I'm focused solely on the weight, and my reason for existence is clear. To move the bar and to improve on what I accomplished last time. Seldom are things so simple." - Blood&Iron

"Most people cannot understand what burns in our blood, the gym is our addiction and iron is our drug. People don't understand why we commit hours a day to a goal where progress is so small it seems immeasurable, why we do cardio instead of watch TV, why eat 6 meals a day, why we insist on ordering diet soda or how we can drink skim milk. Most people will simply never grasp why we refuse to settle for a mediocre body." - Severed Ties

Marcel-
    You keepin a journal of your NHE experience?

I'm keeping track of everything I eat and a training log yes.

Simply the book was excellent when it was written based on the research available. However newer research particularly in the last two years contradicts many of the premises of the diet.

For Bodybuildering application their are better ways to get lean and better ways to add mass.

ST

This is 10% luck, 15% skill, 20% concentrated power of will, 5% pleasure and 50% pain, and 100% reason to remember the name...

bone crusher
    please please tell us more ST!

bone crusher
    Originally posted by the doc
    please please tell us more ST!
    are you talking mainly about the BB diet or the fatloss diet?

Severed Ties - Could you please tell us more about the better ways of getting ripped or adding mass? Or where we could read this? I'm not trying to be a smart-alec either but if there are better ways then I wanna know.

Thought i'd bump this up since I'm waiting for Severed Ties to give a little more insight into the better diet ways to add lean mass

bone crusher
    i PMed him.

ok guys just wanted to let you know I'm working on my responce. I was trying to avoid writing a full article but even without going into serious depth it's hard to pull apart several aspect of an entire book in one post.

Most of my responce applies to low carb diets in general but I am aiming at the NHE plan which shares many of the same aspects of all reduced carb diets. So Hulk may want to make an article out of this, I don't know....it's already long enough, but I hope to have it up in a day or two.

WBB really does it all...forums...articles...and now suspense

ST

yeah ST make it an article. That way if anyone ever needs to refer to it again they can just go to the homepage and not have to search the forums.
    "Geordie/'d3c:di/n. & adj. Brit colloq. n. 1 a native of Tyneside. 2 the dialect spoken on Tyneside. adj. of or relating to Tyneside, its people, or its dialect. [the name George + -IE]

ST - sounds good and can't wait to read it.

I'm sure it's gonna be great

hear hear

Severed Ties-
    So what specifically is your article going to be on?

bone crusher
    patience my young monstar, patience.