Thread: Bulk Nutrition Leg Routine

Bulk Nutrition Leg Routine

My younger brother is currently doing this routine; I'm not a fan. Read it and tell me what you think.

http://www.thebullmagazine.com/Bull23/Lotslats.htm
    Don't hate the player. Hate the game.

WBB's Juggernaut/Liason BigCorey75's Avatar
    The only place where you can mix Alcohol and Live Ammunition and its called a "Family Outing", Texas
    other than the terrible wanna be black (idea for a new site...lol) the program is semi ass backward, squats are supposed to be first since you will spend the most energy on these, the onyl logic with doing leg curls and leg extensions first would be some pre exhaust work but other than that the workout is complety out of order and some what out of whack, and anythime you see a workout written in black dialect by a white guy.....

RUN!!!!!!!!
    Why live if one can not Deadlift?- John Paul Sigmasson

Accept that which is useful and reject what is not- Bruce Lee

Reason and Logic trump religion- Me

Restriction of education, Censorship of knowledge, and Proliferation of religion helps keep the masses tamed- Me

"Money does not fix everything, Smart fixes everything"

looks like an overkill to me! owie the legs
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Anything over 12 reps is cardio.

looks good for the serious possibly gear using BBer, then again people are different and some can handle that, myself i love a high volume intense leg session.
    2000 or bust

200 is small stuff. Margin Of Error's Avatar
    I'm pretty sure its a joke.
    It's easier to point out the differences between us than to admit the similarities.

This body holding me, reminds me of my own mortality.

Quote Originally Posted by Stumprrp
    looks good for the serious possibly gear using BBer, then again people are different and some can handle that, myself i love a high volume intense leg session.

Why would this be good for a gear user.

21 sets for legs, 20+ reps, routine starts with leg curls and extenstions. Basically I hate it and would suggest doing basically the opposite. The only part that was decent was in reference to good form and full ROM.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

Occupational Hypnomania
    O question! About what you said about squats being performed first, how come wbb1 does deadlift like 5th instead of first since it also takes alot of energy?

Bodybuilding Mythbuster
    I stopped reading after the word "toned". Seriously though it's just an ad for the author's product. Read the last five (short) paragraphs.
    Last edited by Songsangnim; 06-06-2006 at 05:32 AM.

why? because look at any gear users leg workout, its just as intense as that.
    2000 or bust

That's a horrible article for too many reasons to list. My personal favorite, however, is the advice about pre/post nutrition.

"Thus, we do not recommend a pre or post workout shake containing carbohydrates unless: You are a performance athlete who needs to recover to compete the next day."

I wonder if he realizes that

1) smart athletes don't waste time with leg extensions and curls.
    2) smart athletes deload before a competition, meaning they would never dream of doing this ******ed routine the day before.

What a joke.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

It's not the best article and I would definitely suggest looking at other routines first before using the one outlined.
    Maki Fit Blog

At Large: Optimize Your Body | Dynamic Conditioning |
    My articles on Wannabebig

"Soli Deo Gloria"
    "Test all things; hold fast what is good.": 1 Thessalonians 5:21

"I do not understand what I do. For what I want to do I do not do, but what I hate I do. And if I do what I do not want to do, I agree that the law is good. As it is, it is no longer I myself who do it, but it is sin living in me. I know that nothing good lives in me, that is, in my sinful nature. For I have the desire to do what is good, but I cannot carry it out. For what I do is not the good I want to do; no, the evil I do not want to do--this I keep on doing. Now if I do what I do not want to do, it is no longer I who do it, but it is sin living in me that does it.
    So I find this law at work: When I want to do good, evil is right there with me. For in my inner being I delight in God's law; but I see another law at work in the members of my body, waging war against the law of my mind and making me a prisoner of the law of sin at work within my members. What a wretched man I am! Who will rescue me from this body of death? Thanks be to God--through Jesus Christ our Lord!"
    Romans 7:14-25

"Judo is not about strength. Yet in the learning curve, all Judokas get strong. Only with time do you learn where to apply that strength."
    The Art of Judo

Mike...I thought you came from smart people?

5/3/1 Journal

http://http://www.wannabebig.com/for...83#post1766083

I would expect a lot more from Bulk Nutrition.

D 435 / S 340 / B 305

Journal

"I avoid talking to normal people about this stuff as much as possible. It's usually a waste of time." - HahnB

"OMG HE EETS 2 MUCH0RZ!!111 O NOES HE EETS TEH FATS!!!111" - PowerManDL

"Test does a body good." - Severed Ties

a so called gear user just reponded to your comment and seems to disagree
    PRs: 655/525/645 = 1825 Total
    Meet PRs: Bench Only 525

Deadlifts bring people together. It's a fact. - Chris Rodgers

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Yeah, I've always respected BN/1fast400, but their credibility comeins in to question when they post crap like that on their site.
    Height: 5'7"
    Weight: Not Big Enough

“Take things as they are. Punch when you have to punch. Kick when you have to kick.” — Bruce Lee

Do you know the defenition of intensity as it applies to resistance training? That routine is ******ed, for ANYONE. I'm sure it works for plenty but it's design is very poor.

Using gear doesnt change the basic principles needed to make strength and muscular gains. If a routine is good for a natural trainer it should be good for a Juiced one, and vice versa.
    Diet is key, the calorie is king

"Most folks are about as happy as they make up their minds to be."
    --Abraham Lincoln

"Nothing in the world can take the place of persistence. Talent will not; nothing is more common than unsuccessful men with talent.
    Genius will not; unrewarded genius is almost a proverb. Education will not; the world is full of educated derelicts. Persistence and determination
    alone are omnipotent. The slogan 'press on' has solved and always will solve the problems of the human race."
    Calvin Coolidge (1872-1933)
    30th U.S. President

"If you want to look abnormal you have to eat abnormal,lol."--ST

i dont know guys, i research alot of body builders and they train just like that lol, what ever im not going to argue.
    2000 or bust

Quote Originally Posted by Beast
    Agreed.

Quote Originally Posted by mrelwooddowd
    Mike...I thought you came from smart people?
    Why on earth would you have thought that?