Thread: lifting after a day with a stiff neck cramp

Hybrid View

Wannabebig Member

lifting after a day with a stiff neck cramp

A few days ago my neck cramped up when i was tensing my neck muscle very tightly...happened a day after i lifted so I'm not sure if that contributed to it...

anyway my question is, can i lift today (i was planning on doing shoulders), it has been 3 days and still stiff a very small amount but i dont want to further injure myself... if not how long should i rest?

I did something to my neck as well, the whole back of it was completely tight. I took a muscle relaxer that night and the next day it was still crappy, but I went and did squats, and layed off the shoulders the next day just because I feel it around the back of my neck area. Really if it's a cramp I'd say do what feels comfortable. This is just my experience from the last few days.

try to do some cardio then massage and stretch it.

Wannabebig Member
    thanks guys ... i went to the gym... i did neck stretches for about 10 minutes and did shoulders taking it slow at first. everything went all right, no further injuries. From what I read online it's ok to lift after the neck strain has passed as it is not a serious injury. However, best to take it slow at the start of your workout and do some stretches just to be sure.

lots of water, lots of salt, throw in some creatine. Eat a banana.
    Last edited by Eszekial; 06-09-2006 at 11:23 AM.
    Eszekial's Journal
    Height: 6'1
    Weight: 200
    Body Fat: 12%
    Bench: 265x3
    ATFSquat: 315x3
    Dead: 275x3