Thread: soreness and hard training

soreness and hard training

ok, so I couldn't think of another place to post it, but i hope this one is ok. I've been training harder for tae kwon do, 3x a week regualr session, followed by 1hr of individual instruction. My master is fixing my kicking and so it is 1hr straight of kicking. The style of kicking is totally different than what I was doing before.

Whatever muscle/ligmaents are behind the knee are really sore, and my knees are sore to the point that at home I cannot bend (cross legs, or tuck them under me) them for more than a few minutes at a time. Any suggestions? or is this something that I have to work through and it will get better? Thanks

Skip a session or two until you can move freely without pain. Pain isn't a bad thing, it's a good thing. It's our body saying "HEY STUPID! Something's wrong here!" Then it's our turn to fix it.
    SAM and FRODO tie up GOLLUM.
    GOLLUM: No! Smeagol not into ropes, nassty kinky hobbitses.
    FRODO: We just want you to take us to Mordor, you sicko.
    GOLLUM: Mordor? Hobbitses having little Goth phase, maybe? Very angsssty, wanting to go to Mordor, yes yes. Can Smeagol offer black eyeliner to angsssty hobbitses?
    SAM: You stop talking to Mr.--hmm. (to FRODO) You know, you wouldn't look half bad in eyeliner.

What type of pain - sharp shooting or dull ache? Do you have pain only during the activities you listed (cross legs, etc) or during normal things like walking, sitting in a chair, or laying down? Does the pain stay with you all week or only during/immediately after the sessions?

I'm asking all of these questions because they are probably what your physio will ask!
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

"What type of pain - sharp shooting or dull ache? Do you have pain only during the activities you listed (cross legs, etc) or during normal things like walking, sitting in a chair, or laying down? Does the pain stay with you all week or only during/immediately after the sessions?"

It is a dull pain that only happens during listed activity, and is worse about an hour or 2 after my sessions, but then gradually decline.

Would Ice help? or is that more temporary fix?