Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: Budget of about 700 pounds, What should i get for my home gym

  1. #1
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    29

    Budget of about 700 pounds, What should i get for my home gym

    Hey, ive been doing a work out routine at home for about a year now using dumbells and a set of weights (I curl about 20Kg ).

    I was interested in spending about 700 pounds ($1300) on some cheap (but effective) recommendations and would like to try and cover most areas of the body (i get my cardio doing sport so i dont need a running machine or anything).

    Im from the UK and was thinking about buying from this site:-
    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/

    There prices seem very fair. So far i was thinking multigym, rowing machine, benchpress. Any recommendations?
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Wish i was strong enough to write/deserve a signature...

  2. #2
    A.K.A Goodwinner Goodwinm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    (UK)
    Posts
    2,930
    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...ecline%5FBench

    Thats a good bench. Can withstand upto 270kg (including bw of user) 69.00


    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...ter%5FCatchers

    Some spotter catches so you can rack the weight once you have finished. 55


    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...5FSquat%5FRack

    This is an awesome rack to do ur squatting. and what an awesome price!! 99.00

    Then from Decathlon weve got this
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produc...037/index.html

    A superb package! 140kg olyimpic barbell set. Price: 139 (bar supports upto 250kg.

    And a very good multigym from decathlon. 90kg on weight stack. So plenty enough for a beginner such as yourself. (mean that in a good way man)

    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produc...001/index.html cost 249
    (multigym includes, seated rowing, pec dec, lat pulldown, chest press. So youve got the best of both worlds. Free weights and Machine weights. This is what id buy if i had 700 quid to spend hehe. Id spend alot more on free weights than machine weights. U just need a decent multigym which you can use for different excercies to blast ur triceps and biceps. But you can also use the olympic barbell for bent over rows, deadlifts and squats!



    So if u have room for all i have suggested, then its a very good start for beginning light work all the way through to intesnive muscle building exercises!
    Total cost for all i have suggested: 611

    With the extra cash you could buy some extra plates for your barbell.

    in decathlon they are 20 for 20kg plates, 15 for 15kg plates and so on. I think its about 1 pound per kilo. Or there abouts.

    With that website u posted they do offer some good deals on plates!! Look here.

    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-2.asp?dept=60

    and here.

    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-2.asp?dept=52
    My Journal

    Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

  3. #3
    Wannabebig Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2006
    Posts
    29
    Hey thanks man!! Thats a great amount of advice
    Ive got to go to work now but when i get back later ill check everything out!
    ------------------------------------------------------
    Wish i was strong enough to write/deserve a signature...

  4. #4
    Cutting..... and Hungry dav619's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    UK
    Posts
    69
    i would also recommend one of these for your dips and pull ups

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Bequipment.htm

  5. #5
    A.K.A Goodwinner Goodwinm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    (UK)
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by mattyT
    Hey thanks man!! Thats a great amount of advice
    Ive got to go to work now but when i get back later ill check everything out!
    ur welcome man

    Quote Originally Posted by Dav619
    i would also recommend one of these for your dips and pull ups

    http://www.argos.co.uk/static/Produc...Bequipment.htm
    ahh yes how cud i forget that!
    quite pricey though.
    Last edited by Goodwinm; 06-18-2006 at 04:16 AM.
    My Journal

    Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

  6. #6
    ANVIL POWER Detard's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Posts
    5,533
    shipping is gonna cost alot i think. or so ive heard due to the weight
    w:225lbs. h:5'10.
    630/385/545/1560
    Journal | Vids

    "im ready for the ladies too, my stomach has never been bigger and ive never been hairier." - Stumprrp

    TJW

  7. #7
    Senior Member Jorge Sanchez's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2005
    Posts
    6,607
    Quote Originally Posted by Goodwinm
    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...ecline%5FBench

    Thats a good bench. Can withstand upto 270kg (including bw of user) 69.00


    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...ter%5FCatchers

    Some spotter catches so you can rack the weight once you have finished. 55


    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...5FSquat%5FRack

    This is an awesome rack to do ur squatting. and what an awesome price!! 99.00

    Then from Decathlon weve got this
    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produc...037/index.html

    A superb package! 140kg olyimpic barbell set. Price: 139 (bar supports upto 250kg.

    And a very good multigym from decathlon. 90kg on weight stack. So plenty enough for a beginner such as yourself. (mean that in a good way man)

    http://www.decathlon.co.uk/EN/Produc...001/index.html cost 249
    (multigym includes, seated rowing, pec dec, lat pulldown, chest press. So youve got the best of both worlds. Free weights and Machine weights. This is what id buy if i had 700 quid to spend hehe. Id spend alot more on free weights than machine weights. U just need a decent multigym which you can use for different excercies to blast ur triceps and biceps. But you can also use the olympic barbell for bent over rows, deadlifts and squats!



    So if u have room for all i have suggested, then its a very good start for beginning light work all the way through to intesnive muscle building exercises!
    Total cost for all i have suggested: 611

    With the extra cash you could buy some extra plates for your barbell.

    in decathlon they are 20 for 20kg plates, 15 for 15kg plates and so on. I think its about 1 pound per kilo. Or there abouts.

    With that website u posted they do offer some good deals on plates!! Look here.

    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-2.asp?dept=60

    and here.

    http://www.powerhouse-fitness.co.uk/...-2.asp?dept=52
    Just a thought...

    If you get the squat rack (which you should) you don't need to get the spotter catchers.
    quidquid Latine dictum sit altum videtur

  8. #8
    A.K.A Goodwinner Goodwinm's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2006
    Location
    (UK)
    Posts
    2,930
    Quote Originally Posted by Jorge Sanchez
    Just a thought...

    If you get the squat rack (which you should) you don't need to get the spotter catchers.
    oh yea. (DAVE!) lol

    detard.

    I think with decathlon the p&p is very good value. And if u have space in a car u can take it away with u. (but have to set it up yourself)
    As for powerhouse fitness they charge from

    9.99, 1 man, all day service. delivered 5-7 working days.

    to
    125, 2 man installation service,

    So still i think is a good deal.
    My Journal

    Squat: 150kg (330lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Deadlift: 180kg x 3 (396lbs) Raw - 14.12.13
    Bench: 110kg (242lbs) Raw - 29.01.14
    Barbell Military Press: 85kg (187lbs) Raw- 31.01.14
    Barbell Push Press: 100kg (220lbs) Raw- 31.01.14

  9. #9
    is taking names. Can'tstopnow's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2006
    Location
    Austin TX
    Posts
    837
    Speed bag and heavy bag with some thin padded bag gloves. It adds a new level to the workout for cardio and strength.
    Change is the constant, the signal for rebirth, the egg of the phoenix.

    Link to my change http://www.wannabebigforums.com/showthread.php?t=85798

    He doesnt start fights he just operates on high speed in a low speed zone all the time .-BRAWL

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •