Thread: Walking Lunges and Testosterone

Hybrid View

Walking Lunges and Testosterone

I've been lurking around WWB for about a year and a half and finally decided to join. Anyway, I hurt my back a little bit and am taking time off from squats to let it heal. Can I expect the same testosterone release from walking lunges (holding a dumbell in each hand) as I can from squatting?

No the T release is not the same with walking lunges, although they are one hell of an exercise. I think you can benefit more from leg press. or may be leg press and walking lunges, or leg press and step-up,

Damn, I guess I'll just have to visit my friendly neighborhood drug dealer then. Na, i'm just kidding, lol

Quote Originally Posted by DNL
    No the T release is not the same with walking lunges, although they are one hell of an exercise. I think you can benefit more from leg press. or may be leg press and walking lunges, or leg press and step-up,
    why leg press?
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Why the hell wouldn't lunges have as much test release as the leg press? I'm sure he's talking about weighted walking lunges. In any event, really any type of compound resistance exercise will have some kind of test release. Is it going to be enough to make you swole like Ronnie Coleman? No.
    What is elite?
    "Those who work the hardest often complain the least." -anonymous
    Pain is inevitable. Suffering is optional.

I am talking about weighted walking lunges, and I am planning on keeping the rep range at 20 or less (10 reps per leg).

like hy said, its really not that big of a deal. the test release you get from any kind of weighted exercise is negligible. just do some type of heavy compound exercise and get your diet in order. that is the biggest factor in making gains.

AtLarge Nutrition Supplements Get the best supplements and help support Wannabebig!

Lunges are better than leg press.
    Facebook - BW166 SQ585 BP405 DL660 CL310

Quote Originally Posted by Anthony
    Lunges are better than leg press.
    i agree
    You will soon see Getfit in OngII Flying Knee Thingys of Doom see if the feisty greek can survive the kicks of Steel Leg From Shaolin Soccer,Dim Mak(def touch) from ChungLee,and Flying Crane by Daniel-san-El Pietro

Spray it with windex greek!-the famous El Pietro

You be quiet or i'll clean and press your narrow francophone self-Callahan

Lift for gains,not glory.Control your ego and the weight

What a strong girl! This leads me to believe you can severly injure most of the male population-Nick Hatfield

You're blazing white hot,anyone ever tell you that? Sometimes i think you have fingers faster then Superman when it comes to posts on WBB forums.
    Hot in terms of both speed and... well new hotness- Stash

gain 50lbs-Anthony

Iron4Life
    I agree... lunges, step-ups, spilt squats w/DBs... all better then leg press.

Lunges involve more muscles esp. with freeweights.

I still think it's better if you use them in combination. Like i had stated, walking lunges is one hell of an exercise, but your arms/grip can only handle so much weight.

DNL, my grip can handle more weight than I can lunge, due mainly to years of being an idiot curl jockey. Holding enough weight is not a problem.

Quote Originally Posted by bjohnso
    DNL, my grip can handle more weight than I can lunge, due mainly to years of being an idiot curl jockey. Holding enough weight is not a problem.
    well then just lunge away my friend.. just lunge away haha

Quote Originally Posted by DNL
    I still think it's better if you use them in combination. Like i had stated, walking lunges is one hell of an exercise, but your arms/grip can only handle so much weight.

You can get a stronger grip.
    I don't know half of you half as well as I should like; and I like less than half of you half as well as you deserve

Reality is merely an illusion, albeit a very persistent one.
    Albert Einstein

I want them to make statues of me