Thread: Too many meals?

Too many meals?

Hey everyone, I am cutting, and I was wondering if eating 6-8 different small meals a day is bad? If that slows down your metabolism or what? Recentely I've been taking 1700-1800 cals a day and 160-199 g protein, and I now weigh 157. Check out my journal to see how I've been eating, is this okay?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Banned
    Eat however often you like. I don't think there is any evidence saying that eating more often is better/worse than eating less often. On a cut, you want your precious cals to be spread out as much as possible.

On a side note, how tall are you? 157 and cutting is a rare thing

Oh okay good, cuz I get hungry fast now lol. I'm 5 11", I want to get like to 2% body fat or soemthing, even though I have no idea what I am now, and when I get there I want to clean bulk, I just don't want any fat, thanks for the info!
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

DeaTH BeFoRe WeaKNeSs sCaRz*Of*PaiN's Avatar
    I want to get like to 2% body fat or soemthing
    No you don't. You'd be be a corpse. That isn't healthy at all. If you want to kill yourself, trying to achieve 2% body fat just might do that. How much do you weigh?
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-18-2006 at 09:53 PM.
    "The only easy day was yesterday."

I was just kidding, IDK how much I want to get too or how much I have now, no idea, im clueless...I weigh 157 now, and I'm 5 11", i have a pic in profile, I was gonna put some up but havn't got around to it yet
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Quote Originally Posted by crazyskater52
    Oh okay good, cuz I get hungry fast now lol. I'm 5 11", I want to get like to 2% body fat or soemthing, even though I have no idea what I am now, and when I get there I want to clean bulk, I just don't want any fat, thanks for the info!
    umm no you dont if you are just starting hit the weights hard you will drop body fat, trust me on this one you dont worry about clean bulking until at your height you are around 190-200.

ps 2% is lower than many bodybuilders competing you will physically not be able to get that low, number one without drugs but probably no matter what

You look pretty lean already. Perhaps you should just do a clean bulk for now to add some good mass and then cut later. It's up to you.

umm no you dont if you are just starting hit the weights hard you will drop body fat, trust me on this one you dont worry about clean bulking until at your height you are around 190-200.
    Um...no. You don't "drop the body fat" if you are consistently taking in more calories than you are burning.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-18-2006 at 10:21 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    You look pretty lean already. Perhaps you should just do a clean bulk for now to add some good mass and then cut later. It's up to you.

Um...no. You don't "drop the body fat" if you are consistently taking in more calories than you are burning.
    Thats not necessarily accurate it is very possible to build mass and drop bodyfat at the same time but becomes extremely harder the more mass you put on. For someone just starting it would not be hard at all. In his case with such low bodyfat maybe not but certainly for someone above 15%.

edit: i did not see the picture in his profile before and assumed his bodyfat was well above 12% or so
    Last edited by cts122; 06-18-2006 at 10:28 PM.

Thats not necessarily accurate it is very possible to build mass and drop bodyfat at the same time but becomes extremely harder the more mass you put on.
    If you're new to lifting, you can go through a nice stage of body recomposition, but for the most part no, you can't really drop body fat and gain mass on a significant level. You bulk then cut. That is how mostly everyone does it around here. There's no point in debating over miniscule things such as that. Stick to the basics.

Quote Originally Posted by sCaRz*Of*PaiN
    If you're new to lifting, you can go through a nice stage of body recomposition, but for the most part no, you can't really drop body fat and gain mass on a significant level. You bulk then cut. That is how mostly everyone does it around here. There's no point in debating over miniscule things such as that. Stick to the basics.

About 2 and a half months ago I was 178 lbs, and I cut down to 157, so I'm very happy about that. But I wanted to get rid of the fat and then start buildin more muscle, I know it takes alot longer but the fat would drive me crazy being there O_o lol.

So do you guys have any idea around how much bf% I have then? Cuz I have no clue... And I was reading the ripped rugged and dense 2.0 link you have scarzof pain, and that sounded pretty good, should I switch to that program? Or should I stay with what I'm doing now, or let me know any sujestions guys, thanks!
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

Quote Originally Posted by crazyskater52
    About 2 and a half months ago I was 178 lbs, and I cut down to 157, so I'm very happy about that. But I wanted to get rid of the fat and then start buildin more muscle, I know it takes alot longer but the fat would drive me crazy being there O_o lol.

So do you guys have any idea around how much bf% I have then? Cuz I have no clue... And I was reading the ripped rugged and dense 2.0 link you have scarzof pain, and that sounded pretty good, should I switch to that program? Or should I stay with what I'm doing now, or let me know any sujestions guys, thanks!
    between 11 and 12%

Is there a reason y cutting then clean bulking is bad?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

But I wanted to get rid of the fat and then start buildin more muscle, I know it takes alot longer but the fat would drive me crazy being there O_o lol.
    You're going to have to deal with a little bit of body fat on a bulk. Everyone here does. You can't cut for a long period of time and expect to see significant gains in mass. Calories = muscles. Muscles are not made of air and it takes an excess in calories to keep your body from reaping your muscles of nutrients for its own personal benefit. Building muscle mass is one of the most taxing caloric processes in the body.

And I was reading the ripped rugged and dense 2.0 link you have scarzof pain, and that sounded pretty good, should I switch to that program?
    If you're making good progress with your current routine, then there's no need to switch.

Is there a reason y cutting then clean bulking is bad?
    No.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-18-2006 at 10:50 PM.

Thanks for the replys :-)

But with a clean bulk, isn't it just getting the exact calories you need so you won't gain fat, but you'll gain muscle slowly?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

You're going to gain some fat on a bulk, whether it's a slow bulk or a normal bulk. You need to face the facts. If you do a clean, slow bulk, you'll gain muscle with not as much fat (but you'll also be gaining muscle mass slower than a normal bulk), but either way...you're going to gain fat. If you want to add mass at a nice rate, you're going to have to pack on some pounds. You can always cut later. Excess calories for a bulk, caloric deficit for a cut.

It's physiologically impossible to make permanent muscle gains with no added body fat. If it was possible, it would be a miracle to every weightlifter out there. You already have a good foundation of muscles on your frame, now you just need to get BIGGER. Lift heavy and eat well.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-18-2006 at 11:08 PM.

How much more should I start eating then? Ugh, how much fat will I gain? lol... and thanks for the help, I hate fat sooo much. But what I don't get is, once I bulk or clean bulk w/e, if you cut don't you start losing your muscle? Or is this why you do them periodicly?
    My Journal!
    My Fitday!
    Male, 19, 5' 11"

When you cut, it's a slow process. If you keep lifting heavy (heavy weight, low reps) then you will burn fat while convincing your body to hold onto your hard-earned muscles. You will lose quite a bit of fat and minimal muscle. This is why you bulk and then cut periodically, yes. You bulk for however long you want to keep gaining good mass and then you cut when you want to make your physique shine and how off all your hard work. Just make it a habit.
    Last edited by sCaRz*Of*PaiN; 06-18-2006 at 11:30 PM.