Thread: Workout/Lifting Question

Wannabebig Member

Workout/Lifting Question

Im on WBB1, and when I do the workout, let's say the bicep and tricep day for example, I start out on the Military Press and end on the Hammer Curls. I try to lift as much as I can to complete my desired reps and sets for that exercise, then move on. When I do this, it gradually destroys my arms (or the muscles I'm working for that day) by the third or fourth exercise. This prevents me from lifting as much as I could from the later exercises because my muscles are just very tired.

So, does that matter? Should I change up my routine each week where I do the same exercises, but in a different order? Should I not lift as much? Or am I doing it all correctly, and just keep truckin.

Wannabebig Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Nirdop
    Im on WBB1, and when I do the workout, let's say the bicep and tricep day for example, I start out on the Military Press and end on the Hammer Curls. I try to lift as much as I can to complete my desired reps and sets for that exercise, then move on. When I do this, it gradually destroys my arms (or the muscles I'm working for that day) by the third or fourth exercise. This prevents me from lifting as much as I could from the later exercises because my muscles are just very tired.

So, does that matter? Should I change up my routine each week where I do the same exercises, but in a different order? Should I not lift as much? Or am I doing it all correctly, and just keep truckin.
    When I first started at the gym, I ran into similar problems with various muscles. One muscle would be exceptionally strong and I'd thus be able to do more weight with it, while another muscle would be exceptionally weak and would only feel weaker after working through my exercises with the stronger muscles. Even so, I stuck with the same order that I worked my muscles (Chest -> Bis -> Forearms on Mon/Thurs, Legs -> Back -> Tris -> Shoulders on Tue/Fri) and my body worked things out on its own.

To answer your question, I would stick with your current agenda and continue working your muscles in the same order that you've been working them in. I would also suggest that you pay careful attention to how much you're eating before you go to the gym (food == energy!) and, more importantly, how much you're sleeping at night.

Hope that helps!
    Last edited by Ateam311; 06-19-2006 at 09:04 PM.

Name: Brandon Shipe
    Height: 5'11"
    Current Weight: 186.75lbs (6/29/06)
    Target Weight: 170-ish lbs

My Journal: Click Here!

My Diet: Click Here!

eek... it's lil' Fixation! fixationdarknes's Avatar
    :withstupi

That being said, don't stick with any set routine for TOO long. Keep at it though.
    Lifting Journal
    Age: 20, Height: 5'7", Weight: 165, Deadlift: 405, 9.5" Squat: 230 x 10, Bench: 195 (3x5)

Quote Originally Posted by fatrb38
    I try to visualize that my girlfriend is under the weight and I have to push the weight up to save her. Of course it doesn't work and I just laugh as I think about the weight slowly crushing her bones. Then I remember it's me under the weight and give 200% effort to push it back up.

Based on the information in your signature, you are far too focused on the details.

You should not have a 'bicep/tricep' day, you don't need to change your routine regularly, and you don't need to worry about little muscle groups.

Squat, bench, oh press, row, chin, sldl. 3 times a week.
    Squats work better than supplements.
    "You know, if I thought like that, I'd never put more than one plate on the bar for anything, I'd never use bands or chains, I'd never squat to parallel or below, and I'd never let out the slightest grunt when I lift. At some point in your lifting career (assuming you're planning on getting reasonably strong and big), you're going to have to accept that most people think you are some kind of freak." -Sensei
    "You're wrong, and I have a completely irrelevant pubmed abstract that may or may not say so." - Belial
    I has a blog.
    I has a facebook.

Quote Originally Posted by Paul Stagg
    Based on the information in your signature, you are far too focused on the details.

You should not have a 'bicep/tricep' day, you don't need to change your routine regularly, and you don't need to worry about little muscle groups.

Squat, bench, oh press, row, chin, sldl. 3 times a week.
    No conventional deadlift and dip? *GASP* hehe

Quote Originally Posted by Nirdop

Your tris get worked when you do chest
    your bis get worked when you do back

"I start out on the Military Press and end on the Hammer Curls" -- are you working shoulders before getting to your arms?

"When I do this, it gradually destroys my arms (or the muscles I'm working for that day) by the third or fourth exercise." -- this is one of the main reason why i only stick with 1 or 2 exercises for arms and 2-3, or very seldom 4, exercises for the larger muscles.

Wannabebig Member
    I may have stated some things incorrectly, i'm just doing the WBB#1 routine